Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Twitcher said:

Vardy starts and a bit of luck on the offside, and we're four up before they score. A real shame that one, especially me coming from, and living in Leeds.

Dust settles and I'll look at the table tomorrow. We're still six clear.

Let's hope Ipswich and Southampton slip up.

Don't worry - you'll have the last laugh. Personally I still hope Ipswich don't slip up.

• Like 1

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Who cares? The only time we’ve come up against teams in the top 6 we’ve shown we’re not good enough… the teams in the prem are gonna have a field day.

I forgot we beat Southampton 4-1 at their place. 

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Didn't mind Cannon coming on because he a proper striker and can score, but he couldn't do much with 10 mins to go. 

But was wrong to bring on McAteer

Yes, I’d have maybe gone Albrighton personally. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

At 1-1, why didn’t we slow the game down? Someone hit the deck with a faux injury. Instead we allowed them to play at their pace. So soft, so naive. A draw would have been excellent regardless 

Yeah we certainly should have ensured we at least got the point 

Guest Col city fan

Let the post mortem begin…

It was obvious why we lost: we missed two sitters (and I mean sitters) at a time when Leeds would have massively struggled to come back from two down.

Dakas was worse than Mavididi’s I thought.

IF we go up and don’t invest in the summer, get yer money on us coming straight back down again.

Faes and Vestie would be killed in the Premiership.

Enzo is trying to play like Pep too much

That doesn't work in the championship mate we dont haVe that class.of players to do so

If we don't get 1st or 2nd I am calling it and want him gone. Think he will go anyway even if we do go up

Edited by Trent Steel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I know the knee jerk soft lads of foxes talk won’t want to hear this, but the linesman disallowing Daka and two horrific deflections beat us, the best team lost. We dominated Leeds, they were made to look very poor for the majority of that game.

I think after Brendan it’s become a priority for some on here to bash the manager and team over anything else, regardless of anything else. I’m a bit fed up of the place to be honest, it’s all got a bit moany and entitled. 

Great Post. If we hadn't have created enough chances to beat these 3 times over, I'd be worried. However, it's crystal clear that we did, it's also crystal clear that we have a new identity as a club and it's crystal clear that the identity is working. Yes, we could have been better have finishing, but let's not wet our pants. Haaland missed a few sitters for Man City the other day, I can't imagine the Man City Forum was calling the manager and burning season tickets.

• Like 1

Just now, Trent Steel said:

Enzo is trying to play like Pep too much

That doesn't work in the championship mate we do t hVe that class.of players to do so

If we don't get 1st or 2nd I am calling it and want him gone. Think he will go anyway even if we do go up

78 points, kind of disagrees with this lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I know the knee jerk soft lads of foxes talk won’t want to hear this, but the linesman disallowing Daka and two horrific deflections beat us, the best team lost. We dominated Leeds, they were made to look very poor for the majority of that game.

I think after Brendan it’s become a priority for some on here to bash the manager and team over anything else, regardless of anything else. I’m a bit fed up of the place to be honest, it’s all got a bit moany and entitled. 

Yea officials let us down this game and the Ipswich game but it doesn’t change we bottled those games! The ref didn’t put the ball in the back of the net for them did he.

Twice against Ipswich and this game shows we have a soft weak mentality which needs to be address. We would be well clear of this division but we inexplicably dropped points again!

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I don’t rate Cannon by the way. I just don’t get why people like him so much. He moves about as well as Ian Hume did when he played for us. 

Because given the chances Daka missss he would score quite a few 

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Who cares? The only time we’ve come up against teams in the top 6 we’ve shown we’re not good enough… the teams in the prem are gonna have a field day.

Well I'm sure you'll be supporting someone else by then so why are you even bothered. 

Just now, Magnum said:

Great Post. If we hadn't have created enough chances to beat these 3 times over, I'd be worried. However, it's crystal clear that we did, it's also crystal clear that we have a new identity as a club and it's crystal clear that the identity is working. Yes, we could have been better have finishing, but let's not wet our pants. Haaland missed a few sitters for Man City the other day, I can't imagine the Man City Forum was calling the manager and burning season tickets.

New identity lol bruv this is peak rodgers