Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

41 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

No pressure in one sense on this game. Lose here and we're still massively in the driving seat.

However, an authoritative win is needed because we've been poor against the teams around us and would open up a few cracks about our ability against better teams. Both Ipswich games we should have been in total control of but sloppy and passive second halves, Leeds we were just well below par and granted a good win over Southampton but that was when they were a completely different beast.

A bit irrelevant given we only have 1 more game against our rivals the rest of the season after Friday? 

Even if we lose to Leeds and Southampton and draw say 3 games and win the other 7, we'd finish on 105 points. 

Ipswich couldn't overtake us with maximum points.

Southampton could get to 109 with maximum points. 

Leeds could get to 108 with maximum points.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Don’t care where other teams failed..It might happen to us,the football world

as I knew it has died out,neither for the better..or worse!

The old reasoning of the relegated and promoted sides, as no value or comparison.

We get promoted,it all starts again 2014-2021 mixed memories,that saw us

in our best light,tears of joy, pride,  Linekers,and Vardy’s home Videos said it al!,

This is a new era,new manager,new system and ideology,it gives us a chance

to compete,to challenge ourselves…I don’t go with all these predicictions

fair or foul…Football is a simple game,these last 50+ years of off-field opera

& very loud OTT media noise,doesn’t interest me…I see and watch the game,the

football interest around squad,players and manager,the rest is irrelevant Bullshit,

it’s the sport on field I concentrate on…Clickbait,fishkoder,media noise,even over

transfers just twaddle..

On day critic of player performance,knee-jerk day-game emotion all ok,

this conisiting cackling and player agendas, is immature demeaning and discreditting club.A guy comes along,pulls on the shirt,put his best in,even in

off days,keeps to managers and teammates system and credentials,he’s done his

job. OTT analysing is nonsense and unfair,because one doesn’t see or feel what

is happening on the inside,so there is simply no balance…

Discussions on tactics,performances to a degree,statistic and tactics a la @StriderHiryu all open and fair game. Question over,the whys and wherefores

great debate,banter and discussions.

Running scared or OTT. Breast thumping then imploding from frustration

going into meltdown scenarios over the full week,getting on a players case,

is like a dog gnawing an old bone it then just become a comfort blanket for one’s own emotional discipline.

The cynical discrediting overtones , just don’t tip over into my world,its just a sport

with human frailties..Financial gratuities are secondary,if a player in that direction

played silly Buggar upsetting the squad balance..he goes.

Like Enzo says “it’s football” and all things can happen

.I look at present deliverer,within context of the season…

33..25..78, that delivery means. that they are doing the most..right.

If we miss  out,because of fall-off.!! It’s not yet happened so why go there..??
Wedont support a club because of what might happen..

if it was . 33.  10..28-41,time to worry..

Some posts remind me of those brave young souls with mobiles,

concentrating on filming or selfies,

that after all the games,they were present

they seen but never saw or felt the game.

I am envious  of the supporters who can go to the ground,

there you see the whole game and players off the ball,

managers reactions…And better view of all round tactics.

I am now bed ridden,so I would give way for some who love

occasionally just watching 1-2 players,or defence or Forward

movement..etc,etc

But to go there and not embrace the spirit of the game or

just throw out negatives is not something I can understand.

M’borough,shit result,but we played some good football

the result does not make the game

Agree. Maximum effort play who's in front of you. Each game is a new unknown.

20 minutes ago, Flappit said:

I'd rather a Lilian Nalis-inspired "Crying into your Hovis" night (thankyou @nagerz, I think)

KDH with a ridiculous right foot screamer volley that the whole world knows he couldn't do again if he tried 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

A bit irrelevant given we only have 1 more game against our rivals the rest of the season after Friday? 

Even if we lose to Leeds and Southampton and draw say 3 games and win the other 7, we'd finish on 105 points

102 points. 78+21+3.

The table on Saturday night could easily be

Leicester 78

Southampton 73

Leeds 72

Ipswich 72

but if we beat Leeds and have Southampton and Ipswich drop points in one of their two games until then then it could be

Leicester 81

Southampton 71

Ipswich 70

Leeds 69

Big, big week this.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Can we get someone to sneak in at Seagrave and pin up a picture of the Leeds team celebrating and saying their coming for us?

our boys just need to be motivated. They are far too nice and we need to see a mean streak from them. We need to do to Leeds what Liverpool did to us in the premier league when we riding high and they came to the KP and slapped us back down to earth emphatically!

Personally I would start JJ over Doyle for this one. Feel we need that extra bit of pace against these.

Also need to start Vardy. Experience, big game player and bang on form again. Yes, he may not be able to go a full 90 every game (twice a week) these days but these are the sorts of games he will relish 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Personally I would start JJ over Doyle for this one. Feel we need that extra bit of pace against these.

Also need to start Vardy. Experience, big game player and bang on form again. Yes, he may not be able to go a full 90 every game (twice a week) these days but these are the sorts of games he will relish 

I think we need JJ because we will be more defensive. I wouldn't trust Doyle for this one.

For me Daka still deserves to be 1st choice. I don't expect the game to be compressed like it was against Middlesborough which will give Daka and the wingers more space.  If we can tire them out then Vardy comes on. Im not convinced he should be starting these games.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Did I miss something with Vestergaard? Leeds forum saying he is out for the game.

One of their media outlets was reporting it …!!
Knowing how journalist are..he is over a week behind,…

lol

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Even if we lose to Leeds and Southampton and draw say 3 games and win the other 7, we'd finish on 105 points. 

Good stats

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's natural to be a little fearful and concerned but some of the shit I've read the last few days is astonishing. How on earth can some of these beliefs have been formed this season?  We've won 25 out of 33 games. Some of us are broken as a fan base, there's no hope.

:brendan_still:

Still in peoples heads.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kasey Keller said:

It gets better 

Leeds United v Leicester City (20:00)
CRAIG PAWSON
Marc Perry and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Jeremy Simpson

the fix is in. i'm lumping on leeds.

Quite zen on this, expect to lose as I fear their intensity will be dialled up to 11 and be too much for us.

However, it’s one game, the hardest game all season arguably;, but plenty of points left that we should be claiming.

Still hope we win obviously mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kasey Keller said:

It gets better 

Leeds United v Leicester City (20:00)
CRAIG PAWSON
Marc Perry and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Jeremy Simpson

Just like Kavanagh on Saturday, another one who's forgotten how to ref without a video helper. He'll be letting all sorts of challenges go presuming his mate in the box will ask him to go the tellybox if it's wrong. Needs a sensible head reffing the game like Allison or Singh. Both have been exceptional when we've had them this season.

• Like 1