Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

10 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I just want us to show up. Will be fuming if we put in a meek performance with KDH anonymous, wingers doing nothing and no service to the striker. 

A loss/bad performance shouldn't be expected but it's totally not out of the question. 

I think the fanbase needs to recognise that the next 5 fixtures could be our hardest run of the season - could be something like 1 win in 5 with losses to Leeds and Southampton (but obviously I'd back us to do better). By the end of it, the table could look tighter than it ever has, but then we can kick on again in the final 8 games. 

We'll only invite pressure on ourselves if everyone panics. 

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Social media. Enzo don’t give a flyer about all that. He’s being confident in his own team. 

I know he doesn't care - but the players might and the fans certainly do. If we win it will look like  masterclass, if we lose it will be clipped up with Bamford cupping his ears with MOT in the background. 

54 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Very interested to see who will be the other 8.

Leeds bullied the midfield earlier in the season with their physicality. Ndidi is such a huge loss.

Would like to see McAteer there again for his work rate and aggression, as long as he can keep it under control. No silliness from him or Abdul tonight please! 

I'd probably go:

Mads 

Ricky, Faes, Vestergaard, Doyle 

McAteer, Winks, KDH 

Fatawu, Daka, Mavididi 

Appreciate Vardy is on a run and people want to see him play but I think we need Daka's pace and stamina on the press from the off for this. 

Definitely don't want to see Dennis Praet anywhere near the starting line up, although now I've said that he'll probably play and be motm. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Would like to see McAteer there again for his work rate and aggression, as long as he can keep it under control. No silliness from him or Abdul tonight please! 

I'd probably go:

Mads 

McAteer, Winks, KDH 

Fatawu, Daka, Mavididi 

Appreciate Vardy is on a run and people want to see him play but I think we need Daka's pace and stamina on the press from the off for this. 

Definitely don't want to see Dennis Praet anywhere near the starting line up, although now I've said that he'll probably play and be motm. 

Agreed with everything you've said till the Praet point.

Agree that I think we'll do better Kasey on to deal with the physical battle initially. But Praet as the game goes on and his quality (should he turn up) could really turn the game in our favour 

56 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Really?  I thought you were the man who knew things. You really think Enzo is likely to change his tactics?

Haha there's been a few occasions he's done something distinctly different to the methodical death by passing football.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Mcateer hasn’t been good enough since his injury. We don’t need passengers in games like this. 

I agree, total anonymous passenger and wasn't too much better before. I'd prefer Akgun to Mcateer or Praet because at least he gets stuck in and contributes. Praet may be neat and tidy at times but you wouldn't want him next to you in a battle. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd probably go:

Mads 

McAteer, Winks, KDH 

Fatawu, Daka, Mavididi 

I just don't see those qualities in Mcateer. He may look busy but is rarely where the ball is and contributes little for me. 

Just now, suffolk fox said:

Physical? Mcateer?  Please, he would fall over in a wind.  If its physicality you need in midfield has to be Hamza.  Though, with Pawson reffing and a biased home sup[port one mistimed challenge and it would be a red all day long.

Physicality isn't solely putting in big tackles. 

Kasey in the 8 role is much bigger presence than Praet/Yunus, yes he isn't as technically as good but will do the running and hard yards in a game that will likely be hectic. 

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd probably go:

Mads 

McAteer, Winks, KDH 

Fatawu, Daka, Mavididi 

Reckon we'll need justin for the pace of their wingers

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Physicality isn't solely putting in big tackles. 

Kasey in the 8 role is much bigger presence than Praet/Yunus, yes he isn't as technically as good but will do the running and hard yards in a game that will likely be hectic. 

Hamza for physicality is a good point though, we do need to stand tall tonight.