Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

Mads

Ricardo Faes Vestergaard Justin

Hamza Winks

Fatawu         KDH               Mavididi

Vardy

Need a DM in this one or will be overran. 2 relatively quick full backs to deal with their pace on the wings

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

Hamza for physicality is a good point though, we do need to stand tall tonight.

Personally don't think he is the one for today. His positioning further up the pitch or his ability to provide attacking support isn't there. 

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Mads

Hamza Winks

Vardy

Need a DM in this one or will be overran. 2 relatively quick full backs to deal with their pace on the wings

Exact line up I'd go with tbh.

Just hope we get at least a point, if not to boost our chance of going up, but just to shut their ridiculous fans up.

Getting bored of hearing about their home form, taken the same amount of points as us and 9 points behind in the table.

Since the turn of the year they've been by far the best in the league, won all their games, conceded once and scored about 25... yes that's impressive and if they win tonight I'd expect them to go on and win the league. But we haven't played yet, we're good away from home and there's a reason why we're top after almost 3/4 of the season and they aren't so let's see.

For me, I'd like to see us try and stifle the game. Really frustrate them, get their fans on their backs.. old school mourinho sh1thouse. One things for sure  we have to be clinical with our own chances..  that's the main reason we lost against boro.

Just hope we don't concede early, because then it could be a loooong, embarrassing evening

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There is exactly 0% chance Maresca changes the shape just for this. 

It's the exact line up I'd go with too, but you're 100% right change the shape 

I'd personally keep the shape but with Hamza in the 8... I'd happily lose the attacking threat for that defensive press he could offer further up the field to stop their pivot playing 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There is exactly 0% chance Maresca changes the shape just for this. 

He won't change the shape, but he may tweak the tactics. He may, for example, decide that attempting to play through Leeds' press as if they were Rotherham or Stoke might be too risky and adopt a slightly different approach. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

16 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Mads

Hamza Winks

Vardy

Hamza + Pawson ref+ Leeds baying = playing for 65 minutes with 10 men. Holding out until ref adds enough minutes until Leeds score.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

The shape is interchangable, Ricardo pushing into midfield attackwise and then having 3 at the back as usual

I just don't think he'll do that. 

I don't think there's room in the starting 11 for Hamza without changing the shape. 

Hamza isn't good enough on the ball to play the 8 role, it would scupper our attack and we're going to need to be excellent in the final third. 

But Hamza also isn't good enough on the ball to beat their press which would make him a liability in Ricardo's normal role. Yes, Ricky is good enough to play the 8, in fact he's pretty handy there. But he's been playing alongside Winks for most of the season because he's absolutely vital to helping us out pass an effective press. 

Leeds are the best pressing side in the league bar none. It's essential that Vestergaard, Hermansen, Ricardo and Winks all play in their usual positions and have a good game or we won't win. Simple. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Hamza + Pawson ref+ Leeds baying = playing for 65 minutes with 10 men. Holding out until ref adds enough minutes until Leeds score.

Hoping for once we get a ref that bottles it in our favour... but they won't at Elland Road.

Even at home we get them against us, ie boro 

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I just dont see us getting anything in this. Im hoping maybe we can sneak a draw, id take that right now!

Snap. But it's about time we went into a game as underdogs, expecting nothing and get something to be fair. Could do with a dodgy decision going our way or a Leeds player losing their head for a red

If we lose this, forget testing ourselves against Bournemouth.. just stick the u23s out 

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

Hamza always seems to attract these sort of comments, no doubt due to his combative style of play. However, it's a bit lazy, repetitive and without reason. Have you checked how many red cards he's had in his career let alone at Leicester? Have you even checked his yellow card tally compared to other Leicester players? 

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

May as well as Maresca doesn't want us to counter attack

why do people persist with this nonsense? We still counter attack but it's not a primary strategy, not least becaust it's a thing that is game state dependant (you can't counter against teams that won't leave their own defensive third)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1