Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

How TF did Daka and Mavididi miss? 
HOW?? Didn’t even hit the fúcking target. 

Mavididi will be lucky to game minutes in the prem. Personally I think he’s shite. 

We’ll still go up. But in order to be competitive, we need at least 6 new players. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Spot on.

There's nothing wrong with saying this either. It is exactly the attitude we will have and we should use the atmosphere at the end in the same way we did Arsenal in the title winning season. 

It isn't about having glass half full or whatever nonsense sayings you want to come out with, it's just facts. We absolutely dominated tonight and played them off the park. We play like that for the rest of the season and Leeds play the way they did, we'll win it by 15 points. 

Thanks. People keep likening this to Southampton away last season and soft quoting Maddison. Things is, we were piss poor at Southampton. We weren't tonight. We genuinely created enough high quality chances, and even put one of them away.

I'm not saying im not concerned. We have a job to do. But i'm not agreeing with anyone shitting the bed yet. I actually thought we were losing both the Borough and Leeds games. But i think we go on a decent run from here and close it out.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Having watched that Daka miss several times, it was so bad it actually looks deliberate. I mean, it's just hideous, has to be the worst one this season. Leeds 2nd, Faes og was unlucky, the 3rd was just god awful defending but they're heads had gone by then. I don't want to see Daka, MacAteer and possibly Praet start another game this season. 

Daka got the assist for the first goal, scored a goal that got ruled out and missed a chance albiet a sitter so to speak.

He did work his socks off all game as well and there first goal came from Cannon not covering the midfield like Daka had been doing all game.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, shen said:

Gambler's fallacy. It's still bad luck that deflections result in a goal. All you can ask your defenders to do is to block shots and close down space.

You obviously need to credit Ipswich (x2) and Leeds for applying late pressure, but the probability of conceding that many deflected goals is very low. 

Did we back off too much on those games towards the end? Or did we just tire out and lose concentration? It's never quite that easy to say.

But just because it has happened multiple times, it's not necessarily a case of something being wrong.

We could probably make adjustments to reduce the probability even further, but they're already very low.

Just because it has happened three times in against our main competition doesn't mean it's a worrying trend.

It's not just those occasions though.

It's not only a matter of taking key chances that sets up the situation in the first place (poor finishing ability of strikers / lack of elite mentality to perform at most important moments), it's also a fact that the majority of our goals conceded occur in the final 15 minutes, and it's not just the games you reference. It absolutely is a worrying trend, and we have to get better at seeing games out. Maybe it comes down to an insistence on playing total football right to the last, when perhaps a dose of shithousing is in order when the pressure is on.

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

The distance between reality and intention is intense here.

We were not good enough tonight. We've been good enough (and then some) this season.

It should not be a controversial opinion to say we let ourselves down in the second half. ****ing hell. Weird that there are some dogmatic freaks amongst the fan base.

Remember when criticizing Rodgers was considered enough to write off a supporter.

Our finishing was not good enough (again). We kept the most in-form team quiet for large periods and created a lot of chances. Much of the groundwork tonight was A+. That's without mentioning a legit goal chalked off.

But Mav, Fatawu and Daka will no doubt be kicking themselves, and rightly so. They've previously shown to have the clinical edge, so it's disappointing they were so wasteful.

We were not good enough, obviously, but we should have been. Again, not worried long term about this season.

18 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Yes I blame him massively for that goal

It deflected off two players!!!  Fatawu could have gift wrapped the ball for him, but he couldn't have stopped the ball travelling in three different directions.

Jesus, step away from you scapegoating and just accept it was an incredibly fortuitous goal.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, shen said:

From the assistant refs view it inevitably looks a bad, bad mistake. From the initial TV view, it did look like Hamza got the second to last touch.

He gave offside because he thought he was when Vesty headed it. You can tell by the hand gesture he used and there’s no chance he thought the ball came off Hamza’s head from his angle! That linesman needs sacking! There were 3 Leeds players playing Daka onside. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shen said:

From the assistant refs view it inevitably looks a bad, bad mistake. From the initial TV view, it did look like Hamza got the second to last touch.

Except the lino made the motion that daka had come back from an offside position before looking to be onside. I’m really not sure what he thought he saw 

what disappoints me is that daka just waves his fingers at the lino rather than getting himself in the refs face and demanding that he asks the lino why he’s given it offside.  only daka would know he was onside - the other players would just accept the call. We have lacked nouse across the pitch for years now …

• Like 1

Just now, shen said:

Our finishing was not good enough (again). We kept the most in-form team quiet for large periods and created a lot of chances. Much of the groundwork tonight was A+. That's without mentioning a legit goal chalked off.

But Mav, Fatawu and Daka will no doubt be kicking themselves, and rightly so. They've previously shown to have the clinical edge, so it's disappointing they were so wasteful.

We were not good enough, obviously, but we should have been. Again, not worried long term about this season.

I'm not worried long term either.

However, saying that we were poor tonight has been met with hostility.

The last time this was the case was when supporters suggested that Rodgers wasn't quite right before we blew the top four.

It's ****ing strange. We weren't good enough. It doesn't seem controversial to say that. It shouldn't be salacious.

Honestly, I’m  not as upset as I thought I’d be having lost that.

. Partly because there was a tinge of injustice  about it and had that second goal gone in as it should rightly have been then it could have been a different game. Also, it wasn’t a deflection,mit was an own goal.. the shot wasn’t on target.

anyway, I didn’t see anything from Leeds that would suggest they can barge past us on their way  to a title win. 

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

It deflected off two players!!!  Fatawu could have gift wrapped the ball for him, but he couldn't have stopped the ball travelling in three different directions.

Jesus, step away from you scapegoating and just accept it was an incredibly fortuitous goal.

I have a mate who's telling me to accept it because it was clearly going in anyway. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Except the lino made the motion that daka had come back from an offside position before looking to be onside. I’m really not sure what he thought he saw 

what disappoints me is that daka just waves his fingers at the lino rather than getting himself in the refs face and demanding that he asks the lino why he’s given it offside.  only daka would know he was onside - the other players would just accept the call. We have lacked nouse across the pitch for years now …

Decisions been made. Nothing you can do.

Post match though the club need to be ripping the lino a new asshole.

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Decisions been made. Nothing you can do.

Post match though the club need to be ripping the lino a new asshole.

Yeah without VAR it will never be overturned, once the linesman waves that flag and the ref agrees you can’t go back on it 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

The last time this was the case was when supporters suggested that Rodgers wasn't quite right before we blew the top four.

It's ****ing strange. We weren't good enough. It doesn't seem controversial to say that. It shouldn't be salacious.

We weren't poor, we put in the perfect away performance.

But then we missed easy chances and failed to kill the game in the final 15. Just like all of our other bad results this season.

The fact we were actually really good tonight just makes our shortcomings all the more infuriating.

• Like 3

Just now, foxile5 said:

Emotions run high, that's all. Also no need to overstate defeat. It happened in a painful manner, but I would have thought we were poor and won the lottery if the roles were reversed.

A lot of our football tonight was great to watch.