Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

23 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

I'm not sure I trust or defence against their attack, it's a scary prospect.

Can't see us taking anything although probably won't be a poor performance.

I, for one, won't be panicking just yet. The 4 fixtures after the QPR game will be huge, though 

I was at the Sheffield Wednesday game and felt we were open at the back when they broke. They were just not good enough to exploit it. I wouldn’t call Winks a defensive midfielder either as he’s used more to spring attacks. Ricky P. is good but will have his hands full at RB on Friday night. 

This part of our game worries me and requires either KDH, Choudry or Praet to be on top of the game aswell. 

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

the other team is more up for it, regardless of how up for it we are, they'll have more freedom to take advantage of that extra adrenaline and boost they'll get from the crowd. Whereas it'll probably just increase our anxiety as we robotically try to stick to our metho

I agree, but but, robotically sticking to a system can be a huge help under pressure. Rather than adrenaline taking over the decision making. 

You pays yer money, you takes yer choice 

Tbh, I'm comforted how we bossed Ipswich away and I thought Cov away was a masterclass in dealing with a high pressure game (until sending off) ,.letting them swing and miss whereas we slipped through the gears two or three times and elegantly swept through them

Also,.Leeds at home never ever deserved to be a defeat. It was a 0-0 all over, but they got a lucky break

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Vazman said:

If everyone is at the top of their game Friday and turn up,  we win.  I want this to be a full on battle, with no doubts as to who deserves top spot at the end.

Do we really strike you as a team who will dig in, man the trenches and fight like hell?  I think we’re very good indeed when things are going our way. Less so when they’re not. 

I’m prepared for defeat at Leeds, as in my opinion, that is the most likely result. More than happy to be proven wrong and will be delighted with a draw or win. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Vazman said:

If everyone is at the top of their game Friday and turn up,  we win.  I want this to be a full on battle, with no doubts as to who deserves top spot at the end.

Not sure that is the way we fly these days, maybe we could have a dance off instead?   lol

5 minutes ago, shen said:

Heads haven't dropped at all this year when we've been struggling or losing, not really sure we can have a dig at the players' mentality.

Didn’t say their heads have dropped though. I said we don’t do as well when we’re in a scrap. Fair enough if you disagree, but that’s how I see it. You only have to look at our results against the better teams, where we’ve had more of a tussle to contend with. 

Nothing for us to really fear here. Leeds are a really good, dangerous side but we have to look to impose our game and quieten the crowd. I'd go same side as Boro apart from Vardy for Daka. Vards is on one of his runs of form and an experienced head will do us good 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Didn’t say their heads have dropped though. I said we don’t do as well when we’re in a scrap. Fair enough if you disagree, but that’s how I see it. You only have to look at our results against the better teams, where we’ve had more of a tussle to contend with. 

Isn’t that how it should be..we will see how it pans out…

Enjoy and embrace how one gets through the tough times…

All are learning stages,if Enzo & squad stand the test then job done,

Dont hide behind the sofa…enjoy the games and fight  that gives or take away..

• Like 1

Leeds are good, Leicester are good.

Looking forward to the game and the players and fans  from both sides should as well.

If both clubs achieve what they hope , the game next season will be one of the easier ones for both , considering what we'll be going into.

If that makes sense 😄

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure that is the way we fly these days, maybe we could have a dance off instead?   lol

It's why this match is important, win or even draw will tick more than a points box. 

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Isn’t that how it should be..we will see how it pans out…

Enjoy and embrace how one gets through the tough times…

All are learning stages,if Enzo & squad stand the test then job done,

Dont hide behind the sofa…enjoy the games and fight  that gives or take away..

Agree with enjoy the fight.

This obsession with winning the league, breaking all records and being marvellous won't guarantee us anything next year.

Kompany's Burnley went up as the next best thing and stunk the premiership out this year, whilst Luton scraped through via the playoffs and are a proper handful for even the best in the land.

I'm more concerned with motivating the fighter's than cruising with Teilemans style softies who go missing when it counts.

Well done Rob Edwards.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dr.o.ball said:

Agree with enjoy the fight.

This obsession with winning the league, breaking all records and being marvellous won't guarantee us anything next year.

Kompany's Burnley went up as the next best thing and stunk the premiership out this year, whilst Luton scraped through via the playoffs and are a proper handful for even the best in the land.

I'm more concerned with motivating the fighter's than cruising with Teilemans style softies who go missing when it counts.

Well done Rob Edwards.

Don’t care where other teams failed..It might happen to us,the football world

as I knew it has died out,neither for the better..or worse!

The old reasoning of the relegated and promoted sides, as no value or comparison.

We get promoted,it all starts again 2014-2021 mixed memories,that saw us

in our best light,tears of joy, pride,  Linekers,and Vardy’s home Videos said it al!,

This is a new era,new manager,new system and ideology,it gives us a chance

to compete,to challenge ourselves…I don’t go with all these predicictions

fair or foul…Football is a simple game,these last 50+ years of off-field opera

& very loud OTT media noise,doesn’t interest me…I see and watch the game,the

football interest around squad,players and manager,the rest is irrelevant Bullshit,

it’s the sport on field I concentrate on…Clickbait,fishkoder,media noise,even over

transfers just twaddle..

On day critic of player performance,knee-jerk day-game emotion all ok,

this conisiting cackling and player agendas, is immature demeaning and discreditting club.A guy comes along,pulls on the shirt,put his best in,even in

off days,keeps to managers and teammates system and credentials,he’s done his

job. OTT analysing is nonsense and unfair,because one doesn’t see or feel what

is happening on the inside,so there is simply no balance…

Discussions on tactics,performances to a degree,statistic and tactics a la @StriderHiryu all open and fair game. Question over,the whys and wherefores

great debate,banter and discussions.

Running scared or OTT. Breast thumping then imploding from frustration

going into meltdown scenarios over the full week,getting on a players case,

is like a dog gnawing an old bone it then just become a comfort blanket for one’s own emotional discipline.

The cynical discrediting overtones , just don’t tip over into my world,its just a sport

with human frailties..Financial gratuities are secondary,if a player in that direction

played silly Buggar upsetting the squad balance..he goes.

Like Enzo says “it’s football” and all things can happen

.I look at present deliverer,within context of the season…

33..25..78, that delivery means. that they are doing the most..right.

If we miss  out,because of fall-off.!! It’s not yet happened so why go there..??
Wedont support a club because of what might happen..

if it was . 33.  10..28-41,time to worry..

Some posts remind me of those brave young souls with mobiles,

concentrating on filming or selfies,

that after all the games,they were present

they seen but never saw or felt the game.

I am envious  of the supporters who can go to the ground,

there you see the whole game and players off the ball,

managers reactions…And better view of all round tactics.

I am now bed ridden,so I would give way for some who love

occasionally just watching 1-2 players,or defence or Forward

movement..etc,etc

But to go there and not embrace the spirit of the game or

just throw out negatives is not something I can understand.

M’borough,shit result,but we played some good football

the result does not make the game

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

No pressure in one sense on this game. Lose here and we're still massively in the driving seat.

However, an authoritative win is needed because we've been poor against the teams around us and would open up a few cracks about our ability against better teams. Both Ipswich games we should have been in total control of but sloppy and passive second halves, Leeds we were just well below par and granted a good win over Southampton but that was when they were a completely different beast.

• Like 1

Let's just beat these F'#@&=rs, I really want us take them apart, and I really want to rub it in with some Leeds supporting mates, I hope Enzo has our team well up for this, it will be the defining match for me, win this we top the league comfortably which is what we the fans, Enzo and his team deserve.  

They'll be all over us, at home, their cup final, on form, scoring goals and not conceding.

Hoping for one of two things, ideally both. One, we shake off the cobwebs of boro and continue our away form, two, we finally get a sh1t red on our side, early red for them  dodgy pen etc would give us a bit of a lift

Midfield is a quandry for this one - Ampadu and Kamara bossed it in the home game. We cope ok without Ndidi for the games against the lesser sides but these are the ones where we miss him.

I'd be tempted to play Choudhury rather than Praet to add a bit of muscle. He's not as good on the ball but his recovery pace is useful when we get hit on the break. He can also free up Ricardo to play a bit further up the pitch. Aside from that I'd not change too much and keep the faith with Daka up top.

I wonder how much the atmosphere might inadvertently help us. 

Smartest way for them to play and the most dangerous thing for us is if they let us have the ball and they press us. They're lethal on the break, they're the best pressing team in the league, they're probably the only side in the Championship I'm anxious about us trying to bait to beat the press. 

Silliest thing they can do is what Southampton and Norwich have done before them, try and get on the front foot and bring it to us. 

But this game is probably going to have the loudest and most intense home atmosphere in the Championship this season. It's an evening game, usually the best atmosphere, it's a Friday night, it's Elland Road, it's Leeds hosting the top team in the league and best of all it's near literally their cup final. Not in any arrogant We're Massive sense but in that if they don't beat us they almost certainly will not catch us. Worse, if they don't beat us Southampton almost certainly will catch them. 

It's a ridiculous occasion and the pressure is already all on them but the crowd are going to be absolutely baying. If it encourages them to get forward, be reckless and attack we'll absolutely crucify them on the counter and I can genuinely see that happening. 

3 minutes ago, izzymuzzet said:

Midfield is a quandry for this one - Ampadu and Kamara bossed it in the home game. We cope ok without Ndidi for the games against the lesser sides but these are the ones where we miss him.

I'd be tempted to play Choudhury rather than Praet to add a bit of muscle. He's not as good on the ball but his recovery pace is useful when we get hit on the break. He can also free up Ricardo to play a bit further up the pitch. Aside from that I'd not change too much and keep the faith with Daka up top.

Vardy-Daka….Daka-Vardy…??

One of those difficult split descisions and then obviously opinions.

We want a Daka or Cannon,to take over Jamie’s mantle,this is the

sort of game you want to see one of the younger guys stand up

and grab hold of that mantle ..

On the other hand you have Mr Leicester in top form who would love

a crack at the first 55-70 minutes,with all the reasons you can think of.

Like Enzo will have to, you buy the ticket,spend ya pennies let the dice roll.

Then again,it could be that CF,whoever is not from where the central game

will be played out…