Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

34 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Fatawu made a reckless challenge that was a borderline red card. Unfortunately the ref gave it. Without that decision, we would have won that game. In fact, even with 10 men we still managed to get to 80mins without conceding before fatigue set in and they scored. The red card changed everything - we didn't bottle it.

Your other examples are irrelevant because they were under Rodgers.

Add to that at the start of the second half we had 2 great chances to bag a second.

Leeds at home we hit the bar and meslier made an outstanding save 

I'm with you.  Not cacked it once 

That being said, Leeds currently form makes them clear faves for me. They don't concede, score 3 a game. I'd happily scrape a point 

19 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

Feel as though Leeds have strengths that will directly prey on our weaknesses.

They are quick in attack, direct and physical.

They have a great home record, Elland Road will be a fortress and they'll be full of confidence after our defeat against Middlesbrough with a chance to close the gap further.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see Leeds winning this fairly comfortably. 

Until we lost to Middlesbrough, our home form was the same as Leeds for points and gd, they had just scored 2 more.

We have by far the better away form, we've only taken 2 points less from away games this season than they have at home. It's not a write off.

My only worry is current form and how easily they're beating teams. We could've really done with Wilfs physicality and quality. 

We need to be on the same wavelength, unlike against boro, which was a rarity and tbf we still created enough clear chances to win.

Stop them getting on top early, stifle the game for openings and let them get frustrated with us. 

It's a game that Vardy must start for me too. And, as much as a liability he can be at times, I wouldn't mind seeing Hamza start in the 8 role purely for the physical side, even if we do lose some creativity. Mav and Abdul have to be on their game for this one. 

Back up winger needs to be Albrighton, Kacey isn't good enough for this one

Edited by Simonb
  • Like 2

Just now, Simonb said:

Add to that at the start of the second half we had 2 great chances to bag a second.

Leeds at home we hit the bar and meslier made an outstanding save 

I'm with you.  Not cacked it once 

That being said, Leeds currently form makes them clear faves for me. They don't concede, score 3 a game. I'd happily scrape a point 

I'm not arguing with Leeds being favourites. But neither am I unhappy with us being underdogs for this one. We'll come under heavy  pressure but there will be space for us to attack. I just get the feeling we'll go up there and give them a proper game. I don't understand why some people seem to be cacking themselves about it - I'm looking forward to it personally...

• Like 4

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

I'm not arguing with Leeds being favourites. But neither am I unhappy with us being underdogs for this one. We'll come under heavy  pressure but there will be space for us to attack. I just get the feeling we'll go up there and give them a proper game. I don't understand why some people seem to be cacking themselves about it - I'm looking forward to it personally...

Personally I'm not confident based on what I've seen from both sides since Christmas, but we're due a favourable ref and proper team performance.

Whatever happens we're going up, but if we get it right we'll get something from this. Everyone needs to bring their best  especially kdh 

It's on Enzo to get them right and ready and from the most part of this season, he's definitely capable.. I mean we are 9 clear aren't we

47 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Fatawu made a reckless challenge that was a borderline red card. Unfortunately the ref gave it. Without that decision, we would have won that game. In fact, even with 10 men we still managed to get to 80mins without conceding before fatigue set in and they scored. The red card changed everything - we didn't bottle it.

Your other examples are irrelevant because they were under Rodgers.

The thing is my original comment was just in relation to the fact the poster called me out for being nervouslol I'm fully behind Enzo and this team but we do have a history of dropping big games. Also, as the other poster mentioned, both Ipswich games this season is a prime example of "bottling" it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I think people are worried about the perceived idea that losing to them is a 'wheels coming off' and 'leeds overtaking us' moment - I sense people more worried about it being the beginning of the end more than the match itself. 

I think the Leicester fanbase will probably lack the maturity to stomach the fact that the gap between all the top 4 is likely to shrink between now and the end of the Southampton game (the next 5 matches) but even if it does I back us to have a better finish and get over the line anyhow. 

For clarity, whilst I think Leeds are favourites on Friday, I'm not worried about the above, just trying to second guess other people

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Personally I'm not confident based on what I've seen from both sides since Christmas, but we're due a favourable ref and proper team performance.

Whatever happens we're going up, but if we get it right we'll get something from this. Everyone needs to bring their best  especially kdh 

It's on Enzo to get them right and ready and from the most part of this season, he's definitely capable.. I mean we are 9 clear aren't we

Leeds in the league since Christmas 

Won 8 Lost 2 

Leicester in the league since Christmas 

Won 6 draw 2 lost 2 

The 2 draws were against Ipswich (we all know what happened in both games) so really the form is similar in the last 10. 

Seems like there is a lot of doom and gloom amongst fans and going to be a lot of 'i told you so' fans come Friday night if we do lose. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I keep reading Leeds has an amazing home record. 

They have 40 points from home games, we have 40 points from home games :frusty:

people just read headlines and dont look at the actual bigger picture. 

• Like 2

Of all the doubtful Charlie’s,doom mongerers,and naysayers…

It has to be said,it’s the same every season….

THE top teams,like ourselves have to stand up

& when it counts deliver that top performance,

that shows your doubting fans,they are wrong.

We have done that,but some just keep wanting more…

We are on a record breaking run,they want more..

Enzo has picked up on every mistake & improved

for the next phase..strange everytime we go up a notch

the clubs-we face and beat are always shit according to them..

Our eyes should look at one thing…

Player 46..won-xx..draw-xx Lost-xx

The xx get us to the hights,that leave no questions…for this season

The next season is for that future unknown challenge.

• Like 1

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Anyone else just not stressing about this game at all, regardless of result? 

I know what you mean in terms of promotion in the league .

But the Result is important in that it lifts moral keeps confidence high and more importantly puts a bigger gap between us if we win it.

It's not the deciding game of the season but it is one of them as we have to be getting results against our nearest rivals.

Very tough match! Leeds on fire in 2024. Lots of quality players. Ellen road under the lights.. hostile atmosphere.  Would take a point to keep the nine point gap between us & leeds.  Leeds will deffo come out the traps with lots of energy & intensity & will be very direct aggressive etc.  we’ll still play enzo ball & play our football.  2-1 lestah.. Mavididi brace 🦊 🤞

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It's not the deciding game of the season but it is one of them as we have to be getting results against our nearest rivals.

We don't have to. That's the beauty of being a good bit ahead. Leeds have to get a result against us - (a) to have even the slightest chance of catching us and (b) because they're in a neck and neck battle with Southampton and Ipswich and need every point they can get. But even if we lose we're still well ahead and finishing top is totally in our own hands.

Obvs it'd be better to win though!

• Like 3

Shame we are losing Ndidi again against Leeds. I think Winks, KDH and Ndidi would boss the midfield leading to a comfortable win against them. Now I'm not so confident.

We need to get tour press working again to win this similar to the press in the Southampton match.

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's natural to be a little fearful and concerned but some of the shit I've read the last few days is astonishing. How on earth can some of these beliefs have been formed this season?  We've won 25 out of 33 games. Some of us are broken as a fan base, there's no hope.

Another reason I wanted Rodgers out quite a long time before it happened is that it fully immerses you in this mindset. Rationally we will win this league still, but Rodgers' era truly could make the unthinkable happen and not in a good way.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Can't remember us ever winning a game that Pawson has refereed. He really does seem to have it in for us. He's also the sort to bottle it in front of a raucous home crowd by giving them a soft pen. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/craig-pawson/bilanz/schiedsrichter/2289

Interestingly he's refereed us more than any other team.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/craig-pawson/bilanzdetail/schiedsrichter/2289/saison_id/0/heim_gast//verein_id/1003/wettbewerb_id//funktion/1/plus/1

lol seems like not far off all of our wins with him as referee came behind closed doors!

Edited by Dan LCFC