Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Unfortunately football is played over 90 minutes and if you're not ruthless you get punished. It's exactly the same attitude as last year.

Appreciate that but last year we lacked the quality in the league to win games against decent opposition. We lacked the mentality to win games against poor teams.  We lacked intensity and effort.  We had enough of that last night to be several goals to the good.  I was more concerned with the first half against boro where we looked a bit lethargic and were complacent. 

Hopefully we’ve had all our bad luck for the season now with the double deflected goals at Ipswich and elland road.  I can accept single deflections as not being bad luck. 

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

True true.

In the context of the season though that wasn't a crucial game. We win that tonight we are basically champions. Now we've given those twats the shot in the arm they needed - on a genuinely crap showing by them too. I'm absolutely livid.

if Leeds look back at it tho, and try and be neutral with it, 

they wasnt the better side, can gas it up etc all the like they won, for me the only reason they won, like most if not all the games we've not won this season; we havent took our chances, plain and simple

the longer the game went on without us getting a second gave them a lil bit more confidence 

dont get me wrong the result is a lil annoying;  but its football anyone who doesnt overreact at the smallest thing knows it can happen, we wasnt dogshit etc, leeds will know they got away with one

so imo some of our fans needs to look at the bigger picture; 

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 4

I'm so angry I refuse to drink my tea from my usual Leicester City mug this morning. Gone with generic patterned mug - that gives some indication of the severity of the situation.

On a serious note, the thing that galls me the most, is that Leeds didn't win it, we lost it. Also, I think they knew we have a propensity to collapse under pressure, they just had to be patient and we'd do their hard work for them by falling to pieces.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Raj said:

No disrespect but I hope the players dont have this mentality as its cost us late goals, missed sitters, and lack of shithousery.

I'm hoping Enzo fecking lays into them for not finishing games off and being clinical and I'd like to see more nastiness.

I heard this shit last season...

I think the players do have this mentality unfortunately and so does the manager. It's happening too often for it not to be the case. Being good at football doesn't win you leagues, it helps but it's as much mental as well as technical.

I’m sure this has been pointed out already, but the true measure of last night is that almost everyone on the Leeds forum is saying “how the hell did we win that? Leicester were much better. We’ll take a bit of luck”. 

It happens. On another night we win 4-0. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Get that idiot out. He’s got the best championship squad in history and he’s making it look difficult. There’s not a decent team in this division and he’s completely in capable of beating anyone in the top 6. Just embarrassing. It’s like watching us last season, players clearly too confident, thinking they’re better than they are. Just fed up now. 

i have to agree he aint got a clue reminds me of rooney a iddiot

Just now, ChrisFilter said:

I’m sure this has been pointed out already, but the true measure of last night is that almost everyone on the Leeds forum is saying “how the hell did we win that? Leicester were much better. We’ll take a bit of luck”. 

It happens. On another night we win 4-0. 

Leeds don’t know that when we score 1-0 we f**k it up on occasions it’s happened quiet often.

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Disagree. What matters is what happens on the pitch now. Vardy has missed his share of chances and so has Daka. Daka put a shift in yesterday Vardy isn't some golden panacea for us anymore. He is an option for sure and i love seeing him, but at his age he cannot be first choice.  Daka has offered enough statistically and in games to warrant being chosen. People behaving like all other strikers everywhere are banging in all their golden chances. They aren't - in any division. See the flufs Piro made in the first half. I'm not doubting Daka should have done far better with that chance but i dont agree that that single moment should define him.

It wasn't that Daka missed the chance, it was just how woeful it was.

He hit it, like a not very good at football kid in the playground. 

He also missed an equally simple header to put us one up against Boro last week too.

I actually thought his overall play, and his link play was excellent last night. The best I've seen from him since he's been here, but he has got to do better with his finishing, because it's costing us points.

I know it's not all down to him, but primarily he is a striker, and that is what he is going to be judged on.

I actually think we do look more of a threat when he is in the team though, and it was a shame Vardy was injured, because he would have been a massive threat coming off the bench last night.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Unfortunately football is played over 90 minutes and if you're not ruthless you get punished. It's exactly the same attitude as last year.

Understand the frustration, I love LCFC too and I can't help but think about Kompanys Burnley who looked  unbeatable in the Championship but have stunk the Premiership out this season, surely we can learn a lesson from Rob Edwards Luton.

15 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Think the most important thing to come out of this is that Foxes Talk needs to have a block option like Twitter

Id probably follow a dozen posters and get followed by a couple of people but it would make my life so much less stressful 

The weirdest thing is the same old posters who seem to revel in our defeats. 

With friends like these...

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

We’re obviously a great side, but there is a huge resilience issue.

So good with late goals at the start of the season, but that has turned completely on its head. 

We’re technically brilliant, but we’re soft. 

8 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

When you care more about defending a 1-0 lead and invite pressure, the chances are the opponents would be in your box having these flukey deflected goals.

We need to learn to keep it going. Keep putting the pressure on!

We’ve been guilty of this a lot this season but not last night. We kept pushing for the second for most of the second half. The equaliser felt like it came out of nowhere and then obviously the implosion occurred.

• Like 3

The difference between fans and the squad. We refer back to games where we’ve been ahead and lost, players just play the next game in the moment. I’m pretty sure they weren’t thinking “we’ll bottle this”, they’re too caught up in the moment. It happens, maybe too often. The players aren’t thinking beyond QPR. We played some decent cracking football last night let’s not forget that. As loud as Leeds fans were from the equaliser onwards, they were very quiet up to that point. The way they defended it’s not going to be a cake walk for them, they’re just as vulnerable as us.

I thought we were brilliant last night, for 80 mins anyway. The set up was perfect but subs were poor. Vardy and Albrighton made so much more sense. The ref was a disgrace but it's Craig Pawson FFS. I was so annoyed last night, especially when I realised at full time that it was the world cup final. 

Next few games are huge. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Small mercies.

At least this thread has been free of a, 'At 80 mins, I lumped a tenner on us losing 3-1. Quids in. :jump:'

I despise those selfish fecking posts.

Sorry. Still fuming......

Yeah, which is why i said 3-1 before kick off.

Screenshot_20240223_215835_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ed632cbadf2f9bedc7aecc248ac0d07e.jpg

What to make of that….

I thought we would lose and actually predicted 3-1. But I thought it’d be due to Leeds being a very good side. They weren’t. They were bog standard to poor and they were at KP. You get the feeling they have saved their best showings for us as well so no doubt we are by far the best side in this league, in terms of ability and technically.

But, as others have said, there is still a softness which Leeds and other have exploited. 

We absolutely dominate games for 90%+ of the time including last night but the sub 10% where we are a mess. We should have been 4-0 up with the wrongly disallowed goal and Mavididi and Daka’s misses and then enter the fluke goals later and that small percentage of the game costs us. 

The could have been out of sight is correct but how often are we going to say this? It seems every time we drop points we are talking about the same issues. Missing sitters and getting sucker punched at the other end. If these issues keep reoccurring, is it remiss to just keep shrugging them off?

Momentum is key in football and with the momentum and kind fixtures Leeds have, I’d go as far as to say they should be winning the league and it’ll be a failure on their part if they don’t. We should still have plenty enough to keep clear of Southampton and Ipswich even if Leeds do catch us and it’ll be a catastrophic crash in form to allow either of them in. 

This also takes us to 6 defeats which equals the total for our 2013/14 season under Pearson, with 12 games to go. Whilst we are winning a huge amount of games over the season, I’d say we are also losing too many. We can also forget about the points record now as well.

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, LCFC-92 said:

Take away last night's result, let's not forget not long ago we were 12 points clear.

This is Rodgers level of bottling. We've seen it before, on more than one occasion. 

New players, new manager, still no back bone.

Can’t agree with this.

Football is about moments. IF either Mavididi or Daka had scored their simple chances in the second half last night, this forum would be praising the team and the manager to the skies.

There would have been zero talk about ‘bottling’ anything.

Top players put those chances away. Simply, they score and the game is put to bed.

Unfortunately, neither of those are ‘top players’. Daka misses easy chances and Mavididi is too inconsistent.

A lack of individual ability, not team mentality, lost us the game last night.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Can’t agree with this.

Football is about moments. IF either Mavididi or Daka had scored their simple chances in the second half last night, this forum would be praising the team and the manager to the skies.

There would have been zero talk about ‘bottling’ anything.

Top players put those chances away. Simply, they score and the game is put to bed.

Unfortunately, neither of those are ‘top players’. Daka misses easy chances and Mavididi is too inconsistent.

A lack of individual ability, not team mentality, lost us the game last night.

That's relatable to anything though isn't it?

if we hadn't got relegated we wouldn't even be talking about winning the championship etc etc.

Talking points come from the actions on the pitch.

Chances were bottled, a 1 nil lead (to which we had complete control of the game) was bottled.

We didn't even lose to a good Leeds performance. They were poor, but didn't turn their nose up at a Leicester gift.

Edited by LCFC-92

4 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Well done. You must be very pleased with yourself. Personally I feel like shit.

Nah, just realistic. I still think we'll win the league, but I didn't think for a second we were going to get anything last night.

Cheer up, still 6 points clear at the top, enjoy your weekend.

Edited by LCFC-92
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

Would of, should of, could of. The only thing that matters is points, and we didn't get any.

:dunno:

The point remains. This team is miles away from Rodger’s bunch of bottle jobs. Mentally, it’s much stronger.

Last night, ability cost us.

It’s why I keep saying the club must invest significantly if/when we are promoted.

You can’t go into the top league in the world with strikers who miss chances like those last night

Edited by Col city fan