Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

LCFC sliding doors moments

Ian Olmondroyd has a bit a cult status, particularly among a certain age group, but tinged with a hint of ridicule with his gangly legs (unfairly!). 

I’ve often wondered if cult status would have been upgraded to legendary if his header at Wembley had gone in and not been parried to Steve Walsh. 

Imagine the first time we win at Wembley and it’s big Ian Olmondroyd who bags the winner… Perhaps one of those LCFC sliding doors moments.

There must be plenty more sliding doors moments when it comes to players and managers, but what sticks in your mind…? 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 4

Sticks!!!!

He did ok for us…. And that was a spectacular save in fairness

A belter of a cross too…. Quite enjoyed that Brian Little era…

So many sliding doors moments…. Do we go up under MON without super stevies shin?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Ian Olmondroyd has a bit a cult status, particularly among a certain age group, but tinged with a hint of ridicule with his gangly legs (unfairly!). 

I’ve often wondered if cult status would have been upgraded to legendary if his header at Wembley had gone in and not been parried to Steve Walsh. 

Imagine the first time we win at Wembley and it’s big Ian Olmondroyd who bags the winner… Perhaps one of those LCFC sliding doors moments.

There must be plenty more sliding doors moments when it comes to players and managers, but what sticks in your mind…? 

Good punnery, and Ormondroyd.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Always wanted to meet Ormondroyd so I could ask him what he was saying to the crowd here. Does anyone know?

5 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Sliding doors moment:  Tom Hopper, James Pearson and the other one run out of phone battery one night in Thailand :ph34r:

Big Wes meets up with Madderz, Hamza and Barnes at Ayoze’s house and … scolds the lads and drives them all home.

We don’t lose to WHU without them and we make Champions League.

Castagne putting it either side of the keeper at the end against Newcastle last season. He'd have had winners against both them and Wolves to keep us up and acheived Cult Hero status.

As it was, put it straight down his throat and now goes down as one of the underperforming shysters responsible for arguably our club's most embarrassing season of all time.

:nigel:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If James Maddison scores that penalty against Everton....

we won that game 3-1, we stayed up by the skin of of our teeth.  Maddison left us for Spurs anyway and was roundly booed at his return, where he was injured after being kicked hard by Dean Smith's star Summer signing, Mason Holgate. 

We are currently on our 3rd manager of the season, Jesse Marsch, sitting level on points with Luton 4th bottom of the Prem and destined for relegation. 

Everton went into Administration after being relegated, were forced into a fire sale and sit 2nd bottom of the Championship above Rotherham.

Last season is full of them in hindsight.

Jesse Marsch signing the contract springs to mind too lol

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I wonder where we'd be if we'd lost at home to Forest in October 2022.

If we go straight back up this season then I'm glad the 4-0 is there forever more than a loss to them in at home. I know what you mean, but I also have zero faith in the board to have even got rid of Brendan then either. 

I just cannot ever stomach losing to them.

• Like 1

When I was in Liverpool I encountered Ormondroyd in a pub with the travelling Bradford away fans when they were playing in the city.

Massive bloke. Nowhere near as spindly as he looked in that era of short shorts. 

8 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Still remember that day, awesome stuff, legendary for our first ever win at Wembley, taking us up at Derby's expense and boy were their fans pissed.

Remember one trying to get off a coach but being held back, wanting to fight everyone in a car park down below us outside Wembley and being laughed at  XD

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

If we go straight back up this season then I'm glad the 4-0 is there forever more than a loss to them in at home. I know what you mean, but I also have zero faith in the board to have even got rid of Brendan then either. 

I just cannot ever stomach losing to them.

There was a fair bit of talk around that game that he was gone if we lost wasn't there? It was in hindsight the worst fixture we could've had.

That run we had in October will forever be bizarre to me. How did we manage a run of 4 wins in 5 games with Ward only letting in 1 goal? Like how did that happen? All just contributes to the perfect storm to relegate us idea. It was like no matter what happened we would revert to being terrible anyway.