Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

Hadn't actually paid much attention to the teams Leeds have played on this 'incredible run' - They haven't played a good team since West Brom in December (which they lost) Perhaps Norwich? But even that was a 1-0. I'm seeing a lot of 2/3-0 predictions on their forum.  

No doubt they are capable of turning up against us, but we definitely shouldn't be considering ourselves underdogs here. 

Edited by Nobbyburton
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

I don't know why I'm getting a feeling we should be starting Vardy and Nacho.... not reasoning behind it, just a gutt feeling!

Personally wouldn't have nacho in the squad.. looked disinterested before the afcon. Vardy to start, daka and cannon on the bench is enough.

• Sad 1

All the pressure is on them, at home, big crowd etc. We win, 12 points clear, draw 10 points clear. If they have aspirations of winning this league, they need a win. Even then we’re 6 points clear of them. All this “free hit” rubbish on their forums is laughable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

Although it’s hard to argue against playing our game, i can’t help but think a counter attacking set up would benefit us in this situation, same as Southampton away 

IMG_2140.jpeg

I think to an extent that happens naturally more than being strictly a plan. A game of football evolves gradually from the first whistle, it's fluid, back and forth. 

If they put pressure on and get control of the ball in our half then we become a counter attacking team. If they pass the ball around in their own half then we become a high pressing team. If they drop off and wait and invite us on then we become a possession based team. 

We have our patterns of play and our shape and a desire to score goals and be in control but you respond to what happens in the moment. I don't think the plan was any different for Southampton away as it was for Rotherham at home. Things just unfold a little different because of the opponent.

Thats not to say we don't do preparation and research for each team we play but I think if you were to ask Maresca, even privately off the record, he'd say that ultimately we've done more or less the same thing in every game this year even if it hasn't necessarily looked like it on the pitch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Costello said:

All the pressure is on them, at home, big crowd etc. We win, 12 points clear, draw 10 points clear. If they have aspirations of winning this league, they need a win. Even then we’re 6 points clear of them. All this “free hit” rubbish on their forums is laughable.

If we get the first goal frustrate them and keep it solid at the back we will win but if they score first they could hammer us. We aren't good at chasing games due to our slower possession based style.  

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmm him and the players need to back this up with a result. Don't like quotes like this unless we do the business, unnecessary.

But it is a bigger game for them than it is for us, he's right. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmm him and the players need to back this up with a result. Don't like quotes like this unless we do the business, unnecessary.

I assume it’s an attempt to increase the pressure on them and reduce on us from the outside 

We’ve no idea if he’s giving the players this message or if he’s told them it’s ‘life or death’. 

Just now, binic16 said:

Bloody brilliant, love this manager what a difference to that clown bodgers

It’s good to have a manager that’s good at mind games. Not like the wet tw*t, who kept praising the opposition!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I assume it’s an attempt to increase the pressure on them and reduce on us from the outside 

We’ve no idea if he’s giving the players this message or if he’s told them it’s ‘life or death’. 

Of course, but he needn't make it easier for Farke to do his team talk. I actually think the Leeds love in from everyone in the build up to this game plays more in to our favour than theirs in pressure and possible complacency, we don't need to create any outside noise ourselves.

He's never ever tried to do that before, if that's the angle he wants to go down, absolutely fine but he better make sure our players thrive in such scenarios and not struggle.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Come on Ric, he's being the bollocks. First time I've wanted Enzo as my Dad after that comment 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3