Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

Vardy must have a good goals per minute ratio and was just coming into form. Bad time to get injured and I was worried before the game. I thought Daka did well tonight apart from missing that sitter. Cannon looks promising. Kel sadly has been the big disappointment. Let’s be honest we played well tonight just had some tough luck with the disallowed goal and a bad deflection. Time to shake it off and get behind the team again. You wouldn’t swap our position with anyone else in the league. 

Absolutely not.  I'm not dissing our football, I just think these results currently are showing us up for our weakness which is poor finishing.  I'm just pointing out that for most of the season this has been pampered over by having wingers and midfielders banging goals in to cover it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

McAteer like Casadei before him is an absolute game destroyer. 

Enzo cost us at Cov and cost us today.

Up until the subs, thanks to Enzo, it was one of our best performances in decades. Right up there with Spurs away in the title winning season 

Less of the Enzo bashing please. He’s been brilliant and we’re still work in progress. Sometimes the players need to stand up and not fold like a deck chair. 

Edited by oxtonfox
  • Like 1

Taking a breath and trying to see the light, the performance was positive we should have won but lost… it happens. We just need to ensure we get the title m done and dusted now and this then can be forgotten. 6 points at this stage is still good, let’s not forget that and move on 

12 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Mind blowing. Anyone watching that must see that we were better than them, just criminally unlucky - and we are still 6 points clear. I don't understand the negativity. (Don't know how to multiquote)

because that six point lead could easily vanish

• Like 1

I can't believe the reaction on here now.

Yep we lost a game that most had put down as a loss before the game began.

Let's remember "if" the Daka goal had been allowed we would probably be 12 points clear.

As it is we lost to the better team for 15 minutes which was not helped by a poor Referee. 

Move on 

3 minutes ago, SergeLCFC said:

So you’re asking people to criticise the bloke who got you a 17 point lead 😂 moron 

so why did we sack Rodgers? He got us to a semi final , won the cup , came 5th twice?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Enzo is trying to play like Pep too much

That doesn't work in the championship mate we dont haVe that class.of players to do so

If we don't get 1st or 2nd I am calling it and want him gone. Think he will go anyway even if we do go up

For large parts of that match we looked superb

Just now, midland_red said:

because that six point lead could easily vanish

It could also very easily extend. 

If we play like we did tonight for the rest of the season, which there’s no reason to see why we can’t. We will be champions. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

how are people defending him , we had a 17 point lead !!! Every game this year has been poor

Maybe that he got us that 17 point lead, and we’re still top by 6 points. 

I guess??🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Doesn’t matter how long ago it was. Only three weeks ago everyone was shitting themselves about Southampton. Yet we absolutely destroyed them, very similar to tonight only difference being we took our chances that night. 

I still think we will go up, but I put that down to the points gap and our ability relative to most teams in this division.

I am sick and tired, however, of our inability to turn up in key moments, hold teams off in the final stages of games, and missing chances when it matters most.

There's only so many times it can happen to accept it's bad luck. It's mentality.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lcfcjosh said:

so why did we sack Rodgers? He got us to a semi final , won the cup , came 5th twice?

Then got us in a relegation battle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RearsbyFox said:

When Leeds equalised it was like a wildlife documentary when a pride of lions spot the sick antelope at the back and think to themselves lunch has arrived and tuck in. 

That's the only worry for me. We do need to work out how to snuff out the panic. But we are still the best side in the league and will win it.

It's tough to take tonight but as has been said, we're still 6 points clear. It's still in our own hands and Leeds will drop points from now to the end of the season too. Let them celebrate like they've won the league. Ipswich are closer to them than they are to us. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nod.E said:

I still think we will go up, but I put that down to the points gap and our ability relative to most teams in this division.

I am sick and tired, however, of our inability to turn up in key moments, hold teams off in the final stages of games, and missing chances when it matters most.

There's only so many times it can happen to accept it's bad luck. It's mentality.

I agree with most of what you’re saying. But if you can’t see that their second goal is lucky I’ll be very surprised. Both games against Ipswich we drop points to lucky goals. In each of these games we’ve controlled and totally dominated, and 2/3 of them we’ve had decisions go against us that have been match defining moments. 

• Like 3