Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

6 hours ago, KFS said:

Do you lot ever get tired of the constant big games every season as an lcfc fan lol 

Remember how big it was of a game at their place last season?

fvcking tiring 

I quite like caring again after the misery of Rodgers' last 18 months to be honest, even if our record is still bugging me a bit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I keep reading Leeds has an amazing home record. 

They have 40 points from home games, we have 40 points from home games :frusty:

Exactly…. They do have an amazing home record…. What’s your point?  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree with you by the way but even the Rodgers era has left us out of kilter. The 2020/21 season for example we beat every one of the big 6 at least once each and won the FA Cup. Yet we'd already got an unpalatable ability to roll over and shit it and we then saw the demise.

It's so difficult to shake that, very much like it's difficult at 1-0 up or in tight games with 20 to go, not panic like mad when we're trying to play out from the back despite that being exactly what we're strong at.

We need a big result on Friday and/or at home to Southampton. We have demons to lay to rest, we are owed it. 

Preach. When was the last time we won a major game with something resting on it ? FA Cup final ? Perhaps PSV ?Damn right we are due one. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Preach. When was the last time we won a major game with something resting on it ? FA Cup final ? Perhaps PSV ?Damn right we are due one. 

There's arguably been a few others since then but it's slim pickings. This season its difficult to judge as very few games have had any jeopardy riding on them, but Friday is right up there under Maresca and it will go along way towards shedding any doubt that we are meek under him.

When was the last time we won a big game that mattered? Last few years haunt me.. forest away x 2, Cov away this season, Everton at home last season and I’m sure there are more. When was the last big win that really mattered to us fans? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

When was the last time we won a big game that mattered? Last few years haunt me.. forest away x 2, Cov away this season, Everton at home last season and I’m sure there are more. When was the last big win that really mattered to us fans? 

West Ham at home was pretty big, but sadly we needed another result to go our way and arguably the reason the pressure was off.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

West Brom away, Cov home this season, all huge games really if we are counting the Leeds game

Lets not forget our FA Cup win as well

17 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

Bournemouth in our relegation season was another couple of pathetic results.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

West Brom away, Cov home this season, all huge games really if we are counting the Leeds game

Agreed. Southampton away was also a big win in an very key game at the start of the season

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Due to how early in the season cov H and West Brom game not a crucial stage of the season I don’t count them as up there. Agree with FA cup final that’s probably the last one and also PSV. 

11 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Agreed. Southampton away was also a big win in an very key game at the start of the season

Burnley away in our last Championship late in the season under Pearson was a great win with Woods I think Scoring.

• Like 2

Seems some are beginning to see the enormity of this game. If we lose yes we are still 6pts above them, but the psychological damage it ‘might’ do could see us unravel. Some have said they’ve seen us fight in some games. I can’t say as I really have - not really grit our teeth and dig in. 

Leeds will come at us hard, press us and keep hounding us for most of the 90mins. I think technically we are the better team. I think we have, on balance, the better players. We really should give them a good game, but I think we will crumble. Just a feeling, nothing more really. I like being wrong anyway. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not just this game but it's their next few games after it compared to ours. If they beat us they genuinely could win 13 on the bounce. While our March is probably our hardest month of the season.

I just feel like 13 in a row is too many though. This is feeling a little like one of those situations where lots points to a Leeds win so that it doesn't happen.

We'd won 9 in a row going into the loss at home to them, they've won 8 in a row going into this.

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's not just this game but it's their next few games after it compared to ours. If they beat us they genuinely could win 13 on the bounce. While our March is probably our hardest month of the season.

I just feel like 13 in a row is too many though. This is feeling a little like one of those situations where lots points to a Leeds win so that it doesn't happen.

We'd won 9 in a row going into the loss at home to them, they've won 8 in a row going into this.

Ding dong draw I reckon. 2-2

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ding dong draw I reckon. 2-2

It would keep them at bay,its that awkward compromise, for both sides.

It keeps 2nd place as a  see-saw situation and for us Leeds out of harms way.

Though both side will grab bragging rights,if it’s them that equalise.

From Leeds side it let’s the other 2 get a jump on them…

Only Enzo’s team though can say job done…now catch us if you can..

Leicester has nothing to prove, just next game,next step,without worrying

whats behind them..

Its a nice and juicy scenarios ..is our last game the deflation of what Enzo has achieved

or will  be the next step up within our system challenges,

so far Enzo and  system has picked up the glove on every new challenge and advanced.

BUT neither does a defeat become defining…

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

Every game ****ing matters 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Burnley away in our last Championship late in the season under Pearson was a great win with Woods I think Scoring.

I want to say he scored twice (2-0)? Remember one of them being a belter from a way out. Definitely a statement win in the same circumstances as this game.

• Like 1

On 20/02/2024 at 10:51, Kasey Keller said:

The sky lovin’ will make it out as though there’s only one team playing.

Sky will be wanting a Leeds win here and you know it…..

That’s understandable from a neutral’s perspective, the title race will be all but over in their eyes if we win. There’s been plenty of times we’ve been the media darling over the last decade.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I want to say he scored twice (2-0)? Remember one of them being a belter from a way out. Definitely a statement win in the same circumstances as this game.

Fairly sure Nuge got the first in that one, but as you say, Wood’s was an excellent strike on the half volley! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Fairly sure Nuge got the first in that one, but as you say, Wood’s was an excellent strike on the half volley! 

Yes I think you’re right 👍. Didn’t look it up, but remembered that goal!