Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

Vardy starts and a bit of luck on the offside, and we're four up before they score. A real shame that one, especially me coming from, and living in Leeds.

Dust settles and I'll look at the table tomorrow. We're still six clear.

Let's hope Ipswich and Southampton slip up.

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

One of our best performances in decades. We were magnificent. 

Only us can lose like that. I called at at 79mins. 

Brilliant. I love it.

This, absolutely this. You couldn’t watch that half for the first 30/35 minutes and think, damn, we really are superior. 

The collapse was not even on the agenda. 

That isn’t a management issue. Nor a coaching one. That’s weak leaders on the pitch.

Hard one to take that result. 2-0 and the game is over but how many games have we let teams back into it towards the end. The deflected goals conceded this season is ridiculous too - they've all resulted in dropped points - hows your luck hey.

So frustrating again 

Sloppy clearances between the 1st and 2nd conceded goals  and misses from Patson and Stephi aside there wasn’t much wrong from us, with a buoyant crowd and weak ref / linesman reacting to every bit of noise we weren’t ever on a level playing field. 

I hope it’s called out by the gaffer or players tonight, you can’t have a 2-0 goal denied in such a big match and Ricardo’s early booking affected how tight his press could be for the rest of the game. Leeds players sliding on their asses into every challenge not once deemed to be out of control? 

The wider narrative will be we’re collapsing, Leeds are better etc…bull, officials have to be better or we’re all wasting our time energy and money, we might as well pick scores from a hat with the same credibility.

Just please please, with backs against the wall sometimes put it in row Z and reset, these mid hit clearances that come straight back sees the whole structure lose composure and shape,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kristianity77 said:

I said it earlier we are screwed because our strikers are so poor.  Which in itself is ridiculous because any team in the championship looking at Daka, Cannon, Nacho and Vardy would think we have an embarrassment of richies.  But we absolutely don't.

Nacho has been here for donkeys years and apart from a couple of short purple patches, has don't nothing.

Daka, apart from a purple patch of 90 minutes against Moscow has again, done nothing.

Cannon is inexperienced but so far, hasn't lit the place up.

Vardy is the GOAT, but is also 37 and comes with the baggage these days that age is associated with. 

We have absolutely no one who can go up top that we can rely on. All of our strikers need three or four chances just to hit the effing target never mind score!

We've been bailed out over and over by goals from elsewhere on the pitch, but that can't last.

Strikers should score goals, ours don't with anywhere near enough regularity.  They are not good enough for this league, so will certainly not be good enough for the one above us.

Daka has 7 in his last 10, Vardy has 5 in his last 5… it’s not too bad.

Daka missed a good chance tonight, but also produced a great finish that was incorrectly ruled out.

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

They scored 3 goals with an xg than less than 1, I’d imagine it’s rare that’s ever happened. 

Ive re-watched those goals reminds me of the Middlesbrough ones, so many simple mistakes by so many, and mentally we fart and its shit.  Embarrassing.  We gifted Leeds that result, the team cannot handle pressure, just like last season.  Maresca must be fuming.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I know the knee jerk soft lads of foxes talk won’t want to hear this, but the linesman disallowing Daka and two horrific deflections beat us, the best team lost. We dominated Leeds, they were made to look very poor for the majority of that game.

I think after Brendan it’s become a priority for some on here to bash the manager and team over anything else, regardless of anything else. I’m a bit fed up of the place to be honest, it’s all got a bit moany and entitled. 

You're right, but you have to ask yourself why this always seems to happen to us at the moment.

Once or twice is bad luck.

Every game we lose you can say the same thing. We don't take our chances and we crumble under pressure. It bodes really badly for next season when we're not going to have Millwall and Birmingham to dick every other week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Same. Although var would've given dakas goal.

Just disgusting we lost that. Sick of watching us throw away constant clear chances. Not even making the keeper save it half the time. It's shocking.

I'm reaching my 50s and I haven't seen a goal like our 2nd disallowed. You might see this kind of goals disallowed in Colombia or Bolivia where pure corruption has infiltrated in the sport. This 2nd goal of ours was disallowed by plan. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foxsake said:

Craig Pawson, you were poor son 

Shite Ref

Robbed of a goal 

Dirty Leeds as standard

Patson Daka, you had the chance to put Leeds away and you fvcked it.  

How many gilt edged chances has Daka had this season that he has completely fumbled? How many points have we lost because of him?  

Any of our other 3 forwards faced with the chances he's had over the course of the season would have buried them. He's a lovely bloke but he's not the answer. 

Galling.

Totally agree 

I got a lot of abuse for saying we bottle it too much

But we do simple as

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

some need to look at the whole tonight,

we played brilliant for 75mins, disallowed goal that should have stood, number of chances created

for me there are more positives than negatives

dont get me wrong, im annoyed about the result and i just hope it fuels a fire within the squad to get the job done

• Like 1

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

Ricky’s wrongful booking, wrongly disallowed goal, Mavididi’s miss, Daka’s miss, fluke own goal, and a mistake by Vesty. Sequence of unfortunate events. Still six points clear, I still think we’ll win the league.

Who cares? The only time we’ve come up against teams in the top 6 we’ve shown we’re not good enough… the teams in the prem are gonna have a field day.

To be fair, it was getting a bit boring and lonely up at the top of the league.

Let's just consider a more exciting end to the season.

Not based on tonights performance,  as I thought they were poor, but Leeds have almost as much of a premier league worthy team as we do. They've got some real real quality.

It's frustrating,  but more so because at stages, it's some of best stuff we've seen all season, just crumbled at the end.

It's still ours to lose, but we are slowly running out of comfort blanket.

Edited by LCFC-92
  • Like 1

Regardless of all the missed sitters and bad officiating making us unlucky in part, they still only applied 15 minutes worth of pressure and scored 3 goals in that time.

That's not unlucky, that's diabolical and is a feature of this team that has still not been corrected from the last few seasons.

• Like 1

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Who cares? The only time we’ve come up against teams in the top 6 we’ve shown we’re not good enough… the teams in the prem are gonna have a field day.

Guess we better stay here until we grow up then.

So frustrating, and so predictable. We should have been out of sight and coasting, we were much the better side but you need to take your chances and we didn't. And also the officials screwing us obviously doesn't help, we go 2-0 up and it's a totally different result.

Also, McAteer offers absolutely nothing.

Edited by fleshdaddy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1