Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

14 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Someone sent off tonight I reckon, probably one of ours when the ref lets the crowd get on top of him

We'll be able to tell early doors   

First challenge a yellow for us no doubt 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Interesting point this and I was of the impression that he was probably averaging a yellow every other game as it does feel like he gets booked a lot. Having looked at his stats the last couple of seasons though; at Watford where it felt like he was booked every game, he got 14 yellows in 36 league games (in 3040 minutes played) averaging a yellow once in just under every 2.5 games - this season he's had 2 in in 24 appearances (820 minutes played) meaning one every 4.5 games on average. 

It seems to be getting easier to get a yellow card now. Look at the collection that Vestergaard and Winks have got but I wouldn't consider either of them a dirty player.

Some on here understandably moan when we don't appear aggressive enough, yet in the next breath, when we play a more combative player like Choudhury there are moans. Whilst Choudhury is that way, neither would I describe him as dirty either and there's always room, imo, for someone to play that way. He may make mistakes but I don't think he's ever let us down by being over aggressive or losing his head? 

• Like 1

Living rent free in their heads.. the amount of garbage being spat from their fans about how superior they are is ridiculous 

Yes, if they win tonight I expect them to go on to win the league.. but it's the championship.. comparing their form to the top teams in Europe is embarrassing 

I hope we smash them, but I can't see it happening..  Home crowd, ref will be with them, cup final for them like it was for cov.

Will need a bit of lucky tonight.. An Ipswich style deflection, blatant red or pen the ref can't ignore etc plus all 11 starters being on their A game. 

Just hope if we do lose, we're outclassed and we don't have any debatable decisions to blame 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It seems to be getting easier to get a yellow card now. Look at the collection that Vestergaard and Winks have got but I wouldn't consider either of them a dirty player.

Some on here understandably moan when we don't appear aggressive enough, yet in the next breath, when we play a more combative player like Choudhury there are moans. Whilst Choudhury is that way, neither would I describe him as dirty either and there's always room, imo, for someone to play that way. He may make mistakes but I don't think he's ever let us down by being over aggressive or losing his head? 

I'd love him to play, stop them having time on the ball, and if still level, absolutely clatter one of their front 4 just before we sub him off 

• Like 1

Leeds fans are giving it large on social media. Apparently the best team in the league, best squad in the league. Table doesn't lie. I would argue we have a better depth then they do. 

I really hope we beat them, tune down their arrogance a bit. As others have said, a Vardy winner would be a great finish.

But I just can't see it, I'd take a draw. 

Quite worried for their attack and how relentless they can be. Think our defence will be in for a long night. 

Also got the feeling we'll be on the end of an absolute stinker of a refereeing decision. A red card or penalty decision that most definitely is neither. 

Hope we can silence the crowd early on. With a goal or some early pressure. Have to be way more clinical and less wasteful as I don't think the chances will be as frequent as they are compared to other opposition. 

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Leeds fans are giving it large on social media. Apparently the best team in the league, best squad in the league. Table doesn't lie. I would argue we have a better depth then they do. 

I really hope we beat them, tune down their arrogance a bit. As others have said, a Vardy winner would be a great finish.

But I just can't see it, I'd take a draw. 

It's amazing what an eight-game winning run against largely poor opposition can do for your confidence. If they completely rip us apart tonight as their fans are predicting, then fair enough - they will be entitled to give it large. I just get the feeling they're massively underestimating us and are in for a much tougher game than they're expecting.

22 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Living rent free in their heads.. the amount of garbage being spat from their fans about how superior they are is ridiculous 

Yes, if they win tonight I expect them to go on to win the league.. but it's the championship.. comparing their form to the top teams in Europe is embarrassing 

I hope we smash them, but I can't see it happening..  Home crowd, ref will be with them, cup final for them like it was for cov.

Will need a bit of lucky tonight.. An Ipswich style deflection, blatant red or pen the ref can't ignore etc plus all 11 starters being on their A game. 

Just hope if we do lose, we're outclassed and we don't have any debatable decisions to blame 

This is the key, if we are on our A game then we are winning this, big ask but definitely possible

Telling myself I'd have taken being 6 points clear at the start of March when the season started (should we lose)

I'm just not convinced by tonight purely based on us bottling it over recent years, which is probably unfair on Enzo and how far we've come under him in a short space of time, but it's just hard to switch off.

• Like 1

It pisses me off when they send Premier League refs down to the Champ.

These are refs who have had natural decision making tuned out of them for the last few years, they're reliant on being able to make mistakes that are corrected.

That's why there's so often howlers when they come down a level!

• Like 3

The pressure is definitely on Leeds. 

we can afford to lose and still gain promotion whereas if they lose it could massively hurt them.

They will be bang up for it (naturally) however it is easy to get carried away and I’m hoping we keep cool heads and prevail.

I would still persist with Daka from the start with Vardy to replace him on the hour or so 

Please win this game against Leeds….for me this is a female faes against a male Leeds….if Leeds wins what am I gonna have to hear… can anyone tell me if and how I can watch this game in Belgium please 🙏🙏

6 minutes ago, Lee Monty said:
7 minutes ago, Eurofox said:

None if you have any sense 😕

That’s helpful

He's probably not wrong though. Leeds is generally best avoided full stop, never mind pubs in Leeds, never mind pubs in Leeds on match days!

Just give Leeds a wide berth is always good advice.

Just now, BertFill said:

He's probably not wrong though. Leeds is generally best avoided full stop, never mind pubs in Leeds, never mind pubs in Leeds on match days!

@Lee Monty don’t bother going to the game either while you’re at it lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BertFill said:

i'm going on a pub crawl there solo a few weeks from now