Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

We've been fantastic all season, would have won the Boro match 5-2 if we could finish on the day yet everyone on here is convinced we're getting hammered.

Not sure what's wrong with our fanbase. We must have the most negative support in the country.

• Like 4

Guest ChrisWalken456

I think we’ll turn up and shock them with a 1-4 win. We need to show why we’ve been top all season.

They are in great form and have been hammering teams. Just hope we defend better than yesterday or it could get ugly. Many on here seem very confident we'll beat them. They haven't lost a game at home this season and have just won 8 in a row. I'd take a draw, which would definitely suit us more than them. They have to win. A draw is fine for us. 

• Like 1

Other than that counter attacking masterpiece vs Southampton away we’ve really struggled to beat the top 6…. I think we should set up kinda how Middlesbrough did yesterday and try to cream them on the counter, we’ve got the personnel for it 

7 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Other than that counter attacking masterpiece vs Southampton away we’ve really struggled to beat the top 6…. I think we should set up kinda how Middlesbrough did yesterday and try to cream them on the counter, we’ve got the personnel for it 

Thing is, if we did this, I’d be more confident. However, we know how we will play, so will Leeds…. Which is all well and good when you’re Man City, but we aren’t. I just fear we will walk straight into Leeds arms wide open, and they will just pick us off with ease. It’s a real test, if we win, I’ll be stunned and happily say we will comfortably finish top, lose, and the door opens a bit more for Leeds and Southampton.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Thing is, if we did this, I’d be more confident. However, we know how we will play, so will Leeds…. Which is all well and good when you’re Man City, but we aren’t. I just fear we will walk straight into Leeds arms wide open, and they will just pick us off with ease. It’s a real test, if we win, I’ll be stunned and happily say we will comfortably finish top, lose, and the door opens a bit more for Leeds and Southampton.

I do think Enzo has Kompany vibes….. plan A is the only way regardless of opposition 

3 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

I do think Enzo has Kompany vibes….. plan A is the only way regardless of opposition 

I think he’s better than Kompany. 

There is only one way of playing, and theoretically over the course of a whole season it will win you more than you loser usually because the lesser teams won’t have the answers to the questions being asked of the style. But, as Man City find from time to time, get it wrong, and you can get battered.

It just means that you won’t change, regardless, and the thing with Leeds is they’ve got so much pace and power upfront, that it will cause us a lot of problems. How often has our defence actually been tested? Not really all that much, there’s no doubt that with the pace Leeds have, they will cause us no end of problems. 

But this is where like you suggest, the manager needs to think, he needs to out think Farke, not try to out play. 

They've really sorted out their defence on this run, only conceding 1 goal is really impressive and we've now conceded as many goals as they have this season.

Edited by Number 6

14 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

Would everyone kick off if we did a Dean Smith vs Newcastle last season and play for a 0-0? I’d take it but wonder what could have been had we gone for it… with 5 subs you can change it in game 

What in the last 30 odd games gives you the impression an Enzo side can play for a 0-0? lol 

Couldn’t get a ticket to this one would love to have gone but I’ll be watching at the pub with a mate who’s a Leeds fan, just need to sort out our finishing at times against borough could have been 5 or 6 but not for the finishing hoping the lads are sharp Friday do us proud and beat these buggers !!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Izzy said:

I won’t be able to cope with the bed wetters on here if we lose this and still only have a six point lead at the top :rolleyes:

I imagine sales in Leicestershire will boom over the course of the week. 

IMG_5218.jpeg

• Haha 1