Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Have you ever missed a sitter?

It happens.

Lol it's not about me, and I dont get paid thousands of pounds a week, at his level he should be scoring that, he also missed a sitter against Boro I like Daka by the way and thought he played well tonight 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ConnFoxUS said:

Genuinely don’t get the Daka hate. Did he miss an easy one? Yeah. He wasn’t alone in doing so tonight. Did he score a goal that should have been allowed? Yes. Did he assist the only goal we had tonight? Yep. Has he shown more this year than Senior Man, who seems to be anywhere but on the pitch when he’s called upon? Yes. 
Vardy’s injured. And no slight to him, he’s not someone we can realistically call on to give us 90 minutes of top flight performance anymore. Cannon could be the answer long term, but he seems to need time to get up to speed. Meanwhile, Daka’s on 7 goals and 4 assists and plays our style quite well. He runs his arse off, pressing and defending.  What else do you want? 

I think Daka can be a decent support player because as you say he does put in the effort and he can take a penalty but he just isn't clinical enough to be relied on to score until he misses a few first  He just isn't cut out to be the main man and score 20 goals a season.  Blaming him for the defeat is a bit too easy because others were just as wasteful. Playing in the Austrian league for top club there isn't the same as even the Championship let alone the Premier League. I don't hate the guy but I do wish he was a lot more clinical.  

• Like 1

I’m bored to death of people thinking Daka is an elite striker. Even in the Championship he’s not been elite. Yes, he can slot away a penalty. He’s quick. He makes good movement. But he also misses decent chances. 

I trust Vardy to take chances. I wouldn’t trust Iheanacho or Daka. YMMV. 

Just now, Vazman said:

Lol it's not about me, and I dont get paid thousands of pounds a week, at his level he should be scoring that, he also missed a sitter against Boro I like Daka by the way and thought he played well tonight 

Mate, Ronaldo, Messi, Kane , Lineker, name any of the world's best. They've all missed sitters in their career.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
39 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Overreaction of the night trophy has been claimed. 

Stick your fingers in your ears and tell everyone we'll be fine. Worked wonders last year.

Still a long way to go and every chance we fuvk this up. And there's a consistent pattern when the pressure is on - better get promoted automatically as this lot won't stand a chance in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

I’m bored to death of people thinking Daka is an elite striker. Even in the Championship he’s not been elite. Yes, he can slot away a penalty. He’s quick. He makes good movement. But he also misses decent chances. 

We have certainly been spoilt by the brilliance of Vardy

• Like 3

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Stick your fingers in your ears and tell everyone we'll be fine. Worked wonders last year.

Still a long way to go and every chance we fuvk this up. And there's a consistent pattern when the pressure is on - better get promoted automatically as this lot won't stand a chance in the playoffs.

Think you'd love it.....

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

Like the one he skied over the bar vs Middlesborough? Strikers miss chances. I don't think Daka is Vardy level, but if we are waiting for another Vardy we are going to be waiting for a very very long time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Think you'd love it.....

Oh he'd be proved soooooo right. I'm out of here. It's annoying me now. The worst thing about losing to Leeds isn't the dropped points, or their fans gloating,.. it's our ****ing fans.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 3

We can calm down, we aren’t going to play Leeds every week,’play like that we beat everyone left this year by a cricket score and probably do Southampton. I’m just sick of Leicester losing whenever it is important not to, feels like since the fa cup we haven’t won a single 6 pointer, it is so difficult to stay motivated and give it your all at 1-0 for 70 knowing it’s likely you lose it, said it to my missus when our first went in. Enzo is still class, love it all and very happy with the year but just please stop the bullshit

• Like 1

Just now, LCFCCKEANO said:

We can calm down, we aren’t going to play Leeds every week,’play like that we beat everyone left this year by a cricket score and probably do Southampton. I’m just sick of Leicester losing whenever it is important not to, feels like since the fa cup we haven’t won a single 6 pointer, it is so difficult to stay motivated and give it your all at 1-0 for 70 knowing it’s likely you lose it, said it to my missus when our first went in. Enzo is still class, love it all and very happy with the year but just please stop the bullshit

Talking purely the big 6 pointers

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

There were posters on here laughing at posts of "we're going down" after the first few games of last season

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

Yes - but they generally aren't the same ones who are shitting the bed now.

They are/were. They never go away and they never understand. 

Edited by Parafox

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Like the one he skied over the bar vs Middlesborough? Strikers miss chances. I don't think Daka is Vardy level, but if we are waiting for another Vardy we are going to be waiting for a very very long time.

Thought the exact same thing. 

Was a hideous miss, granted, and it’s at a real key moment in a huge game, however, his performance was very good and on another night he scores and we’re lauding him. It’s football, unfortunately. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trabuch said:

This may come as a huge surprise but even Messi misses chances too. Doesn’t mean he’s equally as bad. 

Pointing to a Vardy miss to justify a Daka miss is a strawman barely worth addressing. Daka misses too many chances. He can run fast but so can Forrest Gump.  Quoting goals and assists in a secondary league, as some do,  doesn’t cut any mustard for me. 

I’m not catastrophising, fairly certain we’re still going up but i I wouldn’t trust Daka as a frontline striker. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Record against promotion rivals so far:

W1 D2 L2.  5 points from 15.  Poor.

Failure to beat QPR next Saturday I think we are in big big trouble with the fixtures we have coming up after that.  

The confidence Leeds United will get from this result will be unbelievable.  Ipswich Town refuse to go away and are relishing the underdog tag.  Their mentality is fantastic.  Southampton are due a bounce back.

This is going down to the wire.  I can only pray it doesn't end the same way as 20 & 21.  Not sure how the club would recover if we were to choke in such an unprecedented manner....again.