Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

Gutted with that at the end. Thought we were excellent for 75mins, but far too wasteful. Extremely disappointing that Daka turned out to be onside. How the linesman doesn’t notice that I will never know, but we only have ourselves to blame. Wrong subs for me, I’d have gone for experience and reliability of Albrighton for Fatawu, who wasn’t in the game all night. We have to stop conceding these late goals, it’s really costing us at the moment. I still think we’ll have enough in the tank to go up, but we need serious investment if we want to have a shot at staying there. 

• Like 1

Just now, bluefox1 said:

Thats the trouble,they are told to play that way because the manager wants them to,we still play that way when losing,shows there is no plan b or c

Players have to have some kind of understanding of the game tho. Enzo can’t control what they do for the entire game and he’ll learn who he can trust in these situations. I think Fatawu might find himself getting subbed earlier in big games because it’s another big game where he plays likes a teenager. I hope he learns quick because I do think he can be a superstar.

I do still think we’ll win the league but **** me do we need to man up. If this doesn’t galvanise the squad then we’re in big big trouble. Yes we deserved to win today and we should have been 3-0 up but we also deserved what happened in the last 10 minutes. If that makes any sense at all.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Lack of game management once we miss chances in the first place, which comes down to poor mental strength. 

It's an intangible, granted, but there's something to be said for delivering in key moments. Look at golfers, for example. The best golfers aren't necessarily better ability wise, they're just equipped with the mental know-how to deliver when the pressure is on.

For years now, we have shown severe shortcomings in this area. Again, it's difficult to quantify, but I can't accept at this point that we just so happen to come out the wrong side of bad luck when push comes to shove. You make your own luck in sport.

I can accept that in isolated games the rub of the green can go against you, but it's every game we lose or drop points.

I actually get the vibe and it’s hard to pin down, but not sure how to attribute it something tangible. We don’t have a killer instinct maybe. I 100% do not think we deserved to lose today, but perhaps that indicative.

5 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

Remind me what the score could’ve been when Daka was on?

Do you think im mystic meg? I dont think the change in Striker made much difference but Cannon hardly came on and showed us what a different game it could have been if he had been on since the beginning. As much shite as Daka is getting, i think Mavadidi's miss was worse. However, they both had decent 2nd halves in the grand scheme of things. 

19 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I still think we will go up, but I put that down to the points gap and our ability relative to most teams in this division.

I am sick and tired, however, of our inability to turn up in key moments, hold teams off in the final stages of games, and missing chances when it matters most.

There's only so many times it can happen to accept it's bad luck. It's mentality.

I think it's the absurdly bad disallowed goal and the two deflections that mean we can put this down to bad luck. 'Luck' has given leeds a three goal swing tonight.

But, of course, better mentality in front of goal and luck maybe doesn't come into it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

No, we lost the last ten minutes 3-0, for 80 minutes we were ahead, and really should have been comfortably ahead.

Leeds didn't even have a shot on target til the 67th minute.

Say what you like about those last 10 minutes, but the first 35 of that 2nd half, Leeds were hanging on for dear life and had no clue what to do in possession.

We were the better team for 80 minutes, and then we were the unluckiest team for 10 minutes.

We've won the last half 0-3 then.

If that's what you need to hear?

There is literally nothing to worry about this season. Were so OP were going up.

Get you money down on relegation next season though.

I look forward to the 80%, on here telling me how class playing this way is next year 🤣. Stick  to you guns please

How did we  loose that/ poor selection - Daka up front ( good closing down b it more likely to take out the corner flag when finishing) and or poor substitutions. Whatever Enzo needs to explain his thinking.

Having watched that Daka miss several times, it was so bad it actually looks deliberate. I mean, it's just hideous, has to be the worst one this season. Leeds 2nd, Faes og was unlucky, the 3rd was just god awful defending but they're heads had gone by then. I don't want to see Daka, MacAteer and possibly Praet start another game this season. 

37 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

We’re top of the league you muppet. 

Look at the class of our players vs the rest of the league though. Look at the squad payroll compared to the rest of the league. 

Being 6 points up isn’t the accomplishment you’re making it out to be. 

We need to get our mental fragilities sorted out, or we’ll be talking about how we like our chances in the playoffs, against clubs that should be miles below us. 

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

I think it's the absurdly bad disallowed goal and the two deflections that mean we can put this down to bad luck. 'Luck' has given leeds a three goal swing tonight.

But, of course, better mentality in front of goal and luck maybe doesn't come into it.

Yes, but even with the chances being missed, the likes of Man City slow the game down in those situations. Constant fouls, subs, knocking the ball out for throw-ins. 

Yes it's lucky that a double deflection ends up in the back of our net once again, but the ball has to end up on the edge of our box in the first place, which is always likely to happen without evasive action against a side pushing for an equalizer. 

Again, isn't it incredible how often we seem to fall foul of bad luck? It's not a coincidence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Having watched that Daka miss several times, it was so bad it actually looks deliberate. I mean, it's just hideous, has to be the worst one this season. Leeds 2nd, Faes og was unlucky, the 3rd was just god awful defending but they're heads had gone by then. I don't want to see Daka, MacAteer and possibly Praet start another game this season. 

that’s a bit harsh sir on the 3 players. Daka did alright apart from the obvious. 

2 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Look at the class of our players vs the rest of the league though. Look at the squad payroll compared to the rest of the league. 

Being 6 points up isn’t the accomplishment you’re making it out to be. 

We need to get our mental fragilities sorted out, or we’ll be talking about how we like our chances in the playoffs, against clubs that should be miles below us. 

Any other season we would be well ahead of chasing pack its only because there is 4 teams averaging over 2 points per game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Poor Leicester City were unlucky again. 

Come on mate, I know you're always glass half full, but you have to realise that after so many occasions of suffering bad luck, maybe something else is at play.

Gambler's fallacy. It's still bad luck that deflections result in a goal. All you can ask your defenders to do is to block shots and close down space.

You obviously need to credit Ipswich (x2) and Leeds for applying late pressure, but the probability of conceding that many deflected goals is very low. 

Did we back off too much on those games towards the end? Or did we just tire out and lose concentration? It's never quite that easy to say.

But just because it has happened multiple times, it's not necessarily a case of something being wrong.

We could probably make adjustments to reduce the probability even further, but they're already very low.

Just because it has happened three times in against our main competition doesn't mean it's a worrying trend.

• Like 2

The distance between reality and intention is intense here.

We were not good enough tonight. We've been good enough (and then some) this season.

It should not be a controversial opinion to say we let ourselves down in the second half. ****ing hell. Weird that there are some dogmatic freaks amongst the fan base.

Remember when criticizing Rodgers was considered enough to write off a supporter.

• Like 1

Just now, Saxondale said:

I never normally whinge about the officials, but they ****ed it this evening. Daka’s goal should have stood, we should have been 2-0 up and game over.

From the assistant refs view it inevitably looks a bad, bad mistake. From the initial TV view, it did look like Hamza got the second to last touch.