Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

It’s going to be tough, hopefully we can quiet down their crowd with an early goal. I would take a draw, cannot afford to lose this game.

If there's one thing our style does, it sucks the life out of the home crowd. We are far better away than at home as a result. 

I thought the opening 45 mins away at similarly high octane Ipswich, Cov crowds were masterclasses. Obviously the second 45s didn't go to plan. 

Guest glasgowfox
2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Its not about suddenly being shite, we have always been shite against better teams in this league and we always lose, going behind we always lose. 

What makes you think that we will beat a team that has already beaten us once this season, not lost at home this season, conceded ONE goal all year and in all fairness is the best team in this league.

Think someone else said it on this thread but if we lose this which i believe we will and heavily the title will go to leeds.

Can you really imagine side show bob, vesty and jj against their forward line.

Are the best team in the league not usually top 🤔

Watched them against Plymouth and they weren't on top form, Plymouth defending was awful.

We play better away from home too as we'll expect Leeds to come at us from the off. 

I could see a similar style counter attack moves like we did against Bham.

Both teams to score easy.

13 minutes ago, Detritus said:

I'm a Leeds fan, been haunting your forum for years, and I will say now I think you are slightly the better team and the league position shows that, you are not top for nothing. 

The reason I joined was this thread, it's fascinating for a few reasons. 

1. It's always nice to see the opposition in a bit of fear. 

2. I'm not one of the deluded Leeds fans but a football fan and love talking about or reading about the game, doing so with a group of your own fans is going teach you nothing apart from how good/bad you were in your last match. 

3. Some of the score predictions are shall we say odd! Have you lost by 3 or 4 this season? Or even looked like it?

4. You are not Ipswich, don't get me wrong they like you and both us and Southampton have been mostly excellent this season, anyone out of those 4 clubs in anyother season would be top by miles (and coasting) but we relegated 3 are the big bullies and little plucky Ipswich is standing up for the little guy showing them evil big boys what for. Rubbish they are a multimillion pound football club not an Oliver Twist type character begging for scraps. 

I hope you do go up this year along with us and Southampton. But as for this game it could be 4-0 us or 0-4 you but a cagey 2-2 or an odd goal win by either side is probably closer to the mark. 

I didn't come to insult, belittle or piss anyone off so good luck with the season other than Friday. 

Thanks matey. Personally I think man for man we are better..and this comment sounds a bit bizarre, but our system holds us back in games where we need to just fight. And we might need that (and needed it yesterday) But,  the system has got us to where we are by brushing aside poor teams with absolutely minimal effort. So, you pays your money you takes your choice..

I do wonder though if your more basic system might be undone on Friday. If we ride the storm, we could take you apart on the break. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Now you've had chance to calm down, can we be friends?

🤣🤣🤣😁yeah why not...its good to show some passion, if we all just shrug our shoulders at a loss then we may as well give up.

👍🏾👍🏾

I PRAY WE BEAT THESE CVNTS...I HATE THEM!!!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Detritus said:

I'm a Leeds fan, been haunting your forum for years, and I will say now I think you are slightly the better team and the league position shows that, you are not top for nothing. 

2. I'm not one of the deluded Leeds fans but a football fan and love talking about or reading about the game, doing so with a group of your own fans is going teach you nothing apart from how good/bad you were in your last match. 

3. Some of the score predictions are shall we say odd! Have you lost by 3 or 4 this season? Or even looked like it?

4. You are not Ipswich, don't get me wrong they like you and both us and Southampton have been mostly excellent this season, anyone out of those 4 clubs in anyother season would be top by miles (and coasting) but we relegated 3 are the big bullies and little plucky Ipswich is standing up for the little guy showing them evil big boys what for. Rubbish they are a multimillion pound football club not an Oliver Twist type character begging for scraps. 

I hope you do go up this year along with us and Southampton. But as for this game it could be 4-0 us or 0-4 you but a cagey 2-2 or an odd goal win by either side is probably closer to the mark. 

I didn't come to insult, belittle or piss anyone off so good luck with the season other than Friday. 

It’s your pace and power that concerns me. We struggled when Ipswich pressed us, and you’ll likely do it better. 

No we haven’t lost badly this season, but the majority of the league is fairly poor.

We managed to remain consistent when you have had dips in form, but now you’re bang on form, confident, at home and will be well up for this. I just think you’ll want it more than us, and will want to prove a point in doing so. There’s still an element of softness about us, that may come back to bite us.

• Like 2

Wasn’t it last season as Leeds when the club gave out free scarves?, same game where there was a decent atmosphere, scarves waving and ended 1-1.. be loud and proud this Friday.. a draw wouldn’t be a nightmare result.. 

Nothing silly in the first 30 mins from us keep the ball and frustrate them any early goal for them will get their packs buzzing . A few injuries for them in training this week would be nice 😂 maybe play Ricardo in praets place and put Doyle in switch Justin over to the right. And play cannon instead of daka. Would defo take a draw here but if we can nick a win confidence will be sky high for the run in 

51 minutes ago, Detritus said:

That's a well-balanced post. :thumbup:

How do you feel about your club's owners?

Thought your previous one, Massimo, was corrupt to the core.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

That's a well-balanced post. :thumbup:

How do you feel about your club's owners?

Thought your previous one, Massimo, was corrupt to the core.

He was, Rads wasn't yes it went a bit sour but he did get us Bielsa and that was fun, I don't care how it ended but for 3 years we were different we had something. It made my hobby fun and isn't that what life is about?

The 49ers well they know how to run a successful sports team and more importantly sadly they have money. 

And thank you. 

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

At the end of the season yeah. 

Such positivity....obviously a glass half full person :dunno:  All this fekin doom and gloom rips my nitting....look at it another way....if we win at Leeds then Leeds will be closer to us by 2 points in over 3 and a half months....hardly hunting us down....

5 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Such positivity....obviously a glass half full person :dunno:  All this fekin doom and gloom rips my nitting....look at it another way....if we win at Leeds then Leeds will be closer to us by 2 points in over 3 and a half months....hardly hunting us down....

Glass half full? Not at all. The best team is top at the end of the season. Fact. If we’re top then we are the best.

I can see frailties in our side and our tactics - others don’t. That’s fair enough. Definitely think we come away from Leeds with zero points. They’re not going to let us play and we will crumble again under the pressure. 

Guest glasgowfox
10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Glass half full? Not at all. The best team is top at the end of the season. Fact. If we’re top then we are the best.

I can see frailties in our side and our tactics - others don’t. That’s fair enough. Definitely think we come away from Leeds with zero points. They’re not going to let us play and we will crumble again under the pressure. 

You sound like the type of person who will be disappointed if we win.  Every team has its frailties so I don't understand your point tbh.  I will leave you to enjoy the rest of your glass :scarf:

4 hours ago, marcymarc666 said:

Looking at all of the forwards we have, I'd go for Vardy at the moment. Which is worrying considering  he's 37 !!

Daka just hasn't got any ability but is fast. Cannons got the ability but is too slow. Nacho has the ability but is up and down like a yo-yo. They'll be coming at like hungry wolves, Vards on the break will do.

One of the reasons Vardy was effective last game in my opinion is because he was a late sub.  Didnt need to last 90 mins.

Daka was effective for us for a while but seems to have dropped off, maybe losing Ndidi in the team had an impact with him.

So for me its Cannon/Vardy, but dont know who out of the two should start, probably Cannon, as Vardy is likely to be more effective end of games now I think.

Outside of the strikers KDH and Mavididi are our biggest goal threats, but KDH isnt being allowed to shoot now unless he is clear one on one, also feel Mavididi perhaps has been told the same as well.

Edited by Chrysalis

4 hours ago, trooky said:

We've been fantastic all season, would have won the Boro match 5-2 if we could finish on the day yet everyone on here is convinced we're getting hammered.

Not sure what's wrong with our fanbase. We must have the most negative support in the country.

I dont remember us having 4 missed clear cut chances, 2 so 3-2.

But football very rarely has a team scoring every chance they have, if it was normal then matches would be finishing in double digits many games.  Boro also had their own missed chances.

The game I watched, Boro played with quality in first half to get their 2-0 lead, and sat back in the second able to absorb enough attacks to win out 2-1.

18 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

You sound like the type of person who will be disappointed if we win.  Every team has its frailties so I don't understand your point tbh.  I will leave you to enjoy the rest of your glass :scarf:

This bolded bit is one if not the most nonsensical things I see on here.

We are all Leicester fans and want us to win, fact. Some people are more cautious. Some people may convince themselves of the worst outcome to soften the blow of a disappointment and some people are negative by nature. But to suggest people want us to lose is just silly and that’s putting it politely!

Guest glasgowfox
10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

This bolded bit is one if not the most nonsensical things I see on here.

We are all Leicester fans and want us to win, fact. Some people are more cautious. Some people may convince themselves of the worst outcome to soften the blow of a disappointment and some people are negative by nature. But to suggest people want us to lose is just silly and that’s putting it politely!

Your very naive.  Lots of so called fans were hoping Leicester would lose on many occasions last season and hiding under the umbrella of "I only want Leicester to lose so rodgers will get the sack" .  I was not one of them but you either have a very poor memory or a selective one!  So, and I quote "But to suggest people want us to lose is just silly and that’s putting it politely!"  Is actually a lot more silly than what I wrote.....opinion!

Edited by glasgowfox
Spelling

I'd start Albrighton over Fatawu and Vardy over Daka and Mcateer for Praet for this one the rest as it was.

Mads

Ricardo Faes Vesty Justin

Albrighton Winks KDH Madivi

Mcateer

Vardy 

Edited by whoareyaaa

2 hours ago, Detritus said:

Honestly..

I think Leeds will win quite comfortably.

2 or 3-0.

Will get shot down in flames for being negative, but we look tired and vulnerable especially in midfield.  No physical presence without Ndidi and KDH looks spent.

Our lead at the top will be whittled away slowly but surely over the next few weeks IMO...

Whether we can stay in that top 2 with Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich continuing their current form remains to be seen.

Hope I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Your very naive.  Lots of so called fans were hoping Leicester would lose on many occasions last season and hiding under the umbrella of "I only want Leicester to lose so rodgers will get the sack" .  I was not one of them but you either have a very poor memory or a selective one!  So, and I quote "But to suggest people want us to lose is just silly and that’s putting it politely!"  Is actually a lot more silly than what I wrote.....opinion!

I remember people saying that with Rodgers but that’s a different case to you suggesting people wanting us to lose this season so they can just moan essentially.

I also never actively wanted us to lose last season but the people saying that, if they even genuinely meant it, clearly that was a ‘for the greater good’ situation. I.e if a defeat could have guaranteed Rodgers departure it would have been worth it than allowing the decline over a longer period of time. 

So ok, when there’s a situation like a toxic manager in charge, I accept there will be people who may feel that way due to how they see the bigger picture. Regarding this season, I can’t see it and stand by that.

24 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont remember us having 4 missed clear cut chances, 2 so 3-2.

But football very rarely has a team scoring every chance they have, if it was normal then matches would be finishing in double digits many games.  Boro also had their own missed chances.

The game I watched, Boro played with quality in first half to get their 2-0 lead, and sat back in the second able to absorb enough attacks to win out 2-1.

No we scored 1 of 24 chances