Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

10 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Sorry not buying this. You only have to see any thread across any platform relating to the Championship and they are full of Leeds fans making everything about Leeds. Your fans genuinely think you are levels above anyone else in this league and it’s killing most of you that you’ve been behind us all season. If you win, you can guarantee all we will see is how much better you are and you’re the best team in the league etc etc so of course it’s a bigger game for you because as well as the 3 points, you need that ego stroking.

From our side of things, it’s nothing to do with who we are playing. Southampton, Leeds, Ipswich or even if it was Hull or someone else. We just want the 3 points to keep our gap and get closer to the end goal, it’s not about egos or trying to make everyone think we are a huge club. If anything, we have the tendency to put ourselves down and undersell our achievements.

Can't speak for other Leeds fans, that was just my take on the game.

I don't care who wins the league tbh, promotion is the goal.

For sure there's plenty of Leeds fans who go on about being a big club, I'm old enough to know that just ends up with egg on the face!

Edited by LboroLeeds
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

I don't know why people think Leeds are all that.  Will put my head on  the block but honestly think we will destroy Leeds and end their campaign 

7 hours ago, VictorFox said:

I actually think we’ll beat them comfortably 

More confidence than me but I like it!

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm too Leicester in my DNA to be anything other than resigned to defeat tonight. I just have this deep rooted mentality that 'good things don't happen to us' 

....we've won league, fa cup, charity shield, 2 league cups and 5 promotions in my lifetime....and the players don't share my DNA nor loser mentality. Yet still, 'good things don't happen to us' is hardwired. 

I thought it was just me , opposition corners and free kicks in our half are equivalent in my psyche to conceding a penalty , they’re bound to score 🤣

• Haha 2

It’s going to be an emotional charged game, that’s for sure. Leeds will come out the blocks fired up!! So we’ve just got to be prepared to weather that storm, not concede, and then start to have the confidence to get on the ball and look for the spaces behind their midfield and defence. 

Mavididi and Fatawu need to be on it, they’re the ones going to get the space to cause damage. 

I’ve been thinking about why I’m so concerned about Leeds, and I think for me, it’s the fact that at times I’m games we can be caught in possession in dangerous areas of the pitch. Normally we get away with it due to the lack of quality in the league, which shouldn’t be dismissed, because there really is a significant lack of quality at times. My fear for Friday is we get caught early and end up conceding an early goal, the first half an hour is going to be pivotal. 

People ask why some of us are so nervy, because excluding maths, the title is more or less ours. I also think a win would be a major confidence boost and then and we will probably just steam roll the rest of the season. Lose, and I worry it could have the opposite impact.

I just want us to win, go out there and prove we are the best, and not be our own worst enemy and allow the occasion to get to us.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s going to be an emotional charged game, that’s for sure. Leeds will come out the blocks fired up!! So we’ve just got to be prepared to weather that storm, not concede, and then start to have the confidence to get on the ball and look for the spaces behind their midfield and defence. 

Mavididi and Fatawu need to be on it, they’re the ones going to get the space to cause damage. 

I’ve been thinking about why I’m so concerned about Leeds, and I think for me, it’s the fact that at times I’m games we can be caught in possession in dangerous areas of the pitch. Normally we get away with it due to the lack of quality in the league, which shouldn’t be dismissed, because there really is a significant lack of quality at times. My fear for Friday is we get caught early and end up conceding an early goal, the first half an hour is going to be pivotal. 

People ask why some of us are so nervy, because excluding maths, the title is more or less ours. I also think a win would be a major confidence boost and then and we will probably just steam roll the rest of the season. Lose, and I worry it could have the opposite impact.

I just want us to win, go out there and prove we are the best, and not be our own worst enemy and allow the occasion to get to us.  

I don’t know why but my take from this post is what day are you currently on? lol

Trying to view this solely with optimism.

If we lose, still 6 points clear.

If we win, game over for anyone catching us in my opinion (Plus the meltdown from the Leeds fans will be hilarious)

58 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Beat them and we're champions, lose and we're relegated - draw and Rudkin gets ten years added to his contract.

The stakes couldn't be higher. In my life I can't remember such a high pressure fixture. Have you ever seen an online forum literally self-combust? Log on tonight and you'll see nothing but fire on the screen as a hundred thousand members self-immolate. And I'm not even joking or anything.

Me? I'm going for a tedious 0-0 where both sides look like they couldn't give a fvck about football.

The stakes couldn't be higher...for you 

👀