Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

30 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I just looked up the XG and can't believe Leeds had a higher XG than City.  :blink:

Is everyone on here who is saying we should have won 4-0 talking bollox or is XG just a pile of steaming crap?

Tbf xG would exclude the Daka shot for being offside which would have been a good sum.

Being a nice passing team often seems to equate to having a weak mentality. Seems to be the case with us. The Rodgers team were brilliant for 2 seasons but always had that soft under belly. Too passive, not enough aggression blah blah. Enzo doesn't trot out these excuses, thankfully, but the 2 best City passing sides I've seen have both had this trait. 

The subs were wrong but no one on that bench is good enough for a team top of the league aiming for promotion, Enzo said more or less post match that everything was good until the 'dynamic subs' by them. We really missed a trick not getting Carvalho.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

We’re 14 points clear don’t worry 

We’re 9 points clear don’t worry 

We’re 6 points clear don’t worry 

We’re 3 points clear don’t worry 

We’re ahead on goal difference don’t worry 

Yup. Exactly the same as the CL bottles and relegation. 

We'll Be Fine FC.

• Like 2

The likes of Justin, Ricardo, KDH, Mavididi and Daka all had fantastic games minus one big error for some of them. That's a good sign and not really anyone who had a shocker (despite how people will now want to make that the narrative).

The concern as I said before the game, is what does this say about our ability to compete against the teams around us, if we're in the Prem next year? We're not getting 10 new players so something big has to change mentality wise.

We need a big response now where we win 5/6/7 in a row to assert our dominance and change the narrative a bit

38 minutes ago, Costello said:

The difference between fans and the squad. We refer back to games where we’ve been ahead and lost, players just play the next game in the moment. I’m pretty sure they weren’t thinking “we’ll bottle this”, they’re too caught up in the moment. It happens, maybe too often. The players aren’t thinking beyond QPR. We played some decent cracking football last night let’s not forget that. As loud as Leeds fans were from the equaliser onwards, they were very quiet up to that point. The way they defended it’s not going to be a cake walk for them, they’re just as vulnerable as us.

I'm not so sure.

It's like when a team starts regularly letting goals in from corners, there seems to be an uneasiness amongst the players, not just the fans, when there is a corner to defend.

For a while now, we have let in quite a few late goals, that have cost us, when we seemed to be in control, starting with Sheff Wed away.

In more recent times, Ipswich home and away, and Cov away.

As soon as Leeds scored last night, as a fan, I'm thinking "oh no, I know what's coming next", and while yes, the players will be playing the moment, it's only human for the players too,  to think back to recent games  when it's all gone pear shaped at the end.

Not helped by so many of those late goals taking deflections.

Faes's face after their second goal last night, had that resigned look on it, as if to say, here we go again!

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm so angry I refuse to drink my tea from my usual Leicester City mug this morning. Gone with generic patterned mug - that gives some indication of the severity of the situation.

On a serious note, the thing that galls me the most, is that Leeds didn't win it, we lost it. Also, I think they knew we have a propensity to collapse under pressure, they just had to be patient and we'd do their hard work for them by falling to pieces.

I can't believe anybody didn't expect us to lose, once their first goal went in. Our so called big players go missing when they are really needed, zero leadership on the pitch

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

It was about 2 weeks ago 😂

Hasn’t changed my response then..

Has he repeated his little rant..?? No

All top managers have also had their moments. 
Not worth a jigger,they even have also a right to let off steam

or get cranky…sort of resets the sails,changes tact.

:celebrate::frantics:

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I can't believe anybody didn't expect us to lose, once their first goal went in. Our so called big players go missing when they are really needed, zero leadership on the pitch

This.

I couldn't get a bet on a Leeds win quick enough at this point. It was inevitable.

Once we lose our momentum in games we find it impossible to get it back.  Is it to do with tactics, mentality, I don't know.

I'll leave that to the football experts on this forum to opine on.

My friend who was sat in the kop last night text me this morning saying last night was one of the best nights of his life. I’m not turning this in to a perspective FC thing but it really does hit home how lucky we’ve been over the past 10 years, genuine tangible achievements. For a lot of Leeds fans of a certain age that genuinely will be one of the most famous wins they’ve ever witnessed. Mad really. 

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yup. Exactly the same as the CL bottles and relegation. 

We'll Be Fine FC.

I do think “we’ll be fine” purely because of the gulf in quality but these collapses have been a problem for a few seasons now 

46 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I just looked up the XG and can't believe Leeds had a higher XG than City.  :blink:

Is everyone on here who is saying we should have won 4-0 talking bollox or is XG just a pile of steaming crap?

XG is a pile of steaming crap. It doesn't take account of times when a better final ball would have made a goal a virtual certainty and there's an assumption that a high XG will pay off eventually when it's just as likely you'll stop creating so many chances.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Incredibly wasteful and mentally weak? Seems like a perfect recipe for the run in!

A lot of people shitting the bed, for 30 minutes in the second half we gave them a footballing lesson, against the in form side we were streets ahead,  the disallowed goal stands, one of the Daka or Mavadidi chances go in , it's game over.

So much over reaction in here it's unreal.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Isn’t that exactly why we bought Coady ..  he needed to be out there last night. 

Anyone else woke up in the dog house this morning after ranting & raving like a loon from Daka miss to end of match?  Similar scenes to Knockhaert pen miss at Watford & Arsenal winner in 15/16 season.  Why do we care so much?  Anyway another weekend ruined, off to eat humble pie and to get a grip :cry:

The manager's substitutions lost it for us again. Negative .... let's hang on to the 1-0 win. We keep doing this and just invite pressure that we cant cope with. We were well on top until he changed things. Mavididi had their winger on toast. McAteer is bang average.