Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Except the lino made the motion that daka had come back from an offside position before looking to be onside. I’m really not sure what he thought he saw 

what disappoints me is that daka just waves his fingers at the lino rather than getting himself in the refs face and demanding that he asks the lino why he’s given it offside.  only daka would know he was onside - the other players would just accept the call. We have lacked nouse across the pitch for years now …

All that would get you is a Yellow card these days you can't question anything

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I do still think we’ll win the league but **** me do we need to man up. If this doesn’t galvanise the squad then we’re in big big trouble. Yes we deserved to win today and we should have been 3-0 up but we also deserved what happened in the last 10 minutes. If that makes any sense at all.

The way we played for 80 minutes suggests that the boro loss galvanised the team.  Even after the two bad misses we still looked totally in control and the more likely to score.

You can't legislate for the manner of the goals conceded, it wasn't about bottling it or being soft, it was just unfortunate.

I'd expect that if the reaction to Boro was focus and playing our best football, then the reaction to this will be anger and maybe a bit more bite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

It deflected off two players!!!  Fatawu could have gift wrapped the ball for him, but he couldn't have stopped the ball travelling in three different directions.

Jesus, step away from you scapegoating and just accept it was an incredibly fortuitous goal.

He lost the ball in a ridiculous position when it’s 1-1 at the end of a game. He made a stupid naive mistake and we got punished for it. If I’m the manager I would be watching that back and telling Fatawu he needs to do better there take care of the ball better or clear your lines when under the cosh.

I blame him for that goal, you ain’t going to change my mind. He played crap this game also, I still like him but it’s clear he has a lot of learning to do.

As fans we are once again not only robbed by poor officiating from officials that should be made accountable for their decisions their mistakes and bad displays but by our own teams poor finishing not putting away chances they should be putting away, how many chances do they want the borough game should have put away 5 or 6 tonight against a very Dirty Leeds side who craig Pawson was far  too lenient with a couple that should have been give a second yellow some who should have just should been booked but for him and his and his poor Assistants ruined a decent game in which bit for poor finishing be 0-3 up at half time for Dakas goal that was disallowed that official should be demoted to the conference league and fined for his poor decisions !

it’s about time the PGMOL sort out this inconsistency and incompetence of their officials if they can’t officiate fairly then demote them retrain them, but we can’t just blame the officials they don’t miss chances that should be put away then we are our worst own enemies our own faults so we need to put our chance away more often now a 6 point lead we need to now keep this lead til the end of the season to win this title and not just bend over and let Dirty Fuching Leeds pi55 on our Parade 12 games left let’s hope we can turn this losing streak into a winning streak !!

19 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

We've won the last half 0-3 then.

If that's what you need to hear?

I've no idea what you mean - i'm just saying it's wrong to sum up the 2nd half by what happened in the last 10 minutes.

The last 10 minutes shouldn't take away (from a performance perspective, such was the initial observation) how well we played in the 2nd half.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

All that would get you is a Yellow card these days you can't question anything

I dont mean literally - I mean that he can go to the ref and say that he was yards onside and the ref has to check with the lino what he’s seen. we have been so accepting of poor decisions for ages - Rodgers built it into the psyche - you don’t see the best teams doing  it,. They make sure that the officials know something isn’t right. 

2 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

The way we played for 80 minutes suggests that the boro loss galvanised the team.  Even after the two bad misses we still looked totally in control and the more likely to score.

You can't legislate for the manner of the goals conceded, it wasn't about bottling it or being soft, it was just unfortunate.

I'd expect that if the reaction to Boro was focus and playing our best football, then the reaction to this will be anger and maybe a bit more bite.

Come on mate, those chances were absolutely fluffed. This game is the definition of a bottle job.

20 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Having watched that Daka miss several times, it was so bad it actually looks deliberate. I mean, it's just hideous, has to be the worst one this season. Leeds 2nd, Faes og was unlucky, the 3rd was just god awful defending but they're heads had gone by then. I don't want to see Daka, MacAteer and possibly Praet start another game this season. 

Yeah, i've only seen the one replay but his body shape seems to hint that he was actually trying to pass it back across goal - either way, unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Lillehamring said:

I've no idea what you mean - i'm just saying it's wrong to sum up the 2nd half by what happened in the last 10 minutes.

The last 10 minutes shouldn't take away (from a performance perspective, such was the initial observation) how well we played in the 2nd half.

Losing is always bad, but the silver lining is that we looked good and that should be a positive thing going into the last 12 games with a 6 point lead. 

• Like 1

Sky were desperate for Leeds to win and couldn't wait to say it's the second time this season we've lost consecutive matches to Leeds and Middlesbrough. They neglected to add that last time we went on to get 26 out of the next 30 points and extended our lead.

• Like 1

Considering how good Leeds were supposed to be I thought we were the better team by far . Its all about finishing your chances when on top. We didn’t  do it for the second game on the trot. Leefs were very lucky to win . Good performance tonight . I m more confident that we'll win the league now than before. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I dont mean literally - I mean that he can go to the ref and say that he was yards onside and the ref has to check with the lino what he’s seen. we have been so accepting of poor decisions for ages - Rodgers built it into the psyche - you don’t see the best teams doing  it,. They make sure that the officials know something isn’t right. 

I know what you mean but there is no VAR so while these players do ask for it they have VAR to back it up.

19 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Yes, but even with the chances being missed, the likes of Man City slow the game down in those situations. Constant fouls, subs, knocking the ball out for throw-ins. 

Yes it's lucky that a double deflection ends up in the back of our net once again, but the ball has to end up on the edge of our box in the first place, which is always likely to happen without evasive action against a side pushing for an equalizer. 

Again, isn't it incredible how often we seem to fall foul of bad luck? It's not a coincidence.

But that's the thing, it isn't that often - the games we've lost have generally been down to poor finishing (tonight that's hurt us again) - but tonight genuinely does feel like what ever we did, it wasn't meant to be.

I think from the moment ricardo gets booked i'm thinking, something's going to føkk us over tonight.

12 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's not just those occasions though.

It's not only a matter of taking key chances that sets up the situation in the first place (poor finishing ability of strikers / lack of elite mentality to perform at most important moments), it's also a fact that the majority of our goals conceded occur in the final 15 minutes, and it's not just the games you reference. It absolutely is a worrying trend, and we have to get better at seeing games out. Maybe it comes down to an insistence on playing total football right to the last, when perhaps a dose of shithousing is in order when the pressure is on.

In the first half of the season, we were the ones turning games around by starting slow and scoring late goals though.

It just seems like our games have goals scored as well as conceded lated in games - and yeah, there's maybe a hint that we're not closing games out efficiently, but football very often gives a chance or two to the losing side (unless they're completely inept) in tight games. We've been very unfortunate to get punished even by slight mistakes.

In retrospect, this will be good experience for when this happens more frequently in the PL...

Tactics were bang on, high press completely stuffed them. Ricky P and KDH were superb and Hamza did a great job filling in.  We created plenty of chances but were not clinical enough. Mavadidi and Daka both should have scored. Fatawu was poor. Final third cost us...end of 

• Like 1