Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

41 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Kinda dreading this a bit. Sometimes I wish I didn’t care as much, as I know it’s irrational, but the emotional delta between winning and losing this one is going to be massive. 

Know what you mean but I'm more looking forward to it. Even if we lost we've still got a great points buffer the others would die for!

Now, one of play off finals at Wembley in the past, that's proper emotion and nerves compared to this game because we've got plenty of games after!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Know what you mean but I'm more looking forward to it. Even if we lost we've still got a great points buffer the others would die for!

Now, one of play off finals at Wembley in the past, that's proper emotion and nerves compared to this game because we've got plenty of games after!

Fair point. Swindon playoff final. From deepest low to unbelievable high and then complete devastation that lasted until Steve Walsh scored against Derby in the next playoff final. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RearsbyFox said:

Fair point. Swindon playoff final. From deepest low to unbelievable high and then complete devastation that lasted until Steve Walsh scored against Derby in the next playoff final. 

I was there - I’d been shouting so much I lost my voice for a few days 🤣

Do you lot ever get tired of the constant big games every season as an lcfc fan lol 

Remember how big it was of a game at their place last season?

fvcking tiring 

We'll be well up for this after the lethargic first half against Boro

That being said I think they'll run us ragged, but we'll get a result. Last minute equaliser or winner from Vardy

Regardless of what happens in this one though, I think we're about there.. even of Ipswich win.   They'll still be 6 points behind with a goal difference around 20 worse off.

Definitely a play offs to avoid

2 hours ago, RearsbyFox said:

Noooooo! I didn't mean that one, you've brought it all back now!

Edited by volpeazzurro

This is the match that wins us the league. 3-1 to Leicester, KDH Masterclass. I see this being pretty end to end, with Leeds trying to force the issue and Leicester having some success on the counter, especially once we have the lead.

• Like 1

Just now, An Away Move said:

Why be nervous about facing these? This could well be one of our easiest away fixtures next year?  

Next year yeah when we will probably have more than half a different team and if we didn't have the tendency to shit our pants at every big game then maybe i wouldn't be as nervous

Just now, Trekerz said:

Next year yeah when we will probably have more than half a different team and if we didn't have the tendency to shit our pants at every big game then maybe i wouldn't be as nervous

When have we shat ourselves this season? Can’t think of a single instance. 

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

When have we shat ourselves this season? Can’t think of a single instance. 

We've had one "big" game this season being Cov and Fatawu getting sent off when we're 1-0 up seems like shitting it to me. But not talking about this season, talking about in general over the last few years e.g Everton at home, Roma away, both games against Forest away

Edited by Trekerz

It really feels like a massive game.

Win this and Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich all forget about catching us and it's a race for 2nd for them.  Meanwhile, any pressure completely lifts from us.  Lose and whilst we're still 6 clear with a massive goal difference advantage, the margin just becomes so narrow and Leeds having done the double over us, will really feel they can catch us.

10 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

We've had one "big" game this season being Cov and Fatawu getting sent off when we're 1-0 up seems like shitting it to me. But not talking about this season, talking about in general over the last few years e.g Everton at home, Roma away, both games against Forest away

Fatawu made a reckless challenge that was a borderline red card. Unfortunately the ref gave it. Without that decision, we would have won that game. In fact, even with 10 men we still managed to get to 80mins without conceding before fatigue set in and they scored. The red card changed everything - we didn't bottle it.

Your other examples are irrelevant because they were under Rodgers.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Fatawu made a reckless challenge that was a borderline red card. Unfortunately the ref gave it. Without that decision, we would have won that game. In fact, even with 10 men we still managed to get to 80mins without conceding before fatigue set in and they scored. The red card changed everything - we didn't bottle it.

Your other examples are irrelevant because they were under Rodgers.

Maybe conceding those two late equalisers to Ipswich can be considered a factor

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

We've had one "big" game this season being Cov and Fatawu getting sent off when we're 1-0 up seems like shitting it to me.

That was only a big game for some of our fans; there's no way it felt like one to the team. Friday will though.

• Like 2

Feel as though Leeds have strengths that will directly prey on our weaknesses.

They are quick in attack, direct and physical.

They have a great home record, Elland Road will be a fortress and they'll be full of confidence after our defeat against Middlesbrough with a chance to close the gap further.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see Leeds winning this fairly comfortably.