Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

How many times have we thrown away matches in the last 10-15 mins? We are just so incredibly soft and need god knows how many chances to score. Pawson was awful but we can only blame ourselves. Its getting a little pathetic with the repetition of mistakes and misses. 

Apparently we don't it's just bad luck...

• Haha 2

Just now, shen said:

Then Gray's strike would have taken three deflections on it's way to goal. What's your point?

My point is we would have taken more against goal 

Regardless of that, we go again, this league is ****ing horrible but we dig deep and push

I said it earlier we are screwed because our strikers are so poor.  Which in itself is ridiculous because any team in the championship looking at Daka, Cannon, Nacho and Vardy would think we have an embarrassment of richies.  But we absolutely don't.

Nacho has been here for donkeys years and apart from a couple of short purple patches, has don't nothing.

Daka, apart from a purple patch of 90 minutes against Moscow has again, done nothing.

Cannon is inexperienced but so far, hasn't lit the place up.

Vardy is the GOAT, but is also 37 and comes with the baggage these days that age is associated with. 

We have absolutely no one who can go up top that we can rely on. All of our strikers need three or four chances just to hit the effing target never mind score!

We've been bailed out over and over by goals from elsewhere on the pitch, but that can't last.

Strikers should score goals, ours don't with anywhere near enough regularity.  They are not good enough for this league, so will certainly not be good enough for the one above us.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

But loads of chances not put away is a massive problem. And its not a new one but been here for a long time - AND as soon as we are pressured we crumble.... What we saw today is just a repeat of what has happened time and time again this season. Sort it out for goodness sake Maresca!

You can’t blame Maresca for the finishing?

2 minutes ago, Coalman said:

Once again McAteer brought nothing extra to the team when he came on.....and how many touches did Cannon get?

Mcateer would do well to get a game in a league one side. God knows why Enzo keeps bringing him on.

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Got away with a short back pass and was bailed out. Followed it up with an assist for their striker. 

Ultimately our shortcomings are in both boxes right now. Not taking chances and cockups at the back. 

He's a good passer of the ball, but too many opposition chances come from his mental lapses. 

The second goal came from Abdul not punting it forward. He could have easily got us out of trouble but chose to continue dribbling. Something he did a few times tonight. 

forgive him though as he’s young. 

Just now, kristianity77 said:

I said it earlier we are screwed because our strikers are so poor.  Which in itself is ridiculous because any team in the championship looking at Daka, Cannon, Nacho and Vardy would think we have an embarrassment of richies.  But we absolutely don't.

Nacho has been here for donkeys years and apart from a couple of short purple patches, has don't nothing.

Daka, apart from a purple patch of 90 minutes against Moscow has again, done nothing.

Cannon is inexperienced but so far, hasn't lit the place up.

Vardy is the GOAT, but is also 37 and comes with the baggage these days that age is associated with. 

We have absolutely no one who can go up top that we can rely on. All of our strikers need three or four chances just to hit the effing target never mind score!

We've been bailed out over and over by goals from elsewhere on the pitch, but that can't last.

Strikers should score goals, ours don't with anywhere near enough regularity.  They are not good enough for this league, so will certainly not be good enough for the one above us.

Daka is a good striker, you are evidentially incorrect. Or are you a my eyes trump stats guy?

Majority expected a loss and that’s what happened. 

But pulling it apart. **** me. You can’t say you deserve anything when you miss the chances we do. We had a 20 minute spell where we should have twisted the knife and finished them off. 

The saddest bit about it? Could see it coming after the missed chances. Deja ****ing vu time after time after time after time and I’m sick to the back ****ing teeth of it. If you’re losing by a goal going in to the last 10 against us you lick your ****ing lips. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

It's times like this you feel like crying or just giving up.

What can you do when you boss and play considerably better than a team for more or less 80 minutes, stop them playing and create enough chances to score 3 or 4, which wouldn't have flattered us

I went for a walk when the equalizer went in

What happened after that was no surprise at all

I did not want to witness it

Sickened and absolutely devastated

Fully agree.....and we've had to watch it so many times this season, too.  Awful feeling!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

No, standards are shot! This great club is in its lowest depths and people are okay with it? 

When some people accuse UFS of only becoming fans in 15/16 for some bizarre reason, this is what that actually looks like when someone wasn't around before we won the league.

• Like 2

Tell you what - that is unbelievable. Unbelievable. We were totally dominant. How did Daka miss that chance, my Mrs could have f**cking knocked that in. The football we played was great but jesus christ - KILL THE GAME OFF. Missing chance after chance after chance and then completely losing the plot. Fuming isn't the word.

• Like 2

I thought we were the better team. Leeds with flukey deflected goals. We should have been 2 or 3 goals up by then. Yet again a match where we didn't take our chances when on top, it's a broken record this season. We only have ourselves to blame.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

No 

We defend well and we win simples.

Went down hill from the 1st goal McAteer at fault. Litterally contributed nothing in any game he has played post injury.

However he is a valuable player for the opposition 

Did you actually watch the game 

2 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

We’re top of the league you muppet. 

Mind blowing. Anyone watching that must see that we were better than them, just criminally unlucky - and we are still 6 points clear. I don't understand the negativity. (Don't know how to multiquote)

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 2