Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

35 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Need big performances from our wingers as that is where we can take advantage of Leeds. If we get another Middlesborough performance from those two then it's difficult to see how we'll score. 

Middlesbrough sat deep and set out to deny us space and hit us on the counterattack. Leeds will seek to lay siege to our goal. There will be more space for our wingers tomorrow.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

When was the last time we won a big game that mattered? Last few years haunt me.. forest away x 2, Cov away this season, Everton at home last season and I’m sure there are more. When was the last big win that really mattered to us fans? 

dont forget the 2 ipswich games this season

where we bottled it in the dying moments, pretty sure a few more also

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

I reckon a 2 - 1 loss

hope I am wrong but after borough they are gonna come after us big time

vardy needs to start

Why does he need to start? 

He's better off the bench that starting from the off as he simply can't press as Cannon and Daka do for the length of time 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

When was the last time we won a big game that mattered? Last few years haunt me.. forest away x 2, Cov away this season, Everton at home last season and I’m sure there are more. When was the last big win that really mattered to us fans? 

If Cov away counts as a big game, surely Cov at home does too!

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

No we didn't. Two deflected long range shots got Ipswich a point, not us bottling it.

I agree to a certain extent but the equaliser for Ipswich at our place was always coming. We didn't take our chances, sat back, lost control of the match and became nervy.

20 hours ago, Simonb said:

Until we lost to Middlesbrough, our home form was the same as Leeds for points and gd, they had just scored 2 more.

We have by far the better away form, we've only taken 2 points less from away games this season than they have at home. It's not a write off.

Given the defeatist mood of an apparently big part of the fanbase, we may be just as well off playing this one at Elland Road.

Playing well enough to control the game and gain a point is all we need, and might be enough to dampen the mood there.

Whereas at home it might activate the boobirds?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Need big performances from our wingers as that is where we can take advantage of Leeds. If we get another Middlesborough performance from those two then it's difficult to see how we'll score. 

While I know what you mean, we did miss four really good chances v Middlesbrough - perhaps converting them is how we'll score!

6 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I agree to a certain extent but the equaliser for Ipswich at our place was always coming. We didn't take our chances, sat back, lost control of the match and became nervy.

This is fair. The away game on Boxing Day, I think we did a good job and genuinely got undone by a really lucky double deflected goal after we should have had a clear pen on KDH. Yes they come into the game and pushed us back but we were away at the team in second place so you wouldn’t expect to dominate for 90+ minutes. They didn’t really trouble us at all.

As you say, the home game in January, we were excellent first half and had a number of good chances and Ipswich looked completely out their depth. It was almost like we just had the stuffing knocked out of us and unconsciously accepted the second goal wasn’t going to happen and let them into the game. The goal itself was again lucky the way it fell but more ‘you make your own luck’ not jammy f***ers luck. 

I’m not sure why people can’t accept that. Bottling might be a strong word to use for it but we definitely wobbled in that game anyway.  

31 minutes ago, BertFill said:

While I know what you mean, we did miss four really good chances v Middlesbrough - perhaps converting them is how we'll score!

It does seem like people have blinkered vision. Fatawu's not got the most Big Chances Created by accident. If we could finish then the wingers would look even better, and that goes for Stephy too because off the top of my head I can think of two sitters he's given to Vardy which haven't amounted to anything.

• Like 1

Appointments made for Friday's fixture.

The match officials for Leeds United’s Sky Bet Championship clash with Leicester City have been confirmed, with Craig Pawson set to take charge.

After earning valuable experience as an assistant, Pawson was handed his EFL refereeing debut in League Two in 2008, overseeing the curtain raiser between Grimsby Town and Rochdale. In that first campaign, Pawson would go on to officiate 23 times across the EFL and FA Cup.

In his career, the Sheffield-born official has taken charge of the 2021/22 FA Cup final, the 2016/17 EFL Cup final, as well as a League Two Play-Off final and two Community Shields.

The 44-year-old has overseen 20 fixtures this campaign, across the Premier League, FA Cup, EFL Cup and European competitions. In the Europa League, Pawson has been involved in clashes between Panathinaikos and Villarreal, Qarabag FK and Bayer Leverkusen, and Ajax and AEK Athens.

Last season's home defeat to Liverpool was the 11th time Pawson has taken charge of the Whites, winning three and drawing three of those matches. In 41 fixtures involved with Leicester, the Foxes have won 13, drawn eight and lost 20.

Last time out, Pawson was on Europa Conference League duties in Belgium, showing six yellow cards and a red as Union Saint-Gilloise drew 2-2 with German side Eintracht Frankfurt.

13 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Bless him, cannot catch a break the poor lad. One to be integrated next season hopefully! Or a loan if we've got enough options.

Fully expected. Ive said many times before we wont be seeing him this season. Look at anyone who has ever had an ACL injury the first 6 months is basically set backs.

• Like 3