Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Leeds (A) pre match thread

This is where we find out if we have the mettle to be champions.

We've just had one of the most ghastly matches of the season where virtually nothing went right.  If we're made of the right stuff then we put in a performance on Friday, and if we do that regardless of the result it will keep the confidence high for the rest of the season.  Crumble and the cracks will appear.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Have people really decided that Praet was a problem yesterday

If so, I respectfully disagree. 

No. But i'm not going to pretend he was much good either.  He didn't stand out as overly poor because in reality he doesn't really try to do much progressive. Was slow and blowing hard pretty early on, and his fitness is a real concern. He's tidy with the ball and is positionally astute, but not a lot really happens. A few of our better players ended up trying too hard yesterday, and Praet just did what he does so appeared to make less mistakes. 

• Like 3

Didn’t see him do much wrong or right yesterday, much like the rest of the team. It was a meh performance and a meh result. Over it now. Let’s move on and batter dirty Leeds - we won’t, of course, but hope springs eternal. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Didn’t see him do much wrong or right yesterday, much like the rest of the team. It was a meh performance and a meh result. Over it now. Let’s move on and batter dirty Leeds - we won’t, of course, but hope springs eternal. 

Why won't we? 

We're gonna smash them. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

This bolded bit is one if not the most nonsensical things I see on here.

We are all Leicester fans and want us to win, fact. Some people are more cautious. Some people may convince themselves of the worst outcome to soften the blow of a disappointment and some people are negative by nature. But to suggest people want us to lose is just silly and that’s putting it politely!

Be fair, there's a few on here that seem to delight in losing or dropping points because they hate Enzoball and want to say "I told you so"

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Have people really decided that Praet was a problem yesterday? 

100% The problem yesterday was the wingers weren't at it, neither was KDH. Mavadidi 1st half was absolutely garbage. Praet was the least of the issues. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Be fair, there's a few on here that seem to delight in losing or dropping points because they hate Enzoball and want to say "I told you so"

To be fair, I think this is down to the fact the fan base is so divided. More so, those who question anything to do with Enzo, are met with hostility and often aggression. Personally I don’t have an issue with the style etc so haven’t been subjected to this but I read it every day on here.

As such, there does become an element of I told you so I agree but I don’t see it as them wanting us not to win. They may want us to win in a different way but it is more when we don’t win, throwing it back in the faces of those who have been hostile to them more so than actively wanting us to not win.

Thats my observation and how I see it anyway!

I drove right past Elland Road this morning. Despite never having attempted it before, I did my best to put a curse on the place with an evil stare and a dismissive side glance as I wheeled off for my roundabout exit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

I drove right past Elland Road this morning. Despite never having attempted it before, I did my best to put a curse on the place with an evil stare and a dismissive side glance as I wheeled off for my roundabout exit. 

Top work Paddington.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Not intending to be insulting but it irks me when people are accused of not wanting us to win because they are not necessarily always happy with things or have a negative observation, hence why in my initial response to you I suggested numerous reasons why people react differently. 

I was replying in the context of this season. I do find the notion that people could not want us to win for the sole purpose of having a moan nonsensical. Maybe that does make me naive.

You then brought up the situation with Rodgers which is fair enough albeit seems a bit like changing the goalposts but I responded to that point honestly but saying I hadn’t thought about that as it wasn’t the context in which I was replying to you.

But I do think it’s a different scenario. For someone to not want us to win, in a season we are doing so well just to moan about stuff would be poor form and reflect more of them no? I agree with that.

As I say, with the Rodgers situation, it was people hoping it’d force the change for the good of the team. I never said it myself as I didn’t have faith in Top to make the change.

But honestly, if it was possible to guarantee stuff in the future, and you were told, let’s say before that Palace game, if we lose, Rodgers will go, a new manager will come in during the international break and we will definitely stay up. Or you can have a last minute equaliser, Rodgers will stay until it’s too late and we will go down. What would you have thought then? 

But it’s the panic around one , or  2 games…

look by good play and fortune we have built a buffer,that it from 15 pts

with other teams having strong runs,would decrease to 5-8 pts

Which is quite a comfortable position we forged..

We lose to Leeds then it’s still 6 pts, where we would with a good wind

still keep our positive performances running and still on for 109-112 pts.

We might drop to that loss of record 105 pts and still win the league…

• Like 2

Jesus I didn't realise there was a fair chance that we could be only 6 ahead of 3rd this time next week.

We just need to not lose this. I'd love us to win though. We're about due a result in a game like this.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Jesus I didn't realise there was a fair chance that we could be only 6 ahead of 3rd this time next week.

We just need to not lose this. I'd love us to win though. We're about due a result in a game like this.

I still worry about us in big games. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

No. But i'm not going to pretend he was much good either.  He didn't stand out as overly poor because in reality he doesn't really try to do much progressive. Was slow and blowing hard pretty early on, and his fitness is a real concern. He's tidy with the ball and is positionally astute, but not a lot really happens. A few of our better players ended up trying too hard yesterday, and Praet just did what he does so appeared to make less mistakes. 

I think that covers him very well. Hardly a player to cause excitement. As you say, not likely to make many mistakes because he doesn't actually try much.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's worse than that - we could be 6 points ahead of 4th! Ipswich have 2 very winnable home games this week. 

I'm not sure I trust or defence against their attack, it's a scary prospect.

Can't see us taking anything although probably won't be a poor performance.

I, for one, won't be panicking just yet. The 4 fixtures after the QPR game will be huge, though 

Edited by wardyfox86

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Have people really decided that Praet was a problem yesterday? 

I didn't watch, but Pipes on RL was saying how good he thought he played.

Disappointing to see some posters attack him on here for sport.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, ShepshedFox1884 said:

In every game we have lost it has been that we have struggled to score mainly because the space in the middle is restricted so we are always playing it wide and struggle to create chances from there 

Of the 5 games we’ve lost, 3 have been 1-0, and one 2-1.

In both Middlesbrough games and the Hull game, we created more than enough chances to win the game, but just had off days. I don’t think chance creation was a problem - look at Saturday, we had at least 4 clear cut opportunities, on another day we win all three of those games.

The Leeds game was a bit of a stalemate,  their one decent chance fell for them, our one decent chance their keeper pulled off a worldie of a save. - I do think this was the only game where we failed to create anything meaningful.

That will need to be looked at here, but I think if Mavididi and Fatawu are firing then we give them all sorts of problems. I’d go with Daka from the start and Vardy for the last 20.

The biggest problem is who gives us that physical presence in midfield? I’d be tempted to go with Choudhury over Praet for that purpose. It would mean KDH and Winks would need to be on top form though.

• Like 3