Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

4 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I said it earlier we are screwed because our strikers are so poor.  Which in itself is ridiculous because any team in the championship looking at Daka, Cannon, Nacho and Vardy would think we have an embarrassment of richies.  But we absolutely don't.

Nacho has been here for donkeys years and apart from a couple of short purple patches, has don't nothing.

Daka, apart from a purple patch of 90 minutes against Moscow has again, done nothing.

Cannon is inexperienced but so far, hasn't lit the place up.

Vardy is the GOAT, but is also 37 and comes with the baggage these days that age is associated with. 

We have absolutely no one who can go up top that we can rely on. All of our strikers need three or four chances just to hit the effing target never mind score!

We've been bailed out over and over by goals from elsewhere on the pitch, but that can't last.

Strikers should score goals, ours don't with anywhere near enough regularity.  They are not good enough for this league, so will certainly not be good enough for the one above us.

Not sure I agree with this. None of the strikers have scored many because we have rotated them constantly. The 4 of them collectively have something like 24 goals. 

15 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

No 

We defend well and we win simples.

Went down hill from the 1st goal McAteer at fault. Litterally contributed nothing in any game he has played post injury.

However he is a valuable player for the opposition 

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Let the post mortem begin…

It was obvious why we lost: we missed two sitters (and I mean sitters) at a time when Leeds would have massively struggled to come back from two down.

Dakas was worse than Mavididi’s I thought.

IF we go up and don’t invest in the summer, get yer money on us coming straight back down again.

Faes and Vestie would be killed in the Premiership.

Good to see dial a cliche is back! 

Just not clinical enough. We need a decent striker and not one who wastes chance after chance. We could be the only team ever to win 25 out of the first 32 games and not get promoted. That six point lead will evaporate in a few weeks because this team just can't handle pressure 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Daka has 7 in his last 10, Vardy has 5 in his last 5… it’s not too bad.

Daka missed a good chance tonight, but also produced a great finish that was incorrectly ruled out.

But over a season they don't have enough, none of them do and they all require too many chances before they do score.  How many games before today have we struggled to put games to bed because we see miss after miss after miss?  And how many times recently has that bitten us on the arse. 

None of our strikers are prolific enough, they need too many chances to score.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Coalman said:

Once again McAteer brought nothing extra to the team when he came on.....and how many touches did Cannon get?

Both subs nowhere near the standard for me, the immediate drop off after the changes was incredible though

• Like 3

Just now, Trent Steel said:

Enzo is trying to play like Pep too much

That doesn't work in the championship mate we do t hVe that class.of players to do so

If we don't get 1st or 2nd I am calling it and want him gone. Think he will go anyway even if we do go up

We've literally carved the next best side in the league apart due to his tactics and if we'd have finished the chances as we should, we'd have won 4-0.

You're a joke of a fan, much rather you went than enzo did.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dayday said:

Did you actually watch the game 

Yea.

Daka and Mavididi came off for Cannon and McAteer 

LCFC lead 1 Nil.

2 mins later 

1-1 thanks to McAteer 

3 Mins later 

2-1  Leeds

• Like 1

There is no more defending £20m wonderboy Daka by the way. End of discussion (albeit was mostly one forum member…)

What I will say though, he had no right to walk straight back in after AFCON, really poor management. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'm reaching my 50s and I haven't seen a goal like our 2nd disallowed. You might see this kind of goals disallowed in Colombia or Bolivia where pure corruption has infiltrated in the sport. This 2nd goal of ours was disallowed by plan. 

Nah.. I like a conspiracy but it was ruled out by pure bad officiating.. but ultimately we blame ourselves.. they were rubbish  we were great.. should have took other chances and been 3 or 4 clear 

They'll go and smash everyone now 

They deserved nothing and took the points. Logging off.. 38yrs old and I'm letting this crap pee me off.. but we do it constantly 

Can't be bringing the two babies of the squad just before they equalise. Appalling lack of not reading the future from Enzo.

We bring on Albrighton and Vards/Nacho, in that situation we wouldn't have conceded that goal or the next, experienced players to play out the last 10 mins, not guys who haven't been in that situation before.

• Like 1