Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

I will take a point. They will play more expansive than Middlesbrough did today so hopefully we can take them.

Also KDH, Mavididi, Fatawu should be fresher after being subbed early today and we need them all performing to win this match 

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I won’t be able to cope with the bed wetters on here if we lose this and still only have a six point lead at the top :rolleyes:

Yeah I think the stress of the last time we had leads and lost them is stuck in peoples minds. It’s never over until it’s over. Damn you Rodgers and the mental scars! It shouldnt happen in any league at any time. 

I agree with you though. The two CL/EL battles we lost we went on horrendous runs. Not fit for the battle. The gap we’ve built up is for results like this, so we are not dropping on a bad result. Instead, even if the worst happen and we drop to a 5/6 point lead, we should have the gap to build it up again. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Possibility of some complacency from Leeds going in to this, on a good run and seeing us lose today

It's a curious one, the psychology does change ever so slightly. We've not been a team that's been written off much yet, nor have Leeds really been a team that's very close to positioning themselves as strong favourites to clinch promotion.

That's now becoming a near certainty and it could get to them. Farke though is a very astute manager in situations like this at this level, but we owe his team one for sure.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a curious one, the psychology does change ever so slightly. We've not been a team that's been written off much yet, nor have Leeds really been a team that's very close to positioning themselves as strong favourites to clinch promotion.

That's now becoming a near certainty and it could get to them. Farke though is a very astute manager in situations like this at this level, but we owe his team one for sure.

I 100% agree with your take, but I just dont think we are ruthless enough to think that way, I really thought we were going to give Borough a match at home today, it kind off confirmed to me we dont have a ruthless enough team approach, with that mentality hope I'm wrong 

Absolutely zero chance we get a result here. Their inconsistencies aside, 11 v 11 they’re a better team than us. They will turn is over comfortably. It then becomes a test of if we can do enough to stay in the top two. I think we’re going to fall out of form just at the wrong time. 

4-0 Leeds.

• Haha 2

Certainly not a must win in any shape or form. Our lead has allowed us the breathing space to have a blip if need be. 

However, it does make Friday a huge game for both sides, even more so for us after today’s result because if we lose again we’re really back in the mix. But, if we win for me it seals it. Big game. 

Honestly I have a lot of fear for this game.

They're not even conceding goals nowadays which has always seem to be an issue for them despite good attacking play. 

I just worry the atmosphere there and style Leeds play with will be too much for us. 

I hope we go there and play our game at our best level. A point would be ok, but I'm not confident at all 

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Absolutely zero chance we get a result here. Their inconsistencies aside, 11 v 11 they’re a better team than us. They will turn is over comfortably. It then becomes a test of if we can do enough to stay in the top two. I think we’re going to fall out of form just at the wrong time. 

4-0 Leeds.

Bloody hell what is wrong with people.

We don't NEED to win, Leeds do which is a big point like when we played them at ours. 

Play our game and we win though. We're a better team. We have too many fans with a loser mentality when it comes to leicester. We're the best thing this crap leagues ever seen. 

• Like 1