Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

I think we’ll sh*thouse a 1-0 win. Today was a clever tactic to lull them into a false sense of security. 

Of course, I know we’re up against the greatest side in Championship History (TM) so it’ll be a blah blah blah god their fans are insufferable. The media too. 

I hate Leeds

6 minutes ago, RearsbyFox said:

One small consolation is out away form is better than our home form. I think we've only behind for about half an hour in total from 16 games ( Cov and Boro)  

They’ve not lost at home all season have they? 

If your Leeds you just go hell for leather. We will crumble and likely end up 3-0 down after half an hour. This will be the first game we get truly battered in my opinion. 

Leeds V Southampton could be a godsend on that final day. 

Guest glasgowfox
10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They’ve not lost at home all season have they? 

If your Leeds you just go hell for leather. We will crumble and likely end up 3-0 down after half an hour. This will be the first game we get truly battered in my opinion. 

Leeds V Southampton could be a godsend on that final day. 

Have a word with yourself.  We are not top of the league and won so many games that we are suddenly shite.....ffs

Fascinating matchup.  Leeds in superb form (8 wins in a row for the first time in 92 years, 7 clean sheets among them) and we may be a little stale from being so far ahead for so long.  A draw would very clearly suit us fine, but both in terms of 2nd and potentially even considering a run at us Leeds has to have three points.  Will we be pragmatic and try to see out a draw, go in angry after losing yesterday, struggle on wavering confidence?  Lot of unknowns here, but if Leeds wins the title race is absolutely on the table.

4 minutes ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Sorry to add I can’t see past us absolutely shitting Our selves pre Rodgers type performance, a fired up Elland  road 3.1 loss!! That’s. The spirit!! Ok 4.0 home win

Our fanbase has been severely damaged by Rodgers. I just wish he'd **** off out of our heads. (yes me too - he damaged me)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Our fanbase has been severely damaged by Rodgers. I just wish he'd **** off out of our heads. (yes me too - he damaged me)

Mentally damaged/scared  yes, I’m hope I’m wrong I just can’t see past a Leeds dominated performance 

4 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Wow, top of the league, on course for a record points tally and the comments in here think we are nailed on for defeat. As a supporter base, sometimes I am astounded by the way we think.

Yes they are a good team, but we shouldn’t be going into any game this season thinking we are second best. We are by almost every metric the best team in this league and should fear no one.

It’s simple and like every other game this season, if we turn up and play to our best we win.

Yep it shows how fickle the fanbase are …one little tremour

and we are no longer entertained and the walls but crumble around us…

What we only over many  and just a few weeks ago  posted, 

now falls upon that stoney ground of despair..

we enter the disgraced and sorrowing garden of Gethsemane

and the gods have turned their mobile phones off

so are now deaf to our calls of pain & disbelief.

Is there not one current that forges belief or trickle of hope

along and over the stones and troughs of the  waterfalls tears  of grief..

Are we now doomed to drown in our own petty arrogance of not able to

carry our sword that swaves off those small skirmishes of doubt..

Oh Enzo is your flock so weak to follow those many weeks

of esteem & earnt pride by letting them be lost

within the  waves of the  first simple swaths of probing challenges…

Are there still enough of  we believers that can carry the word & prayers,

on the back with the burnt feathers of the phoenix and arise

out of the mist to lift those others of weakened  hearts of despair….

chapters 33 ,paragraph 26 dead-soar scrolls 5..verses 13.:ill:

• Haha 1

We'll be up against a side fully motivated as they will see a chance to catch us. They haven't lost in 8 (I think) and hardly conceded recently. I'll take a draw this one, but with their pace and being ruthless, it'll be tough. This game has worried me for weeks, and I knew it'll be a major test for the team. Yesterday has put the pressure on. If we had won, then we still had a cushion and could take some confidence into the game. Now we have to see how we bounce back. I would think to start Vards, just for his passion and aggression. 

Not a great time for us to play Leeds really. 

Edited by fox_favourite

6 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

We'll be up against a side fully motivated as they will see a chance to catch us. They haven't lost in 8 (I think) and hardly conceded recently. I'll take a draw this one, but with their pace and being ruthless, it'll be tough. This game has worried me for weeks, and I knew it'll be a major test for the team. Yesterday has put the pressure on. If we had won, then we still had a cushion and could take some confidence into the game. Now we have to see how we bounce back. I would think to start Vards, just for his passion and aggression. 

OTOH, losing this week may give us a bit more of a sense of urgency, maybe an irritation-fueled edge that had been a little lacking.  More pressure than any game for a long while, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  If nothing else, it'll be a telling indicator of how this side responds to pressure.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

It's a great time for us to play Leeds. We'll see what we are made of. We are top for a reason. Let's show them why.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Have a word with yourself.  We are not top of the league and won so many games that we are suddenly shite.....ffs

Its not about suddenly being shite, we have always been shite against better teams in this league and we always lose, going behind we always lose. 

What makes you think that we will beat a team that has already beaten us once this season, not lost at home this season, conceded ONE goal all year and in all fairness is the best team in this league.

Think someone else said it on this thread but if we lose this which i believe we will and heavily the title will go to leeds.

Can you really imagine side show bob, vesty and jj against their forward line.

Edited by m4DD0gg

Looking at all of the forwards we have, I'd go for Vardy at the moment. Which is worrying considering  he's 37 !!

Daka just hasn't got any ability but is fast. Cannons got the ability but is too slow. Nacho has the ability but is up and down like a yo-yo. They'll be coming at like hungry wolves, Vards on the break will do.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

I’m not saying we’re shite, we’re soft. 

We don’t do well with aggressive football, which is exactly what Leeds will do. They had us fairly comfortably at our place and we’re going to their gaff where they haven’t lost all season.

Being top of the league is an easy argument to throw at those who doubt, but for me the evidence is on the pitch. We’ve won a lot of games without being convincing. We’re better than 90% of the league, and when we come up against poor teams we tend to win. (Boro aside for some bizarre reason)…. 

It’s not a criticism, this team is still carrying scars from last season, Enzo has done a remarkable job, a better job than some think, but… there have been warning signs at stages that this team is capable of wobbling, this defeat will be a huge psychological blow, and as I’ve said pound for pound over 90 minutes at home, Leeds will just have far too much for us to cope with. What we need to do, is just hope that we can muster enough points to keep them and Southampton at arms length. Thanks to our good start we’ve got a cushion, but we’ve got some really tough games coming up next month that will test our metal, the question remains can we deal with it? 

• Like 2

Some pep talks from Vardy and Albrighton in the lead-up to this on what it takes to perform under pressure and achieve your ultimate goal would not go amiss.

Edited by Hammo