Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

27 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

In a results business how long can anyone keep saying that though?

Under Adams in the PL…that was our reality and got relegated.

The defending for the first two goals was Sunday League, the finishing was even worse.

Two losses mate. We've had six all season. 

9 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Absolutely not.  I'm not dissing our football, I just think these results currently are showing us up for our weakness which is poor finishing.  I'm just pointing out that for most of the season this has been pampered over by having wingers and midfielders banging goals in to cover it.

I know you weren’t mate. It hasn’t been great but not that bad either. Vardy top scorer and good contributions from the likes of mavs KDH Daka etc. we have been spoilt by Vardy for many years up front but by some miracle we are where we are and have got a really decent team together. Much better than I thought we’d have in the summer. We are where we are so let’s help them on home. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I agree with most of what you’re saying. But if you can’t see that their second goal is lucky I’ll be very surprised. Both games against Ipswich we drop points to lucky goals. In each of these games we’ve controlled and totally dominated, and 2/3 of them we’ve had decisions go against us that have been match defining moments. 

True, but the best teams kill those games off. Be that through taking more chances or slowing the game down. We do neither.

Edited by Nod.E

5 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Why do these chances never seem to fall to Cannon when he’s on the pitch? He always has to create his own 

He's not got the pace to get on the end of that chance for starters

• Like 1

Just now, Nod.E said:

True, but the best teams kill those games off. Be that through taking more chances or slowing the game down. We do neither.

Again, agree. And we should’ve been out of sight, even without the perfectly legal goal we got chalked off. 

Realistically we should of been at least 3-0 to the good (offside,Daka miss) Then crumbled but it was pretty predictable I just said we would fold at 84 mins and not 80, 

Another day we are clinical and it’s 3/4/5-0 and no one could moan 

• Like 1

Just now, Mark said:

He's not got the pace to get on the end of that chance for starters

Massive part of it. People who quite frankly lack footballing knowledge will just berate Daka. Not talk about the first assist, and his persistent runs to get himself and others into these positions in the first place. 

Anyone got to the bottom of why Abdul played on the left for a total of 4 minutes? Actually thought it would have worked well given their attacking threat on that side and his defensive ability 

I refuse to accept any criticism of the team as a whole or the manager in particular for that loss tonight. Two straightforward finishes missed and a ridiculous Sunday League officiating team have cost us. We defended magnificently for 70+ minutes and have been undone by two deflected goals (6 this season?)

We SHOULD be 12 points clear but instead the doubters are now all pi$$ing thier pants in expectation we'll bottle it.

• Like 4

We never make it easy.  It's the way we do things.

It was the best performance of the season and Leeds were never in it until it was handed to them on a plate.

I still expect us to finish top but this lack of a clinical edge and not leaving behind the shadow of a certain little, poisonous dwarf will see us struggle big time next season if it continues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Again, agree. And we should’ve been out of sight, even without the perfectly legal goal we got chalked off. 

Yep, we should have. That's what makes it even more frustrating, and even more worrying looking forward.

We have the ability to be really good, but we're lacking street smarts.

It's worrying. The likes of Dyche has built a career out of keeping teams up almost entirely on that. Again, we can't rely on outplaying teams every week in the PL.

People will say let's not worry about next season until we're promoted, but I can't help but feel we're doomed to failure if we get to the promised land.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LVFox said:

We've literally carved the next best side in the league apart due to his tactics and if we'd have finished the chances as we should, we'd have won 4-0.

You're a joke of a fan, much rather you went than enzo did.

As if I give a monkeys t0ss about what you think I should be like as a fan. We folded end of...

Now it's 6 points and it's going down fast

Maybe u should get a grip.

It's all going a bit spursy and if we do an arsenal it's laughable but don't worry keep burying your head in the sand maybe we will scrape though and come straight back down next season

Jees

21 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

how are people defending him , we had a 17 point lead !!! Every game this year has been poor

Well at least you have got your banner ready. Bit of tipex and a black biro and your good to go

Absolute weapon 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Yep, we should have. That's what makes it even more frustrating, and even more worrying looking forward.

We have the ability to be really good, but we're lacking street smarts.

It's worrying. The likes of Dyche has built a career out of keeping teams up almost entirely on that. Again, we can't rely on outplaying teams every week in the PL.

People will say let's not worry about next season until we're promoted, but I can't help but feel we're doomed to failure if we get to the promised land.

I’m sure we will sign players if we do get promoted