Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Stopharage said:

This may come as a huge surprise but even Messi misses chances too. Doesn’t mean he’s equally as bad. 

Pointing to a Vardy miss to justify a Daka miss is a strawman barely worth addressing. Daka misses too many chances. He can run fast but so can Forrest Gump.  Quoting goals and assists in a secondary league, as some do,  doesn’t cut any mustard for me. 

I’m not catastrophising, fairly certain we’re still going up but i I wouldn’t trust Daka as a frontline striker. 

That is a reasonable statement.

2 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Record against promotion rivals so far:

W1 D2 L2.  5 points from 15.  Poor.

Failure to beat QPR next Saturday I think we are in big big trouble with the fixtures we have coming up after that.  

The confidence Leeds United will get from this result will be unbelievable.  Ipswich Town refuse to go away and are relishing the underdog tag.  Their mentality is fantastic.  Southampton are due a bounce back.

This is going down to the wire.  I can only pray it doesn't end the same way as 20 & 21.  Not sure how the club would recover if we were to choke in such an unprecedented manner....again.

Good job we don’t play our rivals every week. We will have enough to see this through 

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Good. Now tell all the doom mongers that post shite about us not making it

To be fair I don’t think the doom mongers are ever happy… even if we see it through and win the title they will just moan about relegation next season before it’s even June 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Sorry I appreciate you can see the good in tonight's performance, and admire you for it, but I just look at the result, personally if leeds had dominated, scored 1, had a goal disallowed, missed 2 of the easiest goals you could ever be gifted, and yet against  the run of play, we managed in the last 20 mins to not only equalise, but score 2 more goals, I'd be happy as Larry right now, I'm just not feeling positive about losing, no matter how well we played for 70 or so mins.

- i didn't start the debate, i just joined in.

The result is obviously all that matters, but when you get a game like this it's inevitable that there're going to be lots of issues worthy of discussion

• Like 1

In fairness this team has ability and craft and guile to beat all the top teams in this league. We just can’t seem to manage the game properly ie converting early chances to goals cutting out the possibility of any comebacks. I swear it’s like Leicester is fighting themselves in these games not the opposition. Or we are losing games rather than the opposition winning them. Gotta be a mental issue. I’m not having tiredness even though it’s a factor but Leeds ran a lot and it didn’t stop them coming for us at the end. Where’s the courage the bravery gone?

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

Christ this result has ignited something within me. I want to win this league so badly, not just for the record but repair the damage of Friday night.

Get in! I hope the same thing has happened to our players (I reckon it has)

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I swear they get a kick from when we lose or things go badly. I would imagine every fanbase has them though 

Sadly yes. I don't understand them. Criticism can be justified but the repetitive negative posts even when we win is soul destroying. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

How many times this season I have conceded flukey deflected goals like that? It's such bs. We were much the better side for 70 minutes. So frustrating to see us lose it in the last 20 minutes again!

When you care more about defending a 1-0 lead and invite pressure, the chances are the opponents would be in your box having these flukey deflected goals.

We need to learn to keep it going. Keep putting the pressure on!

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vazman said:

So all opinions have to be the same as yours, to be valid lol... 

not really, im not talking about all negative comments some are very valid… just there are some that just can’t say a positive thing at all even when things are going well. We lost, poor finishing certainly cost us the last two games… but you have to remember about the many games this season when the finishing was spot on. We are top because we do things right more than anyone else. I don’t see this bad finishing continuing through the next 12 and we will win most of those. Let’s face it there are far more positives this season than negatives and calling for the managers head every week is just silly 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

Leeds fan here with an honest opinion. I thought you dominated early on but with better finishing we could have scored 4 (would have definitely flattered us but we've been wasteful in front of goal most of the season and it looked like it was going to be the same again). 2nd half, I expected us to pressurise you but you were by far the better team and should have been out of sight. Taking Piroe off (I can't warm to him) and getting Rutter 20 yards further forward changed the game. In the end, you cracked under pressure but we should have been dead and buried before then. I think we'll both go up but there'll be lots of work to do in the summer. BTW, you guys complain a lot for a team that's on course for a record points total, the only thing that'll stop you going up is fan pressure. Relax and enjoy it

• Like 2

In all honesty I don't care about recored etc and I know we will win some, lose some and draw a few game etc. Dunno why but today game has made feel even more down. Doesn't help when other things around me are pushing me down too. I guess I was looking forward to happy hit when live is full dung already. Guess it's good night and start a new page tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Punk guy said:

Leeds fan here with an honest opinion. I thought you dominated early on but with better finishing we could have scored 4 (would have definitely flattered us but we've been wasteful in front of goal most of the season and it looked like it was going to be the same again). 2nd half, I expected us to pressurise you but you were by far the better team and should have been out of sight. Taking Piroe off (I can't warm to him) and getting Rutter 20 yards further forward changed the game. In the end, you cracked under pressure but we should have been dead and buried before then. I think we'll both go up but there'll be lots of work to do in the summer. BTW, you guys complain a lot for a team that's on course for a record points total, the only thing that'll stop you going up is fan pressure. Relax and enjoy it

You should see the offline fans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Punk guy said:

This has certainly got worse ever since Rodgers, I didn’t notice it has much before then lol there is certainly a lot of hangover from his time here  

• Like 1