Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

8 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Looking forward to the game, I just hope Craig Pawson doesn't spoil it.

Of course he will this massive **** hates us, was hoping he retired. I cant remember him having once decent game for us. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Hamza always seems to attract these sort of comments, no doubt due to his combative style of play. However, it's a bit lazy, repetitive and without reason. Have you checked how many red cards he's had in his career let alone at Leicester? Have you even checked his yellow card tally compared to other Leicester players? 

Interesting point this and I was of the impression that he was probably averaging a yellow every other game as it does feel like he gets booked a lot. Having looked at his stats the last couple of seasons though; at Watford where it felt like he was booked every game, he got 14 yellows in 36 league games (in 3040 minutes played) averaging a yellow once in just under every 2.5 games - this season he's had 2 in in 24 appearances (820 minutes played) meaning one every 4.5 games on average. 

• Like 1

Big if, but if we win tonight, I'd say we are as good as up. A draw is a decent result for us as well. Even a defeat wouldn't be the end of the world but we do still have some tough games left, so avoiding defeat here is definitely preferable 

• Like 1

Just want this 1 out of the way (along with midweek) and next Saturday roll around nice and quick.

Can't see us getting anything here. Not through playing badly, but at Elland Road against an inform Leeds I'd rather just get it done and move on. Unfortunately, the Leeds fans will be insufferable. So the sooner the QPR match comes around the better.

I think we'll be fine whatever the result tonight, but the reactionary football world will have us nailed as 4th if we lose tonight.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Came across a few of their fans on YT and I'm absolutely gagging to smash them tonight. I really don't like Leeds. 

They have the entitlement and superiority complex of Liverpool, but without the trophies and history to back it up.

We've both won the same amount of major trophies (5).

I've been feeling very positive about this match all week. Now I am absolutely shitting it. It has the potential to ruin what was otherwise going to be a perfectly decent weekend. I'm still looking forward to it.

• Haha 1

Looking forward to tonight as I’m sure our squad is. This is what it is about. Big games and rising to the challenge of managing your nerves and performance levels. A great test. They are going to be dented if we beat them, which we are more than capable of doing. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Why all the anxiety around Pawson being ref? There are a lot of other refs I'd rather it not be than him.

The only other ones I'd rather not have (at this level) are Keith Stroud and Gavin Ward. He's in the top 3 of the very worst of the Prem refswith Kavanagh and that plonker Darren England.

Bring back Roger Milford!

• Like 1

Remember them in the premier league when we playing well under rogers. It was Bielsa ball at its finest - darlings of the media world with their gung-Ho leg it to the max style?

well we just let them do their thing stole the ball and sucker punched. Made them look like headless chickens. We destroyed them at the end! I’m hoping we do the same tonite. COYF! :scarf:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Bring back Roger Milford

Didn't give offside away at Portsmouth play off semi! 

Tbf, it was utter confusion as either Oldfield or the Big O (I forget which)  deflected the ball goalwards in a fashion that even Ipswich would struggle to recreate

• Like 1