Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

Yes Enzo your right we completely dominated the game for 80mins ....however domination is just one word ...heres some more. Clinical, cut throat, deadly, desire, passion, technique, fight, pressure, decisive. Steadfast, i do feel we lack some of these when 1 nil up,  tonight we just were not clinical, but there has been other games that you seem happy to have controlled the game but we walk away with 0 points due to some of the above.

Edited by Headcase
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I actually don't feel deflated. If Leeds had played us off the park, i would be worried. They got very, very, very lucky. And i mean very lucky. 

There was no Farke master class there. Innept officiating and outrageous luck. They barely had a sniff before the rotting luck set in.

Enzo's job is clear from here. Also, i am pretty sure he knows that certain players aren't going to be up to it next season, so plenty of work to do there.

Poor Leicester City were unlucky again. 

Come on mate, I know you're always glass half full, but you have to realise that after so many occasions of suffering bad luck, maybe something else is at play.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I actually don't feel deflated. If Leeds had played us off the park, i would be worried. They got very, very, very lucky. And i mean very lucky. 

There was no Farke master class there. Innept officiating and outrageous luck. They barely had a sniff before the rotting luck set in.

Enzo's job is clear from here. Also, i am pretty sure he knows that certain players aren't going to be up to it next season, so plenty of work to do there.

Im fuming. That was a bottle job, you don’t miss those chances and then at 1-1 try to play out from the back! 

14 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

How did their second goal come about? Fatawu needlessly lost the ball in a terrible position just outside our box which led to them getting the ball and getting that deflected effort! Weak decision making but the lad is young, only if we had an experienced winger on the bench??

I'm sorry but are you trying to blame Fatawu for a goal that deflected off two defenders?

Inexplicable logic.

1 minute ago, lcfcjosh said:

You might aswell sell cannon if your never going to start him 

Is that what you do with all players that don't start? Daka deserved his start, and he had a good game. Remind me the score when Daka came off.  Cannon will get starts.  He is only 21.

• Like 1

It's James Justin's birthday today as well. 

Why couldn't it go down as a Choudry own goal, I don't know if Faes mentally can take another one. Why's it always in games that matter, or not like when we're 3-0 up? He must feel cursed.

Why is this supposed to he fun season so full of (ok not full of) but occasional belly punches?

Fvcking Leeds twice, does spoil things that. No one's fault though really, lads tried their hardest. They didn't deserve that result, JJs not going to enjoy his cake at all is he. 

Just now, Nod.E said:

Come on mate, I know you're always glass half full, but you have to realise that after so many occasions of suffering bad luck, maybe something else is at play.

Like what exactly, a curse? Witchcraft? Deflection magnets in their knickers?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

As if I give a monkeys t0ss about what you think I should be like as a fan. We folded end of...

Now it's 6 points and it's going down fast

Maybe u should get a grip.

It's all going a bit spursy and if we do an arsenal it's laughable but don't worry keep burying your head in the sand maybe we will scrape though and come straight back down next season

Jees

You should probably give a toss before you continue embarrassing yourself 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Is that what you do with all players that don't start? Daka deserved his start, and he had a good game. Remind me the score when Daka came off.  Cannon will get starts.  He is only 21.

Remind me what the score could’ve been when Daka was on?

Starts the weekend off badly but a lot of hysteria on here tonight. Still 6 points clear so in our hands and hopefully this focuses the players as in the last 2 games we have created more than enough to have won both so we need to step up and go again. Really fine margins and a mixture of poor finishing, shocking officials and really not having the rub of the green did for us. As Enzo has said we did not take our chances and that is why we lost. Keeps Sky happy as well but but not going to beat myself up about it. Play like that and finish the chances we missed  for the rest of the season and we go up. Cannot see any point in blaming the manager for poor finishing and crap officials 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Did i say 'poor leicester'? I said i don't feel deflated. I would feel worse if we got battered. We didn't. It means we have to carry on doing the right things.

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

Im fuming. That was a bottle job, you don’t miss those chances and then at 1-1 try to play out from the back! 

Thats the trouble,they are told to play that way because the manager wants them to,we still play that way when losing,shows there is no plan b or c

Just now, bluefox1 said:

Thats the trouble,they are told to play that way because the manager wants them to,we still play that way when losing,shows there is no plan b or c

Ahh - there we are. I can go to bed now.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Like what exactly, a curse? Witchcraft? Deflection magnets in their knickers?

Lack of game management once we miss chances in the first place, which comes down to poor mental strength. 

It's an intangible, granted, but there's something to be said for delivering in key moments. Look at golfers, for example. The best golfers aren't necessarily better ability wise, they're just equipped with the mental know-how to deliver when the pressure is on.

For years now, we have shown severe shortcomings in this area. Again, it's difficult to quantify, but I can't accept at this point that we just so happen to come out the wrong side of bad luck when push comes to shove. You make your own luck in sport.

I can accept that in isolated games the rub of the green can go against you, but it's every game we lose or drop points.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

We just lost the second half 3-0.

No, we lost the last ten minutes 3-0, for 80 minutes we were ahead, and really should have been comfortably ahead.

Leeds didn't even have a shot on target til the 67th minute.

Say what you like about those last 10 minutes, but the first 35 of that 2nd half, Leeds were hanging on for dear life and had no clue what to do in possession.

We were the better team for 80 minutes, and then we were the unluckiest team for 10 minutes.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Spot on.

There's nothing wrong with saying this either. It is exactly the attitude we will have and we should use the atmosphere at the end in the same way we did Arsenal in the title winning season. 

It isn't about having glass half full or whatever nonsense sayings you want to come out with, it's just facts. We absolutely dominated tonight and played them off the park. We play like that for the rest of the season and Leeds play the way they did, we'll win it by 15 points. 

• Like 1