Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Riot Van said:

Are you dense? We were unbelievable in the second half and the game should have been out of sight.

This is down to nothing but being unlucky - I don't care what anyone says.

Vestergard, KDH and Ricardo were absolutely phenomenal. If we play like that for the rest of the season we will win the league comfortably.

The finishing was unbelievable, that's for sure. That' not unlucky it was terrible. Football is about the whole game and to say missing absolute sitters is bad luck is just dense in the extreme

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W7Fox said:

Genuinely embarrassed. 

The whole defence always falls into the same crap late in the game , they fall so deep and don’t put enough pressure on the ball carrier. But again crap finishing and that enshrined culture to go back before going forward . 
I also think that not picking up a player or two in the window will come back to bit us , just like it did when we were in the EPL and missed Europe 

1 minute ago, Livid said:

The only thing I can pin on Enzo in hindsight was picking Daka.

We should have been out of sight and they should have been dead on their feet before they equalised. 

The usual retreating into our shell with 15 minutes to go, giving up the momentum and then looking lost. 

This is the reason people leave ten minutes early, not because they want to get to their car but very little good happens to Leicester City past the 80th minute mark. We just try and see games out and tonight it backfired spectacularly. 

Daka was instrumental in our goal and should have had two more.

• Like 4

LOL at some of the hysteria.

I may be in the minority but I am happy with what I saw. Away from home against a noisy bunch in a so called fortress, this was men against boys for 70 mins, 1-0 up and idiot goal ruled out (VAR anyone?), the simplest of one on ones missed and we should have been 3, 4 or even 5-0 up. We should have put them away. They were woeful for 70 mins and we sold quality and agrresion.

However, these prats got lucky. Two lucky deflections and this result is the biggest joke you will see.

Yes there will be hysteria at the result but we need to remain calm. Two losses but loads of chances created and we should have won both games easily. 

Keep calm, we will be OK

• Like 4

How many times have we thrown away matches in the last 10-15 mins? We are just so incredibly soft and need god knows how many chances to score. Pawson was awful but we can only blame ourselves. Its getting a little pathetic with the repetition of mistakes and misses. 

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Some proper bobbins being talked in this thread. 

We absolutely should have buried that. Several guilt-edged chances and Daka not the only guilty party. 

We were superb for large parts of the game so all this hyperbole and comparisons with Brendan Rodgers are ridiculous. Calm the **** down. 

Pleased that we played so well

concerned that we’ve scored 2 from an Xg of about 6 over the past two games 

but fairly relaxed that we made the ‘best team in the division’ look second rate for most of the game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

I know Vestergaard has been great this season but that tonight confirms for me we can't persist with him next season. 

Mistake waiting to happen given the opportunity.

Probably played the best game of his career up to that point mate..

Fully agree he’s nothing more than a Prem squad player though

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 54 Silver Fox said:

IF we get promotion, we have to buy some players with some bottle and bite. We NEED some players who can finish teams off and see a game out.

Mentality is set by the coach. We need to look at Maresca. He needs to tell his players to play football and not be afraid to lose the lead when we are up. 

You can't blame the officiating, we lost that fare and square, our finishing is poor to abysmal, and the collapse in the final 10 mins is now our trade mark against decent opponents, fair play to those who predicted this bottle job performance, because that's what it was in the final third, we will likely go up, but something has to change/ improve, frustrated at this and frustrated with the Boro match our own worst enemy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s frustrating. It’s raw. But I honestly think we will be fine. 

Tonight we completely bossed the in-form team in the league for 80 minutes. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed. We missed mega chances. The latter is on us, but I think my point still stands. Had they rolled over us and won 4-0, I’d be way more worried. 

They got three goals from a mistake, a double deflection and a deflection. It’s a huge stroke of luck, really. Having said that, it is alarming that we always tend to do this. We throw it away. When they scored, I was 100% sure that they’d score again. It seems to happen time and time again, and that’s why I absolutely can see why people think we’re soft and weak.

But in terms of the bigger picture, I just cannot see us bottling this. Not based on how we played for the majority of tonight’s game .

• Like 4

Just now, Claridge said:

The finishing was unbelievable, that's for sure. That' not unlucky it was terrible. Football is about the whole game and to say missing absolute sitters is bad luck is just dense in the extreme

Having perfectly good goals ruled out is pretty unlucky 

• Like 1

Everyone calm the France down - that was a very good performance for 90% - unfortunately for us the big chances fell to mav and daka who can’t hit a barn door - apart from that the team were very good - obviously when you miss those chances they will go up the other end and score and score again and again - I don’t think it’s the end of the world - it will spark us up or it won’t and if it doesn’t we won’t deserve it - this league is crap - every time we play someone decent we stuggle but today I don’t think we did - but you can’t miss those chances in any league - we will be just fine this year 

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Yes, what the hell is he doing? Boro and leeds doing the double over us? We were disappointed with 5th 2 years ago, that’s the standards. We’ve got the best training facility in the world, built for the best players. It’s simply not good enough. This isn’t even the hard bit, getting promoted should be a piece of piss with our quality. 

Go and support someone else. 

2 minutes ago, teblin said:

I also think Leeds run has come too soon.

I don't think so. There is always 1 team that starts slow and then is unstoppable for the second half of the season. They'll be in the top 2 for sure. They were terrible for large parts tonight and yet still won 3-1.