Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Honestly..

I think Leeds will win quite comfortably.

2 or 3-0.

Will get shot down in flames for being negative, but we look tired and vulnerable especially in midfield.  No physical presence without Ndidi and KDH looks spent.

Our lead at the top will be whittled away slowly but surely over the next few weeks IMO...

Whether we can stay in that top 2 with Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich continuing their current form remains to be seen.

Hope I'm wrong.

This definitely won't be shot down for being negative, you sound really positive.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Detritus said:

I'm a Leeds fan, been haunting your forum for years, and I will say now I think you are slightly the better team and the league position shows that, you are not top for nothing. 

The reason I joined was this thread, it's fascinating for a few reasons. 

1. It's always nice to see the opposition in a bit of fear. 

2. I'm not one of the deluded Leeds fans but a football fan and love talking about or reading about the game, doing so with a group of your own fans is going teach you nothing apart from how good/bad you were in your last match. 

3. Some of the score predictions are shall we say odd! Have you lost by 3 or 4 this season? Or even looked like it?

4. You are not Ipswich, don't get me wrong they like you and both us and Southampton have been mostly excellent this season, anyone out of those 4 clubs in anyother season would be top by miles (and coasting) but we relegated 3 are the big bullies and little plucky Ipswich is standing up for the little guy showing them evil big boys what for. Rubbish they are a multimillion pound football club not an Oliver Twist type character begging for scraps. 

I hope you do go up this year along with us and Southampton. But as for this game it could be 4-0 us or 0-4 you but a cagey 2-2 or an odd goal win by either side is probably closer to the mark. 

I didn't come to insult, belittle or piss anyone off so good luck with the season other than Friday. 

Cheers, mate. Very balanced post. Leeds definitely come into this in better form than us and our defeat yesterday will ensure that your players and fans are even more up for this, I suspect. This is the first time this season where there is a real sense of jeopardy for us, which is causing a sense of unease, even panic for some, on here. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I remember people saying that with Rodgers but that’s a different case to you suggesting people wanting us to lose this season so they can just moan essentially.

I also never actively wanted us to lose last season but the people saying that, if they even genuinely meant it, clearly that was a ‘for the greater good’ situation. I.e if a defeat could have guaranteed Rodgers departure it would have been worth it than allowing the decline over a longer period of time. 

So ok, when there’s a situation like a toxic manager in charge, I accept there will be people who may feel that way due to how they see the bigger picture. Regarding this season, I can’t see it and stand by that.

I am not picking a fight but for you to state that I am silly and Leicester fans would never want us to lose and I was being nonsensical is a bit insulting.  For you then to accept that it happened with rodgers but that is different case does not make sense.  

7 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

I am not picking a fight but for you to state that I am silly and Leicester fans would never want us to lose and I was being nonsensical is a bit insulting.  For you then to accept that it happened with rodgers but that is different case does not make sense.  

Not intending to be insulting but it irks me when people are accused of not wanting us to win because they are not necessarily always happy with things or have a negative observation, hence why in my initial response to you I suggested numerous reasons why people react differently. 

I was replying in the context of this season. I do find the notion that people could not want us to win for the sole purpose of having a moan nonsensical. Maybe that does make me naive.

You then brought up the situation with Rodgers which is fair enough albeit seems a bit like changing the goalposts but I responded to that point honestly but saying I hadn’t thought about that as it wasn’t the context in which I was replying to you.

But I do think it’s a different scenario. For someone to not want us to win, in a season we are doing so well just to moan about stuff would be poor form and reflect more of them no? I agree with that.

As I say, with the Rodgers situation, it was people hoping it’d force the change for the good of the team. I never said it myself as I didn’t have faith in Top to make the change.

But honestly, if it was possible to guarantee stuff in the future, and you were told, let’s say before that Palace game, if we lose, Rodgers will go, a new manager will come in during the international break and we will definitely stay up. Or you can have a last minute equaliser, Rodgers will stay until it’s too late and we will go down. What would you have thought then? 

5 hours ago, trooky said:

We've been fantastic all season, would have won the Boro match 5-2 if we could finish on the day yet everyone on here is convinced we're getting hammered.

Not sure what's wrong with our fanbase. We must have the most negative support in the country.

I know imagine fans being annoyed getting beat at home, and missing all those chances / sitters, the players should be putting those chances away, one or two misses acceptable but 3 or 4 makes you feel negative.

Guest glasgowfox
1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not intending to be insulting but it irks me when people are accused of not wanting us to win because they are not necessarily always happy with things or have a negative observation, hence why in my initial response to you I suggested numerous reasons why people react differently. 

I was replying in the context of this season. I do find the notion that people could not want us to win for the sole purpose of having a moan nonsensical. Maybe that does make me naive.

You then brought up the situation with Rodgers which is fair enough albeit seems a bit like changing the goalposts but I responded to that point honestly but saying I hadn’t thought about that as it wasn’t the context in which I was replying to you.

But I do think it’s a different scenario. For someone to not want us to win, in a season we are doing so well just to moan about stuff would be poor form and reflect more of them no? I agree with that.

As I say, with the Rodgers situation, it was people hoping it’d force the change for the good of the team. I never said it myself as I didn’t have faith in Top to make the change.

But honestly, if it was possible to guarantee stuff in the future, and you were told, let’s say before that Palace game, if we lose, Rodgers will go, a new manager will come in during the international break and we will definitely stay up. Or you can have a last minute equaliser, Rodgers will stay until it’s too late and we will go down. What would you have thought then? 

I wanted Rodgers out as soon as he gave ward far too many games but to answer your question....I never have or will want Leicester to lose for any reason.....well maybe if it meant Leeds would get relegated lol.  I think we all get overtaken by passion at times so that can cause misunderstanding.  However, i still stand by what i wrote as it is my thoughts and this is a forum.

32 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Cheers, mate. Very balanced post. Leeds definitely come into this in better form than us and our defeat yesterday will ensure that your players and fans are even more up for this, I suspect. This is the first time this season where there is a real sense of jeopardy for us, which is causing a sense of unease, even panic for some, on here. 

I guess and looking back know how it feels to be x amount of points clear and see it slowly get cut, knowing there is nothing you can personally do. Southampton worry me and the last game of the season, I wouldn't want to have to win to get promoted, plus I can see whoever misses out on automatic blowing the playoffs through disappointment or a collapse in confidence because of missing out. 

7 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

I wanted Rodgers out as soon as he gave ward far too many games but to answer your question....I never have or will want Leicester to lose for any reason.....well maybe if it meant Leeds would get relegated lol.  I think we all get overtaken by passion at times so that can cause misunderstanding.  However, i still stand by what i wrote as it is my thoughts and this is a forum.

I think we probably have the same view on things but is a misunderstanding. I’m seriously overusing the word context but I’m looking more in terms of people wanting the best for the club. If you could guarantee one defeat could create a greater good situation that is the difference between relegation, I’d think nearly all fans would, grudgingly, take that deal!

But yeah, it’s the notion of people wanting us to not win for the sole purpose of being able to moan that I find nonsensical. If they are out there and I’m being naive, then we would probably agree that those people need to get in the bin!

We should be confident ahead of every game. 

Selection issues for me at LB, CM and ST. Could make arguments for JJ or Doyle, Praet, Mcateer or Akgun and Daka, Vardy or Cannon.

Whoever is selected, we need to get a foothold early and try to quieten the crowd. Need to be patient on the ball and ruthless when opportunities come up.

I’m looking forward to it, should be a good game 

Guest glasgowfox
4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think we probably have the same view on things but is a misunderstanding. I’m seriously overusing the word context but I’m looking more in terms of people wanting the best for the club. If you could guarantee one defeat could create a greater good situation that is the difference between relegation, I’d think nearly all fans would, grudgingly, take that deal!

But yeah, it’s the notion of people wanting us to not win for the sole purpose of being able to moan that I find nonsensical. If they are out there and I’m being naive, then we would probably agree that those people need to get in the bin!

Thanks for the chat mate.

I would start with the same XI who started v Boro. Still feel that is our best available XI and those players have earned the right to make up for yesterday's defeat. Agree that LB, the right 8 position and striker are the 3 question marks. For me JJ has to start over Doyle v Leeds, given his pace. For the right 8 position, I thought Praet was one of the better performers yesterday, so would keep him in. There is a case for Vardy starting but I would still stick with Daka for now. He's a confidence player and wouldn't want to damage that due to him having one quiet game. His pace in behind and pressing will be very important in a game like this, I think. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

No time for pissing around with a thousand passes here. We’ll get punished heavily if we stick to that strategy.

Can Enzo have made it any clearer?  We will stick to his strategy.

16 hours ago, Lionator said:

I think we really need to hype this up as a 'big game' rather than business as usual. Leeds are in a stride at the minute so we need to be attuned to that. Make the game feel different, make them feel uneasy, do what they did to us in November.

This is the game of the season in this league -- and between two giant clubs by its standards.  We should see plenty of hype.

Edited by KingsX

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

This bolded bit is one if not the most nonsensical things I see on here.

We are all Leicester fans and want us to win, fact. Some people are more cautious. Some people may convince themselves of the worst outcome to soften the blow of a disappointment and some people are negative by nature. But to suggest people want us to lose is just silly and that’s putting it politely!

I think some people need to feel better about themselves by virtue signalling. Thats ok too. No worries. 

Been a City fan a long time now and I’ve seen a lot, as have many here. It’s my dislike of losing that makes me grumpy. I fear I will spend most of next season very moody indeed - only with regard to LCFC. Which means, of course, that I think we will get promoted. I just think we have a brittle underbelly and lack the ability to really fight in a game. Will we win the title?  Likely yes in my opinion, but by a few points. 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Honestly..

I think Leeds will win quite comfortably.

2 or 3-0.

Will get shot down in flames for being negative, but we look tired and vulnerable especially in midfield.  No physical presence without Ndidi and KDH looks spent.

Our lead at the top will be whittled away slowly but surely over the next few weeks IMO...

Whether we can stay in that top 2 with Leeds, Southampton and Ipswich continuing their current form remains to be seen.

Hope I'm wrong.

I agree with this. 

To be fair we just need to get this match out of the way, people will sit belly laughing when I say this, but I think you’ve summed our current position up perfectly, we look tired and vulnerable…… and there’s been a lot of talk about us pasting someone, but I think it’s looking more likely we get a pasting in all honesty from one of the better sides in this league. We need to get past this one, and then really regroup to make one final push to keep Leeds and Southampton at arms length and scrapping between themselves.. We’re so close, to let it slip now would be criminal, but none can criticise any of us for being pessimistic, considering we’ve pissed away any good opportunities we’ve had over the last few years, excluding the FA cup. 

A draw would be a cracking result on Friday if we could get one.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I think some people need to feel better about themselves by virtue signalling. Thats ok too. No worries. 

Been a City fan a long time now and I’ve seen a lot, as have many here. It’s my dislike of losing that makes me grumpy. I fear I will spend most of next season very moody indeed - only with regard to LCFC. Which means, of course, that I think we will get promoted. I just think we have a brittle underbelly and lack the ability to really fight in a game. Will we win the title?  Likely yes in my opinion, but by a few points. 

This is fair enough. I think I am perhaps guilty of the bracing for disappointment thing to soften the blow but that is also balanced with sheer experience of being an LCFC supporter! But keeping this with a balanced view, you can still see we are in a strong position as you say. 

As you say, a likely outcome is that we see the job through but that it becomes tighter and isn’t over as quickly as people thought due to the strong form of those behind us. Any other season would be a lot more comfortable!

• Like 1

Got laughed at for backing Praet in pre season, seems that I was wrong 😂 Got to drop him for this, he will get completely bullied by the Leeds midfield, though I am not sure what the solution is to that position, love Akgun but not sure him and KDH against Leeds is a great idea either

5 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Biggest test of the season

Seems that Way atm time to take Dirty Leeds to the sword hoping Enzo has the plan to take these wanna be champions apart, would really be a Schitt if we were to let Dirty BARSTEWARD Leeds to get any closer to us and take the title away from us !!

12 games to go a couple of tough hitters to take on but really hoping the lads are up for the final Run In and go up as Champions as we’ve been on top for so long it would be painful to see either Dirty Leeds or Southborington to pop us to the title !!!

COME ON YOU FOXES TIME TO DIG IN TIME TO REPAY THE FANS TIME TO GO UP AS CHAMPIONS !!

IN ENZO WE TRUST !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, glasgowfox said:

I wanted him out when he put cannon on left wing. Sorry wrong thread👀

Yes, this is a very big game for both teams, but this won’t define where we end up!

We do have other games after Leeds, we need to ensure we are up for them too, it’s those games that will define if we go up automatically or not!

Lets get behind the boys whatever the result on Friday, because they will need us for the other games!

• Like 2

I think Enzo ball is the perfect approach for this game. They are going to come at us gung-ho from the start. Get it right with no silly mistakes, slow the pace, keep moving the ball around and it will start to frustrate them and the crowd and spaces will open up for us to counter.

for this reason I would start Vardy. This game is perfect for him, and despite what some people may think about him being over the hill, defenders still are afraid of him.

Need Winks, Ricardo, KDH to be on top form. If we can dictate the pace of the game we win this. Get sucked into a basketball game and we get beat.

• Like 1