Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

If he is that thinned skinned then he should go , us fans are entitled to view are thoughts . Maybe if he had a plan B things might not be so worrying for the fans 

Worrying!? Six points clear. After last year and the mess that needed sorting, plus the alleged financial position, I'd have been happy that we didn't go straight down to the First. Get a grip.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

Why? He’s right.

Play like that and we'll be absolutely fine went really well last year didn't it!

Our mentality needs to be seriously questioned, when we go a goal down, do we have the mental strength to get a goal back and win the game? We have done so. But at the same when we are 1-0 up there is always a chance for the opposition to come back into the game and bite us in the arse.

We don’t finish off teams with these chances we are creating, and that’s the issue no ruthlessness in front of goal.

We have a lot of tough games coming up we need to be seriously better in front of goal.

Subs played a huge part last night. Leeds changes made a positive impact and ours hurts us.

No problem with Daka coming off if he was starting to tire.

i would have brought Doyle on for Choudhury and moved JJ to RB as a more conventional back 4. Sharky for Stephy was the change there 

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Difference there is Jamie is in his late thirties and has given us more than we could’ve dreamed of. Daka hasn’t delivered us any consistent quality since he joined.

Disagree. What matters is what happens on the pitch now. Vardy has missed his share of chances and so has Daka. Daka put a shift in yesterday Vardy isn't some golden panacea for us anymore. He is an option for sure and i love seeing him, but at his age he cannot be first choice.  Daka has offered enough statistically and in games to warrant being chosen. People behaving like all other strikers everywhere are banging in all their golden chances. They aren't - in any division. See the flufs Piro made in the first half. I'm not doubting Daka should have done far better with that chance but i dont agree that that single moment should define him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Difference there is Jamie is in his late thirties and has given us more than we could’ve dreamed of. Daka hasn’t delivered us any consistent quality since he joined.

And Vardy very very rarely misses one on ones. Nine times out of ten his near post connection last week goes in. Not convinced that Daka Nacho or Canon would’ve been sharp enough to get in that near post position either .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Analysethis said:

Its a real strange response mate.

Firstly, we should be treating Maresca as a messiah. The bloke inherits a squad, sells his best players, many of his next set of best players who remain are out of contract in the next year and overall the whole place is down after a surprise relegation. He adopts a style of football that means we a top of the league. No transitional period, no bedding players in, but into a team of confident winners. Lets lay off Maresca who is working wonders for starters!

Regarding missing chances, well welcome to the Championship. Daka does some good things but isnt top drawer. He played great today but when he gets a chance, I am not over confident and havent been since he joined. I like him, but he isnt top class.Remember how many games he played early season?! The rest of the lads like Mavidi, a 5m player has excelled.Today unfortunately he missed chances including a sitter but he is one that is again over achieving.. We have some very good players, some that are prem class but we have many still here as they are not deemed good enough to be bought by prem clubs. Thats where we are at the moment and the sooner some of you realize we have a lot of Championship standard players the more realistic we will be regarding expectations. 

We are not entitled to win and go up and IMO, this season has been beyond expectation. When Madders, Caglar, Barnes, Castagne, Evans, Mendy and Soumare left did you think we would piss the league?

We are doing fine, are dominating the ball, creating loads of chances and when we get promoted, hopefully we can find the players to take us to the next level. The foundations are set, thank you Maresca!! 

Even the Messiah had his critics back then..... I think its fair to point out obvious errors that seem to repeat themselves. 

* we seem to concede a lot of goals at the end of the match

* we miss an abundance of chances to score and put the games to bed

* apart from Southampton we haven´t beaten any of our closest competitors

If these issues are not the responsibility of the manager then what is?

I am full of admiration for what he has done here, but our big lead has been thrown away and we seem to rest on the laurels a little, so excuse me for not following your Messiah view here.

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Ah well, just didn't take our chances. Is what it is. We outplayed them massivley in their cup final. 

We're still walking away champs. 

All about promotion for me, and that’s the worry we need to increase that gap to third place atm, it’s 9 points but if Ipswich win their game today down to 6 points which is squeaky bumpy time. Teams can see we have a soft underbelly when we are 1-0 up, they know they can come at us and break down us. We need to be ruthless in front of goal when we have our chances, that should be the only thing we are working on in training for the remainder of the season.

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Disagree. What matters is what happens on the pitch now. Vardy has missed his share of chances and so has Daka. Daka put a shift in yesterday Vardy isn't some golden panacea for us anymore. He is an option for sure and i love seeing him, but at his age he cannot be first choice.  Daka has offered enough statistically and in games to warrant being chosen. People behaving like all other strikers everywhere are banging in all their golden chances. They aren't - in any division. See the flufs Piro made in the first half. I'm not doubting Daka should have done far better with that chance but i dont agree that that single moment should define him.

I respect your views, but agree to disagree 👍

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bert said:

Slept on it. 

Still feel the same. One of our best performances of the season. Bar the last ten minutes. Dominated. Made them look inferior and looked comfortable throughout. 

What can’t continue to happen is these capitulations. We have to trust the manager and thus far he’s done a very good job. It’s just a case of being professional and now getting ourselves over the line, and if we play like we did last night, we’ll be absolutely fine

No disrespect but I hope the players dont have this mentality as its cost us late goals, missed sitters, and lack of shithousery.

I'm hoping Enzo fecking lays into them for not finishing games off and being clinical and I'd like to see more nastiness.

I heard this shit last season...

Think the most important thing to come out of this is that Foxes Talk needs to have a block option like Twitter

Id probably follow a dozen posters and get followed by a couple of people but it would make my life so much less stressful 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Play like that and we'll be absolutely fine went really well last year didn't it!

We made a couple of v decent chances against one of the worst sides in the league at soton but overall looked stodgy 

yesterday we made a hatful of better ones against one of the best 

there is a difference 

• Like 1

I don't think Enzo got it wrong at all, this is on the players for folding so easily. The subs were correct. Shame we didn't have Vards, the last 15 he was the sort of player we needed. Experienced, aggressive and would made them push back a bit. 

But overall, most of the game, the quality difference in the passing was clear. Their passes looked loose where we were more crisp and precise and got out of tight positions better. Not perfect, but sharper than they were. Just frustrating that we couldn't put the ball in the net again. 

Leeds celebrating like they've won the league. Let's hope our players remember that and this is our Arsenal moment, as they over celebrated like Arsenal do. It also proves that Enzo was right pre-match. It's was a huge, huge, huge game...for them and they celebrated like it was. 

Edited by fox_favourite

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We made a couple of v decent chances against one of the worst sides in the league at soton but overall looked stodgy 

yesterday we made a hatful of better ones against one of the best 

there is a difference 

Unfortunately football is played over 90 minutes and if you're not ruthless you get punished. It's exactly the same attitude as last year.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Unfortunately football is played over 90 minutes and if you're not ruthless you get punished. It's exactly the same attitude as last year.

But last year, we weren't creating chances, we weren't playing well, we were rarely (if ever) the better side. We were crap all over. There is a difference, just need to get better at closing the gates. I think the key is Ndidi. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This really needs to stop. Surely last season is enough to indicate this.

People need reminding we played alright for 70 odd minutes, but lost a crucial game….. it’s still a defeat regardless of how we played…… and that habit can stick. 

• Like 2

Just now, Raj said:

No disrespect but I hope the players dont have this mentality as its cost us late goals, missed sitters, and lack of shithousery.

I'm hoping Enzo fecking lays into them for not finishing games off and being clinical and I'd like to see more nastiness.

I heard this shit last season...

Enzo, quite rightly has been a pragmatist all season. He has recognised this is a horrible long season in a league that throws up horrible results from time to time.  Not panicking is what gave us the foundation to be where we are. I still don't believe Ipswich, Leeds and Southampton will all win everything in the run in. But i think that pragmatist style has shown its downsides in situations like last night and against Middlesborough. It will be interesting to see if he sticks to the same plan, or feels its time to shake things up a bit. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

But last year, we weren't creating chances, we weren't playing well, we were rarely (if ever) the better side. We were crap all over. There is a difference, just need to get better at closing the gates. I think the key is Ndidi. 

The xg table had us finishing 15th last year so that's not true. And it's relative to the level we're at.

Few things

- would have taken Fatawu off at half time

- Daka was good, but that miss (or one two attempt) was poor and will colour people's perception of his whole performance

- we still suck at the dark arts

- Enzo needs to instill some fight in these guys and use this defeat as the spark

• Like 2