Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

7 hours ago, Kasey Keller said:

It gets better 

Leeds United v Leicester City (20:00)
CRAIG PAWSON
Marc Perry and Steven Meredith
Fourth Official : Jeremy Simpson

Can't remember us ever winning a game that Pawson has refereed. He really does seem to have it in for us. He's also the sort to bottle it in front of a raucous home crowd by giving them a soft pen. 

• Like 2

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

Can't remember us ever winning a game that Pawson has refereed. He really does seem to have it in for us. He's also the sort to bottle it in front of a raucous home crowd by giving them a soft pen. 

Pawson oh ****

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

i think he reffed the newcastle games a few years ago when we smashed them 5-0. he sent one of their players off.

still a shit ref tho

Edited by don_danbury

Guest glasgowfox
24 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Leeds will only be raucous for 5 minutes :beer:

57 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

He literally reffed our win v Brum 3 weeks ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We need to be treating this like a cup final. Win it and the league title is ours

For the first time this season I'm nervous but I genuinely believe we're better than them overall 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

First game in a long time that Im dreading. Leeds attacking threat are quick and their movement is good. They have been better defensively as well. We do have the capacity to beat them, bug I worry that defensively, we'll be exposed by the pace, similar to Boro game. 

I hope that the last game was a wake up call and Enzo has a plan. But I have a bad feeling for this one. 

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

For the first time this season I'm nervous but I genuinely believe we're better than them overall 

If you're right (I think you probably are) then no need to be too nervous. Even if this one goes wrong, if we're better than them overall we'll maintain or even increase our lead over them.

Up the City!

• Like 1

Leeds fans seem pretty confident they'll win on Friday and also feel the title is within reach when (if) they do win. 8 wins in a row has made them feel invincible. They need a reality check and hopefully it'll arrive Friday night. Our record at Elland Road isn't that bad either. Up the Foxes!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RearsbyFox said:

Leeds fans seem pretty confident they'll win on Friday and also feel the title is within reach when (if) they do win. 8 wins in a row has made them feel invincible. They need a reality check and hopefully it'll arrive Friday night. Our record at Elland Road isn't that bad either. Up the Foxes!!

Think its a Must-not-lose for me! Keep them at arms length, but if we win then its curtains. 12 points ahead of 2nd place at this stage, we cookin!

Kinda dreading this a bit. Sometimes I wish I didn’t care as much, as I know it’s irrational, but the emotional delta between winning and losing this one is going to be massive. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RearsbyFox said:

They seem convinced that Maresca's preferred style of playing out from the back combined with their high press and attacking talent = plenty goals for them. They could be right, but I wonder if we might play a little bit differently on Friday - ie, less attempts to 'play through the lines' and more long passes to our wingers to set up rapid counterattacks. They won't sit deep, which will leave space for us to attack. I hope we exploit it. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

First game in a long time that Im dreading. Leeds attacking threat are quick and their movement is good. They have been better defensively as well. We do have the capacity to beat them, bug I worry that defensively, we'll be exposed by the pace, similar to Boro game. 

I hope that the last game was a wake up call and Enzo has a plan. But I have a bad feeling for this one. 

Enzo always has a plan!

Trouble is - it's ALWAYS the same plan!

11 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

With Ipswich winning, Leeds will want to go for the win now 

Can see some spaces opening up at the back 🤩

yep because if Ipswich drew or lost I think leeds wouldn’t be that arsed about our game. 

Really struggling to see how we win this one. I can see us getting our noses ahead 1-0 or 2-1 but from the evidence I’ve seen this season, I  just can’t see us hanging on to a lead. If we are winning going into the last 10, no way we close the game out, unless we are 2 or 3 up which is highly unlikely.

I think a draw with Leeds scoring a late equaliser in the best we can hope for, which wouldn’t be a bad result actually. 

Then there is Bournemouth…Turkey & Tinsel roasts…

Stuff  Leeds, the road will be smoother….

Strange how we always throw the hard challenges

and questions at Enzo & team, that is when they come up with answers

when  we take periods or games too lightly,we end up with M’bororough result.

Then more relaxed FA.cup game,where one can enjoy an extra portion of

Roast potatoes.and Yorkshire pudding,with lots of gravy..pillaged from Leeds.

I would if life allowed me be taking a full long Weekend off in UK..

A full day in Leeds,enjoy the following day around Leeds market,

Then off to Bournemouth in nice hotel with trimmings..

Have a short chinwag in the square with the unemployed,then to Oceanarium

then go on a pub crawl night before game :George Tapps.O‘Neils,Felsons…etc *

Then day of the game few brisk walks along

any one of their beaches & promenades,then pop into into a nice cafe

Prom diner,Olive cafe or Kings park Cafe. Feet up in Hotel,.

Nice  rest then off for a couple of pints before game in one of

the previous night saunted mentioned pubs*

celebratery meal in a late restaurant../pub

or eat a kebab or Pizza on a promenade bench.

Edited by fuchsntf

7 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

Really struggling to see how we win this one. I can see us getting our noses ahead 1-0 or 2-1 but from the evidence I’ve seen this season, I  just can’t see us hanging on to a lead. If we are winning going into the last 10, no way we close the game out, unless we are 2 or 3 up which is highly unlikely.

I think a draw with Leeds scoring a late equaliser in the best we can hope for, which wouldn’t be a bad result actually. 

It's a scenario I can see playing our but I think Leeds will want a win and hopefully we can do what we did in the West Brom game and hit them on the counter. Must get the first goal as we aren't that good at chasing a game