Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

That's up there with the biggest three points dropped I've ever witnessed. They weren't even any good. We've not only let them off the hook but we've then imploded AGAIN. There is something fundamentally wrong psychologically at this club.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

In all honesty I don't care about recored etc and I know we will win some, lose some and draw a few game etc. Dunno why but today game has made feel even more down. Doesn't help when other things around me are pushing me down too. I guess I was looking forward to happy hit when live is full dung already. Guess it's good night and start a new page tomorrow 

Games like tonight, are what make the wins and achievements so much more meaningful. We will take this on the chin as fans as we always have to, and wait for the next buzz of a win! I think the players will be seething about this result, and I suspect we may see a big reaction that may push us to the title. Let's see though :fc:

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

When you care more about defending a 1-0 lead and invite pressure, the chances are the opponents would be in your box having these flukes deflected goals.

We need to learn to keep it going. Keep putting the pressure on!

Think you’re on to something there. The game definitely changed when we went into game management mode. Not a bad thing to do of course, but we’ve got to get better at it or carry on pressing.

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Ricardo is a great player - is he a captain? Does captaincy matter? I don't know - but sometimes it looks like we need Wes back.

Very passive in his post-match interview, as was Enzo. I do think we need a bit more passion and fight in this squad. Everything seems a bit too nice. I would love a couple of big nasty personalities to join in the Summer, to give us more of a ruthless edge in the squad. I can't help think we have put so much energy into the technical side of the game, that we are missing that basic and raw emotion to just go out there and battle when needed and be truly angry after a loss. 

• Like 1

Honestly, not sure how you lost that one. Leicester definitely the best team we’ve seen at ER this season. You really should have been 2 up by 70’, but a couple of missed chances and a really poor offside decision let Leeds back in. 

I can’t see you not finishing top, so I wouldn’t worry too much about this game. 

If both our wingers were on it, I think we would have comfortably won 4-0. 

Mavididi did some good things but lost his head and fell off a cliff and Fatuwa had a shocker for most the game. 

They should both be our stand out attacking players with their ability. 

The problem is, we don't really have adequate replacements for either, so they have to quickly regain their form for the final 12 games. 

Their form will likely be the difference in my opinion. If they catch fire, we will comfortably take the title. If not, we could be in a real battle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

If both our wingers were on it, I think we would have comfortably won 4-0. 

Mavididi did some good things but lost his head and fell off a cliff and Fatuwa had a shocker for most the game. 

They should both be our stand out attacking players with their ability. 

The problem is, we don't really have adequate replacements for either, so they have to quickly regain their form for the final 12 games. 

Their form will likely be the difference in my opinion. If they catch fire, we will comfortably take the title. If not, we could be in a real battle. 

The problem is Daka, how do not people realise how bad he is! Pure disbelief 

20 minutes ago, Punk guy said:

Leeds fan here with an honest opinion. I thought you dominated early on but with better finishing we could have scored 4 (would have definitely flattered us but we've been wasteful in front of goal most of the season and it looked like it was going to be the same again). 2nd half, I expected us to pressurise you but you were by far the better team and should have been out of sight. Taking Piroe off (I can't warm to him) and getting Rutter 20 yards further forward changed the game. In the end, you cracked under pressure but we should have been dead and buried before then. I think we'll both go up but there'll be lots of work to do in the summer. BTW, you guys complain a lot for a team that's on course for a record points total, the only thing that'll stop you going up is fan pressure. Relax and enjoy it

Some fair points you've made but the disallowed "goal" was unfortunate. I think both teams will go up if we handle the pressure better but we have developed a habit of conceding late goals in key games and we should be doing the opposite. As soon as Leeds equalised we folded due to pressure,  clinical finishing and deflections but you make your own luck. Thought we deserved a point but wasteful finishing cost us as it did against Boro. We don't really do relaxing but our players do it for us sometimes. Hopefully we'll meet again in the PL next season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I thought Leeds would be better tbh. 

At times, they looked really poor. 

They have a lot of attacking players though and so expect they will push us and finish in the top 2. 

We should have buried them in the first hour but we let them in the door and they nicked the telly,  most of the furniture and scattered Hovis crumbs all over the carpet.as a punishment for our wasteful finishing.   

• Like 1

Weve been spoiled by the GOAT.

At least no "big" clubs are coming in for Enzo

Pawson is bad

Riccy P is a class above

The table doesnt lie

Still prefer the game without VAR (errors are made either way, eg Ricardos wrong yellow wouldve stood)

Still believing that we will go up, we will need many players if we do.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's up there with the biggest three points dropped I've ever witnessed. They weren't even any good. We've not only let them off the hook but we've then imploded AGAIN. There is something fundamentally wrong psychologically at this club.

nothing will ever top the spurs home game

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, And Joachim goes throoough said:

Great lad but Daka along with Robbie Neilson is the worst player to don the shirt

Going way off topic of tonight's game, which isn't a bad thing, but Neilson wasn't close to some of the worst players we were lumbered with from Scotland during that period. 

2 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Think you’re on to something there. The game definitely changed when we went into game management mode. Not a bad thing to do of course, but we’ve got to get better at it or carry on pressing.

I was really concerned we would come out of halftime doing that straight away. I was nervous as I knew from the history of this team and Maresca that we will “game manage” (ie. stop playing our best football and mentally become a loser) at some point. And yes, we did in the last 20 mins. We took our foot off the pedal once again. It seems like we still have not learnt from the Rodgers era what that can do to our mentality.

I really hope fans stop talking about the team needing to game manage. We would be creating another team of bottlers once again otherwise.

Leeds didn’t stop after leading. They didn’t run to the corner flag like what I am 100% sure we would. They continued to put the ball into our box and as a result we were not in their box trying to score a goal. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

But that’s two losses against Leeds (our closest rival), almost identical points dropped against Ipswich (twice) when should have put the game to bed.

We have an extremely soft under belly when the pressure is put on.

The defending for the last 15 minutes was Sunday league, where are the so called leaders, on last nights showing - Hamza was the calmest head in the last 15 minutes  (at least twice he had to push Ricky P and others away from pointless scraps) our heads dropped and with our next few games and mini blip that’s a concern.

This is down to Maresca. He is just like Rodgers trying to defend a lead. Keep playing like we play in the first minute all the time. If that got us to be leading in the first place, why then change game plan and try to defend a lead or “game manage”? This is why we keep losing to better teams in this manner because then they will take advantage and get back into the game. Worst of all, it makes our players mentally weak. Be the aggressor all the time. Build that killer winning mindset and not be afraid to concede!

We do that in the Premier League and we will get relegated again.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

It was like watching a car crash in slow motion. In a game we had dominated throughout after taking an early lead we then had a goal wrongly disallowed and missed a couple of guilt-edged chances, any of which would have put the game away. The really scary part is that we all knew what would happen next and sure enough it did. And a 12 point cushion, which would have made our run towards the title little more than a formality, was reduced to six in the space of a few minutes as we cracked under pressure. We certainly still have it all in our own hands but there is a nagging feeling that we'll find some way to screw it up!

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 hours ago, Parafox said:

And what do you think will happen this season 

I've no idea tbh. We should get promoted at a canter but we're doing everything we can to **** this up.

We're the best side in the division from a footballing perspective but our mentality isn't the best in the league and now the pressure is on that could really cost us.

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

Don't worry - you'll have the last laugh. Personally I still hope Ipswich don't slip up.

I was just meaning in today's games. Got to want them to drop points. We might need a gap between second and third.