Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Soumaré - Sevilla currently - They have no cash

Don’t think a number of them wanted to be there with Rodgers orchestrated self-destruction. Sure Cooper and his staff will have a good look pre season and work out whether he can do a job as a sitting midfielder alongside Winks. Redemption arc incoming 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Maybe he's this year's redemption player.

It's unlikely but no more so than Nacho or Vesty or Simon Grayson (ask your grandad)

Full on Kevin Keegan, I would LOVE it, were it to happen.

19 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

There was a period before the last world cup when he was very good and we were hitting some form.

Then the world cup came and we as a club lost all momentum.

There's definitely a player there that can be of use in the premier League.

Completely agree. We’re not going to get a good price for him, anyway. 

We need central midfielders

May as well keep him in the squad 

He is good enough for prem football 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Completely agree. We’re not going to get a good price for him, anyway. 

We need central midfielders

May as well keep him in the squad 

He is good enough for prem football 

He’s really not though is he 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looking forward to the first time someone goes past him and he pretty much walks back to catch up with them

Couple of clips from training video where he don’t really look bothered. Also a good pass breaking lines to Vardy too. 

I think it’s one of those moves just hasn’t worked out for either party, I really hope we are able to do a deal that gets some money back and gets him out the club. We really cannot afford to be carrying players. There has been sufficient opportunity for Soumare to show what he is capable of and I am afraid he is just not the right fit for us as a club or potentially for Premier league football. 

Always looked pretty decent from a technical perspective, however my concern has always been his work rate. He was often just jogging back on the turnover and didn't look to be trying particularly hard to recover possession. 

If Cooper can instill that work rate in him I do think that there is a player in there who could be a useful member of the squad, but ultimately it comes down to how much he wants to be a success. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Maybe BR overcoached him. He looks to me like a player who does the simple stuff really well and Coops could get a tune out of him. Hope he impresses during pre season 

There's a lot we can pin on that midget but Soumare jogging like he's wearing a suit of armour isn't one of them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Maybe BR overcoached him. He looks to me like a player who does the simple stuff really well and Coops could get a tune out of him. Hope he impresses during pre season 

Simple stuff like putting in effort, tracking back, passing 5 yards?

• Like 1

Thing is, Soumare was never a lung busting box-to-box midfielder even when at Lille, so the type of effort people seem to be mistakenly expecting is not really his thing. No idea what he really is to be honest, but I just hope whatever he was bought for finally arrives if he is to stay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thing is, Soumare was never a lung busting box-to-box midfielder even when at Lille, so the type of effort people seem to be mistakenly expecting is not really his thing. No idea what he really is to be honest, but I just hope whatever he was bought for finally arrives if he is to stay.

For Seville, i watched a good few of thier games last seaon, if you look at highlights from the big games (Real Madrid especially)I think he's uusing his frame and weight a lot better than when he was with us. He seems less like shy. Make powerful runs and plays those snappy direct forward passes, winning most of his 50/50s. 

Not brilliant defensively or attacking, don't remember seeing him have a shot or make a last man tackle or anything really dramatic like that.

Neither is he making big mistakes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

For Seville, i watched a good few of thier games last seaon, if you look at highlights from the big games (Real Madrid especially)I think he's uusing his frame and weight a lot better than when he was with us. He seems less like shy. Make powerful runs and plays those snappy direct forward passes, winning most of his 50/50s. 

Not brilliant defensively or attacking, don't remember seeing him have a shot or make a last man tackle or anything really dramatic like that.

Neither is he making big mistakes.

Was rewatching some clips from his games at Lille this morning and I was trying to figure out what he was there to do. It was quite difficult to understand what his role was, perhaps a strong man with the muscle to hold off and recapture the ball but it was certainly not obvious! Agree he seemed more involved, some passes, but would not say he charging all over the place. More I watched, the more I could not understand what skill set we thought we would be getting, and that is not to disrespect him as he can clearly play, is tidy on the ball, but to what end was he recruited was my conclusion!

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was rewatching some clips from his games at Lille this morning and I was trying to figure out what he was there to do. It was quite difficult to understand what his role was, perhaps a strong man with the muscle to hold off and recapture the ball but it was certainly not obvious! Agree he seemed more involved, some passes, but would not say he charging all over the place. More I watched, the more I could not understand what skill set we thought we would be getting, and that is not to disrespect him as he can clearly play, is tidy on the ball, but to what end was he recruited my conclusion!

When the scouts categorise players he probably sits across multiple roles and positions, or more so maybe because of his age, he's someone who could become x,y or z. Think that's why we bought him.

I remember when he came here he was really young, young in life experience, been living at home quite sheltered it seemed like to me.  Don't think he was particularly happy, but he'll have got a load of confidence from Seville, he was a big part of keeping them up fans loved him.

Jesus Navas, Ocampos and him had good chemistry on the right, he linked it all up nicely. 

Soumare had a young very combative DM next to him (Agoume). He did most of the defending.

So it would have to be Soumare and Hamza. Rather than Soumare and Winks.

In conclusion: 😂Bouba would need someone more defensive next to him to get the best out of him, *but not entirely sure what the best of him is...

• Like 1