Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Get that idiot out. He’s got the best championship squad in history and he’s making it look difficult. There’s not a decent team in this division and he’s completely in capable of beating anyone in the top 6. Just embarrassing. It’s like watching us last season, players clearly too confident, thinking they’re better than they are. Just fed up now. 

Rabid.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Get that idiot out. He’s got the best championship squad in history and he’s making it look difficult. There’s not a decent team in this division and he’s completely in capable of beating anyone in the top 6. Just embarrassing. It’s like watching us last season, players clearly too confident, thinking they’re better than they are. Just fed up now. 

Please delete your account

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

We're soft as shit from top to bottom. Vichai was ****ing ruthless, Top isn't.

Clowns in the boardroom who aren't performance measured, a giant spaceship that's a 5 star hotel and players who are overpaid.

It's a continual feature of the last few years and it's deeper than just the players or the manager. Complacency and softness runs through the whole club imo.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

17 minutes ago, shen said:

Our finishing was not good enough (again). We kept the most in-form team quiet for large periods and created a lot of chances. Much of the groundwork tonight was A+. That's without mentioning a legit goal chalked off.

But Mav, Fatawu and Daka will no doubt be kicking themselves, and rightly so. They've previously shown to have the clinical edge, so it's disappointing they were so wasteful.

We were not good enough, obviously, but we should have been. Again, not worried long term about this season.

Not only that but we still looked in total control for some time after the misses, and the most likely looking team to score - leeds looked lost.

Unfortunately we got sucker punched far too late for us to really regain the momentum that we lost.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

And yeah you'll say that has nothing to do with tonight's game but this bottling has gone on for too long.

We're absolutely financially ****ed if we don't go up.

I'm ****ing fuming like everyone else. Results like that get under your skin and won't budge.

But...we actually played well tonight I thought. The hardest fixture on paper and we were by far the better side. The last two goals being deflections make it look comfortable the other way but we should have been out of sight. Poor finishing needs addressing but I thought, overall, that we turned up tonight.

Oh and we'll win the league.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

When Arsenal beat us and celebrated like they had won the league, that spurred us on… let’s hope this does the same. 

Hope so but do feel the dynamic is different. We were the underdogs challenging all football norms. Now we are expected to win it especially from this position. 

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

And yeah you'll say that has nothing to do with tonight's game but this bottling has gone on for too long.

:nigel:

4 minutes ago, shen said:

In the first half of the season, we were the ones turning games around by starting slow and scoring late goals though.

It just seems like our games have goals scored as well as conceded lated in games - and yeah, there's maybe a hint that we're not closing games out efficiently, but football very often gives a chance or two to the losing side (unless they're completely inept) in tight games. We've been very unfortunate to get punished even by slight mistakes.

In retrospect, this will be good experience for when this happens more frequently in the PL...

Will it? We don't appear to be learning...

9 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I've no idea what you mean - i'm just saying it's wrong to sum up the 2nd half by what happened in the last 10 minutes.

The last 10 minutes shouldn't take away (from a performance perspective, such was the initial observation) how well we played in the 2nd half.

If it was a friendly I'd agree with you, but it wasn't we lost the match end off in the last ten mins

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

To not get promoted would be up there with Rodgers having us finish 5th when seemingly guaranteed to get top 4. I’m still certain we make promotion though but parachute payments will be there if we don’t. 

Ipswich have really showed the template of how to play us: keep within one goal, by defending well and the officials disallowing our goals or not giving us penalties.

Then, with 15 mins or so to go, throw on fresh legs, run around a lot and take pot shots, allowing lucky deflections do the work....

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Mentally we are poor and that’s the concern for me. We don’t have the mental strength to cope when the going gets tough.

It's going to get tougher towards the end of the season and we don't seem to do well under pressure. We can't seem to see out games without having some kind of meltdown towards the end. Crucial late goals given away and apart from Cardiff H and West Brom A have we ever scored an equaliser or a winner ourselves?  

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not suprised. No wonder enzo trying to bring u21 lads through, they be needed if we don’t go up! Back to scraping the barrel with loan signings again. 

5 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Not only that but we still looked in total control for some time after the misses, and the most likely looking team to score - leeds looked lost.

Unfortunately we got sucker punched far too late for us to really regain the momentum that we lost.

Yeah, we did. Oh well. Leaves a bitter taste. Here's hoping we regain composure and finish the job well.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

To not get promoted would be up there with Rodgers having us finish 5th when seemingly guaranteed to get top 4. I’m still certain we make promotion though but parachute payments will be there if we don’t. 

I think they'll have already been budgeted for....

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Will it? We don't appear to be learning...

This is it for me, are we any better now than we were after 5 games? Yeah the football is nice but you don't win games on that alone. Mentality is critical.

14 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He lost the ball in a ridiculous position when it’s 1-1 at the end of a game. He made a stupid naive mistake and we got punished for it. If I’m the manager I would be watching that back and telling Fatawu he needs to do better there take care of the ball better or clear your lines when under the cosh.

I blame him for that goal, you ain’t going to change my mind. He played crap this game also, I still like him but it’s clear he has a lot of learning to do.

But players lose the ball all the time, there were numerous opportunities to tackle the guy or force him backwards, in the end he's desperate and just whacks it, it probably isn't even going in until it hits hamza, and then still not going int until it hits faes.

The final goal also took a massive deflection off a shot not on target, does that mean we should be blaming vestergaard for giving away the foul?

Of course, the actions of these players create situations, but unless it's a genuine error that's led to the goal we need to quit with the blame culture.

If blaming people for events makes you happy then you go for it - but posting that kind of BS on here will be shot down time and again.