Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, RearsbyFox said:

It's going to get tougher towards the end of the season and we don't seem to do well under pressure. We can't seem to see out games without having some kind of meltdown towards the end. Crucial late goals given away and apart from Cardiff H and West Brom A have we ever scored an equaliser or a winner ourselves?  

Cov H, Rotherham A, QPR A were all scored in the 80th minute or later. So yeah, we've had a fair share.

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're soft as shit from top to bottom. Vichai was ****ing ruthless, Top isn't.

Clowns in the boardroom who aren't performance measured, a giant spaceship that's a 5 star hotel and players who are overpaid.

It's a continual feature of the last few years and it's deeper than just the players or the manager. Complacency and softness runs through the whole club imo.

Overreaction of the night trophy has been claimed. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Come on mate, those chances were absolutely fluffed. This game is the definition of a bottle job.

Poor execution and bottling it are not in any way shape or form the same thing.

I get that you're upset but whining and melodramatic histrionics  aren't going to change anything.  

You seem to be incapable of dealing with reality - but i admire your persistence in utter negativity to get you through it

• Like 1

The most worrying thing for me, if - (and it’s a big “if” again, now) is that once again we find ourselves with a complete and utter rebuild needed for the Premier League. 

Mads - Ok

Justin - Ok

Vestegaard - Not quick enough 

Faes - Backup

Hamza - Not good enough 

Ricardo - Ok

KDH - Ok

Winks - Ok

Mavididi - Backup

Fatawu - Not Premier League level (yet)

Daka - Backup 

The rest of the squad there are question marks over at Championship level, never mind the next level should we reach it. The financial situation is clearly not the best at the club, although none of us can claim to know the actual facts of it, I honestly do not think however that the club has the resources to build a squad capable of staying in the Premier League. That’s a hell of an outlay to potentially replace 5 starters from tonight’s team who’ve been the victim of a smash and grab at the hands of another promotion rival. 

Hate to be defeatist, but the word I come back to is “bleak”

Just now, Lionator said:

Eurgh that 45-70 was so bloody good. Why did we throw it like that? 

It stings that is for sure, but that is all it does. We need to just ensure we get the title sealed now. From that performance we certainly have enough to keep hold of our lead. 

1 minute ago, shen said:

Cov H, Rotherham A, QPR A were all scored in the 80th minute or later. So yeah, we've had a fair share.

All at the start of the season, apart from WBA all the meaningful late goals recently seem to be going in our net.

I wonder if this result will galvanise the team into a decent run of results or they will fold like wet cardboard due to the pressure of needing to win. We have sat pretty at the top for so long the fear of cocking it all up after winning 25 of 32 could make us implode like a badly designed submarine. We do seem to suffer from a terrible  combination of poor finishing and sheer bad luck at the moment. A great performance for 70 odd minutes destroyed by a 15 minute meltdown. 

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think they'll have already been budgeted for....

Not only that, but they werent even enough, notice how we only spent a fraction of the money we made from sales and there wasnt enough left over to get Sensei.

If we dont go up, the summer is going to wake some people up.

Thats six losses this season (Burnley only lost three times last year) so I'm guessing all the talk of points records will stop.

Leeds will now be massively confident; they have just been completely outplayed by a far superior team and yet still won.

Hope we find some bottle before our play-off matches against Hull

18 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Well, unfortunately, each half is 45 minutes, so a craptastic 10 minutes can absolutely wipe away a good 35 minute performance.  Unless they shorten the matches, which LCFC absolutely should push for given our ability to wilt at the end of seemingly every big match. 

I’m not trying to take this out on you Lillehamring, this match, and the two against Ipswich, and the Cov match, and the last one against Boro, just have me in a sour mood. 

Sure, never suggested anything but that being the case - the discussion was about our performance 2nd half rather than the result.

And even then, i didn't think we were crap in the last 10 minutes. I think we might have come back from the first goal, or at least held on for a draw, if we hadn't conceded such a ridiculous second.  after that it was always going to be a struggle.  And the 3rd (again ridiculous) goal kind of made the last ten minutes look a lot worse than it really was.

• Like 1

Frustration and disappointment does not translate well on this forum.

Negativity pervades it all after any type of loss, which is a very blinkered view.

Just remember where we are and that we're going up

6 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

But players lose the ball all the time, there were numerous opportunities to tackle the guy or force him backwards, in the end he's desperate and just whacks it, it probably isn't even going in until it hits hamza, and then still not going int until it hits faes.

The final goal also took a massive deflection off a shot not on target, does that mean we should be blaming vestergaard for giving away the foul?

Of course, the actions of these players create situations, but unless it's a genuine error that's led to the goal we need to quit with the blame culture.

If blaming people for events makes you happy then you go for it - but posting that kind of BS on here will be shot down time and again.

It’s my bloody take on their second goal. I think a sharp switched on player realises you’re under the cosh and should clears their lines. He inexplicably gives the ball away in a shocking position which directly led to the goal when IN MY OPINION should have made an easier better decision and cleared the ball. I’m not happy to blame him but I wish he did clear it because we might have seen that game out 1-1!

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

Thats six losses this season (Burnley only lost three times last year) so I'm guessing all the talk of points records will stop.

Leeds will now be massively confident; they have just been completely outplayed by a far superior team and yet still won.

They did draw 14 though. 

• Like 1

I just don't get how they calculate xG at all. According to the app I use, the xG score was Leeds 1.43 Leicester 1.47. How is that possible when we've missed two 1-on-1s, hit the post and Faes's goal was a free header from about 3 yards out. The same app says we had 3 'big chances' and they had none. 

Just now, SuperMike said:

This is the thing you ALWAYS hear when teams win things, they play poorly and find a way to win. We seem to dominate and find a way to lose, it’s infuriating and I agree, we need to find a way to change this mentality a dig in for the final push. 

Massive run coming up, now. Enzo needs a reaction. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

They havent stopped, people are being called pansies and we have people predicting we winning every game for the rest of the season. :)

All teams shithouse a win from time to time. Us included.

One of the three losses from Burnley was QPR at the end of the season when already promoted

They drew loads though

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It stings that is for sure, but that is all it does. We need to just ensure we get the title sealed now. From that performance we certainly have enough to keep hold of our lead. 

It really hurts. If you look at the match thread I have rarely seen the word beautiful used so often as it was during the first 30 mins of that 2nd half. It was lovely to watch. It's painful, but it's far from a tragedy. I'm proud of the way we play. We are far too good for this league, but sometimes we get beaten by cheats and bullies and jammy bastards. But I hope we don't lower ourselves to their level. 

• Like 1