Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

In a strange way, the realisation that we won’t reach reading’s points total might allow a few people to enjoy the last dozen games 

Reckon we need another 6 wins which is one win in two which has been the case for a while 

I reckon we need 9 at least the way sides are going around us.

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

It's so frustrating. Clearly we were the better side and should have been at least 2 goals ahead before they scored.  10 minutes of madness and luck for Leeds. They threw the kitchen sink at us and we crumbled 

The goal that was wrongly ruled offside was criminal, not booking Kamara for a rash challenge on KDH in the first half saved him from being sent off (even live score had him down as 2 yellows for a brief second )makes even more annoying. We were our own worst enemy, but that didn't help. 

Unfortunately after the last 2 games, I have a sinking feeling. Leeds basically playing all the sides in the relegation battle and we have some tough games against Sunderland, Hull, Southampton to name a few. 

This was a missed opportunity to stamp our authority on the league. 

Don’t disagree,but forget which or what games are ahead..

We sofar  have always iron out our form and come good

Enzo will keep squad ingrained into routine one game at a time..!!

But also already mark games down,has extra attention.

Middle of March end of March Ndidi return..??

Leeds despite friendly fixtures,will still drop points

Last night gave them a slight opening…I presume

the 2 others will also win today..

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I reckon we need 9 at least the way sides are going around us.

You’ve been ‘around a lot of football blocks’ - but not as many as me !

as I posted during the game (after daka’s miss ) that we had screwed up (because you’ve seen it so many times before where a side misses so many chances), I’m also sure  that Leeds will not win 8 out of 11 and Southampton will not win 10 out of 13 and ipswich will not win 9 out of 13.   that doesn’t mean one of those wouldn’t happen but two out of the three won’t. 

it’s the reason that you don’t see a poor bookie

96 points will take us up automatically 

Btw, I think we will win at least 7 of our last 12.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCFC-92 said:

Take away last night's result, let's not forget not long ago we were 12 points clear.

This is Rodgers level of bottling. We've seen it before, on more than one occasion. 

New players, new manager, still no back bone.

The last 10 mins last night was horrendous, but if we look back at the games people say we’ve ‘bottled’ this season:

Ipswich (A) - should’ve had a pen for 2-0, lucky double deflection to equalise 

Cov (A) - arguable that their lad should’ve been sent off for the pen incident, held out well for most of the second half but admittedly collapsed once one went in

Ipswich (H) - a shot which was swerving all over the place parried out rather fortuitously into the path of their player

Leeds (A) - perfectly good goal ruled out, missed numerous chances, 2 out of their 3 goals were lucky deflections 

When you break it down we have had an awful lot of poor luck, that’s not to say mentality shouldn’t be questioned as when things start to go against us situations seem to escalate quickly, but I’d argue in at least 2 and probably 3 of the games above we’ve been done over by officiating rather than ‘bottling’ them.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I agree. His little comment about leaving made me have doubts about his commitment to the club. Sounded like a spoilt brat. 

Truth is, he’s been great for us. The football isn’t always exciting, but we’ve had some phenomenal results compared to last season. With that said, we’ve also played some terrible clubs in this league. He is going to find next season a challenge when we go up if he cannot adapt or take criticism.

Has he repeated his little rant..?? No

All top managers have also had their moments. 
Not worth a jigger,they even have also a right to let off steam

or get cranky…sort of resets the sails,changes tact.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

We need some leadership from somewhere. 

I got laughed at when I said this, but isn’t this why we signed Coady? We could probably do with him on the pitch to be honest. 

I was thinking this regarding Coady last night was the type of game you think he would of be signed for.

Bring him on towards the end if you want to try and protect the lead. Enzo similarly to Rodgers won’t move away from his system though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I was thinking this regarding Coady last night was the type of game you think he would of be signed for.

Bring him on towards the end if you want to try and protect the lead. Enzo similarly to Rodgers won’t move away from his system though.

Yes, I was thinking around 65 minutes that we needed fresh legs, as they were bound to have a flurry at some point before the end of the game, and a few tired panic moments at the back would lift their fans . Coady , and Cannon on earlier for me as Daka just had 1 of those nights apart from a fair first half. 

41 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Poor officials

Poor finishing

Lack of bottle

Poor substations 

People arguing it’s one or the other when it’s quite clearly a combination of all of the above

I can see Farkes League winning lap of honour being used to galvanise some sort of siege mentality amongst the squad just like the Arsenal photo did a few years back.

We will go up as Champions 

I hope your right, last night is more evidence its lacking still big style 

14 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Woke up and I'm still fuming.

Fuming we played so well for 80 and came away with nothing.

Fuming with the missed chances

Fuming with the disallowed goal

Fuming with their deflected second

Fuming with our ability to fold at the first showing of pressure.

Fuming with huge overreaction on here and inability to see how good we can become.

Football, bloody annoying isn't it!

Summed up perfectly I think.

For 80 minutes to a man we were absolutely superb, tactics and how the players executed the plan was top drawer however it was also inevitable that the missed chances to kill the game off would come back and bite us as it did.

If people are questioning mentality I don’t think that can be levelled at Maresca given he has come from Man City off the back of a treble, not sure he is the issue, however a squad littered with players who have past history of not having the mental strength in certain circumstances and that is likely to take 1 or 2 more transfer windows to rectify. 

It will be a testing week and it’s absolutely critical we regroup and come back fighting with a decent win against QPR to get us back on track 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Yes, I was thinking around 65 minutes that we needed fresh legs, as they were bound to have a flurry at some point before the end of the game, and a few tired panic moments at the back would lift their fans . Coady , and Cannon on earlier for me as Daka just had 1 of those nights apart from a fair first half. 

Daka has his qualities - ie, his pace, work rate and pressing ability. Unfortunately finishing doesn’t appear to be one of them. He snatches at chances - he just doesn’t seem to have any conviction in front of goal from open play (although he does from the penalty spot). I’m not sure we afford to carry a striker who has a mental block about converting chances. If Vardy isn’t fit, surely Cannon has to play next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Daka has his qualities - ie, his pace, work rate and pressing ability. Unfortunately finishing doesn’t appear to be one of them. He snatches at chances - he just doesn’t seem to have any conviction in front of goal from open play (although he does from the penalty spot). I’m not sure we afford to carry a striker who has a mental block about converting chances. If Vardy isn’t fit, surely Cannon has to play next week.

Vardy has missed his share of sitters, including a hum dinger against Middlesborough. 

• Like 1

Not just last night but the winder context of these collapses from the players is a major problem. Absolutely everyone in that away end knew what would happen when they equalised. There’s an inherent weakness in the club that runs deep. Thought we were excellent for 80 minutes. But you need to be excellent for 95 minutes. Daka and Mavididi really let us down. Such simple easy chances. Horrible officiating unsurprisingly. 

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Vardy has missed his share of sitters, including a hum dinger against Middlesborough. 

Difference there is Jamie is in his late thirties and has given us more than we could’ve dreamed of. Daka hasn’t delivered us any consistent quality since he joined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Of course, but Vardy has the air of a man who believes he will score even after he’s missed a sitter. Daka has the air of a man who doesn’t actually believe he will score. Mentally, they’re worlds apart.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Slept on it. 

Still feel the same. One of our best performances of the season. Bar the last ten minutes. Dominated. Made them look inferior and looked comfortable throughout. 

What can’t continue to happen is these capitulations. We have to trust the manager and thus far he’s done a very good job. It’s just a case of being professional and now getting ourselves over the line, and if we play like we did last night, we’ll be absolutely fine

Irony surely?

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Games like tonight, are what make the wins and achievements so much more meaningful. We will take this on the chin as fans as we always have to, and wait for the next buzz of a win! I think the players will be seething about this result, and I suspect we may see a big reaction that may push us to the title. Let's see though :fc:

I really do hope so. 

• Like 1