Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Who cares. We'll still be promoted but then what? I've had enough of these refs and it's going to be even worse in the PL. I'm really losing my patience with the sport. 

Same. Although var would've given dakas goal.

Just disgusting we lost that. Sick of watching us throw away constant clear chances. Not even making the keeper save it half the time. It's shocking.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I know Vestergaard has been great this season but that tonight confirms for me we can't persist with him next season. 

Mistake waiting to happen given the opportunity.

Lovely backheel assist for their equaliser though. I thought he was great defensively first half (passing not the best) but he was calamitous when we got deeper.

I've never properly rated Faes and I can't pinpoint why, either. Might be unfair subconscious bias on my part but I never feel comfortable with him.

It's times like this you feel like crying or just giving up.

What can you do when you boss and play considerably better than a team for more or less 80 minutes, stop them playing and create enough chances to score 3 or 4, which wouldn't have flattered us

I went for a walk when the equalizer went in

What happened after that was no surprise at all

I did not want to witness it

Sickened and absolutely devastated

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Analysethis said:

LOL at some of the hysteria.

I may be in the minority but I am happy with what I saw. Away from home against a noisy bunch in a so called fortress, this was men against boys for 70 mins, 1-0 up and idiot goal ruled out (VAR anyone?), the simplest of one on ones missed and we should have been 3, 4 or even 5-0 up. We should have put them away. They were woeful for 70 mins and we sold quality and agrresion.

However, these prats got lucky. Two lucky deflections and this result is the biggest joke you will see.

Yes there will be hysteria at the result but we need to remain calm. Two losses but loads of chances created and we should have won both games easily. 

Keep calm, we will be OK

But loads of chances not put away is a massive problem. And its not a new one but been here for a long time - AND as soon as we are pressured we crumble.... What we saw today is just a repeat of what has happened time and time again this season. Sort it out for goodness sake Maresca!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

If it wasn’t for some poor refereeing and terrible finishing that would have been one of the most comfortable victories of the season. 

Terrible finishing has cost us two weeks in a row. It’s becoming a pattern. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I don't think so. There is always 1 team that starts slow and then is unstoppable for the second half of the season. They'll be in the top 2 for sure. They were terrible for large parts tonight and yet still won 3-1.

Agreed they will take us close no doubt 

Shades of Coventry to be honest in all honesty.

Three of the next four are tricky games and we’ll know better how it looks after that.

They’ll be hurting tonight but I think for large portions of that game, we played some great football. I know Daka and Mavididi missed chances, however so did Leeds in fairness.

The officials though ….. what on earth. 

It wasn’t just the poor yellow with for Ricardo, the disallowed goal was poor and VAR immediately overturns that.I did think it was offside though in real time. It’s the general going through players and fouling. Fatawu got sent off against Cov for less than some of those.

However, we need to dust ourselves up and go again. 

We are still 6 points ahead. This is still in our hands.

A loss like that should frustrate the team.

They’ll see how Leeds have celebrated tonight and hopefully it has the same reaction that Arsenal had in the 15/16 season.

• Like 3

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

It’a really annoying we’ve outplayed Ipswich twice and Leeds once and only got two points from those games after conceding five late goals. All five of them deflected strikes. :blink:

Yes, our fortune has been dumpster level and we're still pissing the league. I'd imagine we would be confirming promotion next week if we had just average luck.

• Like 1