Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

I see what your manager is doing... but it is just another game for us too tbh.

It's worth 3 points, same as the one before and the one after. Winning the league? 🤷‍♂️

Getting promotion is what matters and to that end every game between now and the end of the season is important.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Come on Ric, he's being the bollocks. First time I've wanted Enzo as my Dad after that comment 

No problem with it if we back it up. Maybe this is the start of doing so in jeopardy games. There seems to be a running theme this week, noticed Fatawu and a few others posting on social media about having no fear etc.

Go out and show it, this is the game for heroes. We are on the verge of success and how we perform and handle this next month or so will tell us everything.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

No problem with it if we back it up. Maybe this is the start of doing so in jeopardy games. There seems to be a running theme this week, noticed Fatawu and a few others posting on social media about having no fear etc.

Go out and show it, this is the game for heroes. We are on the verge of success and how we perform and handle this next month or so will tell us everything.

I am just as questioning as you on the bottle / stomach debate.

But about time we stopped the poor Leicester act and was more assured in ourselves. I'd rather have this type of talk than the waffle from KDH and Hamza post Cov. 

• Like 2

It annoys me that some regard letting in late goals to Ipswich as 'bottling' it. It's just lazy cliché. 

Sometimes, this stuff happens. When you win 25/33 games, you're NOT bottlers. 

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, LboroLeeds said:

It's worth 3 points, same as the one before and the one after. Winning the league? 🤷‍♂️

Getting promotion is what matters and to that end every game between now and the end of the season is important.

It's a cup final for you tomorrow, admit it :D

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, LboroLeeds said:

It's a big game no doubt, and both teams want to win it, but he is right in what he is saying, you can't afford to lose, a draw or win is a great result for Leicester, but a win is a must for Leeds, if you want  to remain 2nd.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Always bothers me when players say stuff like that. Some maybe call a player previously who said something along the lines lines of, pressure is for other people. Hmmm. Let’s see. 

His comment about it being just another game for us was bog standard Maresca. He’s said more or less the same thing before every game we’ve played this season. He’s constantly emphasising that each game is worth the same amount of points and is therefore only as important as the next one, etc etc. It’s just a standard football manager cliche. 

So has there been such a massive overreaction this time?! 

I was expecting that thread on reddit to wild outrage, has anyone that's even commenting on that reddit thread actually read it? lol

Seems to be vast majority of people saying something along the lines of "yeah that's what managers say"

Guest glasgowfox

What Enzo said replicates what I posted at the start of the week....no I didn't tell him what to say :rolleyes: this game is massive to Leeds and puts pressure on them...even if we loose we are 6 points ahead...some people need to chill 

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Leeds have won the last 8 in the league and only conceded 1 goal in that run, which is impressive.

To put the difficulty of those fixtures in perspective though, we've played those 8 teams 12 times in total this season and won all 12.

That’s a lovely piece of information. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

What Enzo said replicates what I posted at the start of the week....no I didn't tell him what to say :rolleyes: this game is massive to Leeds and puts pressure on them...even if we loose we are 6 points ahead...some people need to chill 

12 points ahead would be sweet.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hmmmmm him and the players need to back this up with a result. Don't like quotes like this unless we do the business, unnecessary.

After 4 years of Brendan’s:

”it’s a wonderful club”

”it’s a privilege”

”my dick (all 2 inches of it) gets hard thinking of them.”

The first time we got a manager with bollocks he had to go HARD! You got to love it

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

His comment about it being just another game for us was bog standard Maresca. He’s said more or less the same thing before every game we’ve played this season. He’s constantly emphasising that each game is worth the same amount of points and is therefore only as important as the next one, etc etc. It’s just a standard football manager cliche. 

So has there been such a massive overreaction this time?! 

To be fair he has emphasised its importance for Leeds a bit more than he normally would for any other match, but I think the overall perception is one of positivity, its nice to have a manager who speaks plain old common sense and has added an air of calm to the hype for the match.

• Like 2