Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

Nah, just realistic. I still think we'll win the league, but I didn't think for a second we were going to get anything last night.

Cheer up, if losing to Leeds (whilst still 6 points clear) is all it takes for you to feel shit, you have my sympathies.

Even when we were battering their goal, missing sitters and having perfectly legitimate goals disallowed? If last nights game doesn't make you feel like shit you can **** off.

Edited by trabuch

I just looked up the XG and can't believe Leeds had a higher XG than City.  :blink:

Is everyone on here who is saying we should have won 4-0 talking bollox or is XG just a pile of steaming crap?

Just now, Vacamion said:

I just looked up the XG and can't believe Leeds had a higher XG than City.  :blink:

Is everyone on here who is saying we should have won 4-0 talking bollox or is XG just a pile of steaming crap?

A little from column A etc..

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Even when we were battering their goal, missing sitters and having perfectly legitimate goals disallowed?

I got lucky last night. Had a few quid on Leeds to win after we went in front. Thanks to Daka and Mavi the bet came in.

Still shell shocked we lost last night. I haven’t seen our disallowed goal, but I’m told it should have stood. And those chances we missed - particularly Daka - Jesus Christ. And the two deflections… I thought Ipswich used up all the deflected goals against us this season. 

Need to string 3 or 4 together now.

• Like 1

Just now, Vacamion said:

We had the 2 biggest clear chances and Faes header was surely an expected goal from where he was.. plus the dissallowed goal - if xg was anything less than 4 I’m calling it a pile of steaming crap!

1 minute ago, Hamilton Fox said:

We had the 2 biggest clear chances and Faes header was surely an expected goal from where he was.. plus the dissallowed goal - if xg was anything less than 4 I’m calling it a pile of steaming crap!

Screenshot_20240224_092746_X.jpg.db6f8148fcebb6d6fc774f770364c559.jpg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

Nah, just realistic. I still think we'll win the league, but I didn't think for a second we were going to get anything last night.

Cheer up, still 6 points clear at the top, enjoy your weekend.

This must be a lie, or you weren't watching the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Still shell shocked we lost last night. I haven’t seen our disallowed goal, but I’m told it should have stood. And those chances we missed - particularly Daka - Jesus Christ. And the two deflections… I thought Ipswich used up all the deflected goals against us this season. 

Need to string 3 or 4 together now.

QPR (h)

Sunderland (a)

Hull (a)

Southampton (h)

Not easy fixtures at all. I would hope we would get at least 10 points from those fixtures but reckon we probably get about 7 points, and Leeds would have closed the gap to us.

Time to really step up now.

11 minutes ago, LCFC-92 said:

Cheer up, still 6 points clear at the top, enjoy your weekend.

You do seem pleased with yourself. We dominated a game for 80 minutes. 4 deflections(one double) and we lose the game 3-1. Not to mention the offside goal, Mavididi and Daka misses. 

Hardly realistic is it?

• Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Bit of both, we're ignoring Piroe and Gnoto having really good chances in the first half.

"City boss Enzo Maresca was asked about the goal in his post-match interview with Sky Sports. The Italian believes that his team have been unlucky with decisions so far this season, pointing to last week's match vs Middlesbrough as a prime example.

"The only thing I can say is that it was a crucial moment, also we had more chances to score the second one," he said. "Unfortunately this year we have had no luck with the referee because it has happened already many, many times, even in the last game we lost at home there was a clear foul in the first goal that the referee didn’t see, but it is what it is." "

Enzo getting tired of being on the wrong end of officiating luck again 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

All the "we dominated" talk is very Spurs 2015/16. 

For all the "dominance" on show we're losing ground, quickly. 

We simply have to win 5/6/7 on the spin now.

We’re 14 points clear don’t worry 

We’re 9 points clear don’t worry 

We’re 6 points clear don’t worry 

We’re 3 points clear don’t worry 

We’re ahead on goal difference don’t worry 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LVFox said:

Woke up and I'm still fuming.

Fuming we played so well for 80 and came away with nothing.

Fuming with the missed chances

Fuming with the disallowed goal

Fuming with their deflected second

Fuming with our ability to fold at the first showing of pressure.

Fuming with huge overreaction on here and inability to see how good we can become.

Football, bloody annoying isn't it!

Just think waking up snug and comfortable

when we have romped the championship,

you won’t just fume,but combust into flames and explode into tears and emotions

of delight…

Football gives and takes has it will,just like Enzo preaches…

Fcuk Caesar, fcuk Faarke, we have Enzo who will build our legions..

while Leeds burns in their own flames of expectancy..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

"City boss Enzo Maresca was asked about the goal in his post-match interview with Sky Sports. The Italian believes that his team have been unlucky with decisions so far this season, pointing to last week's match vs Middlesbrough as a prime example.

"The only thing I can say is that it was a crucial moment, also we had more chances to score the second one," he said. "Unfortunately this year we have had no luck with the referee because it has happened already many, many times, even in the last game we lost at home there was a clear foul in the first goal that the referee didn’t see, but it is what it is." "

Enzo getting tired of being on the wrong end of officiating luck again 

Hope he's getting tired of being on the wrong end of his poor sub decisions and inviting huge pressure at the end of games. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

QPR (h)

Sunderland (a)

Hull (a)

Southampton (h)

Not easy fixtures at all. I would hope we would get at least 10 points from those fixtures but reckon we probably get about 7 points, and Leeds would have closed the gap to us.

Time to really step up now.

To be fair I'd take 7 points from that. Still confident we'll put away the fodder towards in the final run of games after the Southampton game.

Just now, Noahfence said:

Do you think its was a great achievement to get so clear, to give us this buffer?

Said time and time again that every team will have a sticky patch. Ipswich had theirs when they didn't win for about 6 games.  We've lost 2 games. 

Its not a case of 'dont worry'. We have everything to play for.

Just now, Nalis said:

To be fair I'd take 7 points from that. Still confident we'll put away the fodder towards in the final run of games after the Southampton game.

Agree, if we are still top following Southampton at Home, I'm convinced we win the league.

I'd take 6 from those 4 games, no less though.

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Do you think its was a great achievement to get so clear, to give us this buffer?

Said time and time again that every team will have a sticky patch. Ipswich had theirs when they didn't win for about 6 games.  We've lost 2 games. 

It’s not a case of 'dont worry'. We have everything to play for.

I was kind of joking with that post as we’ll finish at least 2nd now. Just pointing out a lead can disappear quickly and especially in a season like this one. 

Hull & Sunderland away double header is a big one 

9 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Stick your fingers in your ears and tell everyone we'll be fine. Worked wonders last year.

Still a long way to go and every chance we fuvk this up. And there's a consistent pattern when the pressure is on - better get promoted automatically as this lot won't stand a chance in the playoffs.

We're going up. Calm down.

1 minute ago, Noahfence said:

Your fault,you didn’t believe enough and sorted blame..

and will burn in those flames of doubt and scorn.

Your ways will be barred and forbidden eyes towards

LCFC rebirth and salutations…

Gotcha Wada ya goin te say nau.

.our princely puppet doubt layer and eraser of dreams..