Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

40 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Mavadidi was knackered 

maresca spotted that Roberts would be getting forwards so decided he needed legs that side - a kid of macateers age should be able to do that 

I'd rather a tired Mav than crapateer.

Edited by squidsworth
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Whilst I dont share his entire thoughts in his post, he does have a point on some of the issues, the match last night highlighted our continued weakness to see out a win and put away goals that at this level should be hitting the net we simply cant hide behind 70 mins of great football that means nothing we lost because of the same old frailties 

I get that, but basically a bad refereeing decision and two missed sitters cost us, we are not suddenly a shit side.

• Like 4

I still have this irrational anger at last night.

I really need to move on from it but that result, and in particular that miss from Daka, are lingering in my head and the mood around the household is low.

Even our cats are freezing their arses off sitting on the cold side of the cat flap.

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Softness and complacency in every aspect of the club. The boardroom, the players, the manager and the fanbase.

Well you call yourself Chocolate Teapot, so it makes sense why pressure is getting to you.

So walking back home and in the pub after. Their fans were saying were by far the best they’ve seen at ER this season. 

Wouldn’t be a good trip back after controlling a game until the last 10 mins.

Away end was good. 

Got the usual ribbing as per, especially as we were in control for the best part and they nicked it. Best way to win, worst way to lose.

IMG_3186.jpeg

50 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

You are wrong.

Yes I hope so I really do. Although I wasn’t about the Leeds game was I?  Despite plenty jumping on what I said. For what’s its worth I think we will squeak up but not by a huge margin. 

Edited by ARM1968

3 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I've just had some great news for my son and now literally I don't give a shite - It's a wonderful feeling that LCFC are actually quite a long way down my pecking order - even though i do love them to bits 

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

The result was a kick in the guts, the wasted gilt-edged chances frustrating and the officiating overruling a perfectly good goal infuriating, but I maintain that we were a better team than them on the night, some of the football I saw us playing was sublime.  If we play even half as well as that for the rest of the matches we'll be clear no problem.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
7 minutes ago, shen said:

Well you call yourself Chocolate Teapot, so it makes sense why pressure is getting to you.

Perspective FC out in force this morning 🫡

7 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

So walking back home and in the pub after. Their fans were saying were by far the best they’ve seen at ER this season. 

Wouldn’t be a good trip back after controlling a game until the last 10 mins.

Away end was good. 

Got the usual ribbing as per, especially as we were in control for the best part and they nicked it. Best way to win, worst way to lose.

Leeds would have took more

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Perspective FC out in force this morning 🫡

I've not previously noticed it from you before, but you didn't half pull the panic lever since last night. I worry for people with this mentality, which is why I find it so ironic when the club's mentality is questioned by the very same people. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Appreciate that but last year we lacked the quality in the league to win games against decent opposition. We lacked the mentality to win games against poor teams.  We lacked intensity and effort.  We had enough of that last night to be several goals to the good.  I was more concerned with the first half against boro where we looked a bit lethargic and were complacent. 

Hopefully we’ve had all our bad luck for the season now with the double deflected goals at Ipswich and elland road.  I can accept single deflections as not being bad luck. 

I can’t comment on the Ipswich ones as can’t remember the defending BUT Hamza spread himself (could argue that he should have closed Gray down) but Faes’s defending was absolutely shocking.

With no VAR he was more worried about where his hands were rather than actually blocking the ball….I miss the days when your CB’s would literally throw their body on the line to keep the attacker out.

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I just looked up the XG and can't believe Leeds had a higher XG than City.  :blink:

Is everyone on here who is saying we should have won 4-0 talking bollox or is XG just a pile of steaming crap?

On my app our xG was 1.62 against their 1.32. But even that seems much closer that I would have expected given our chances compared to theirs ie the same app says we created 3 big chances and they created none, which seems right. 

14 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

I get that, but basically a bad refereeing decision and two missed sitters cost us, we are not suddenly a shit side.

No one is saying we are, like I said a good performance for 65 to 70 mins then the same old frailties kick in, it has to be addressed, lovely football, great chances, then collapse and lose people are merely highlighting a reoccurring problem when playing against a decent team, I'm not being funny but I'd rather be Leeds celebrating a dodgy / lucky win whatever  you want to call it, than us who are yet again pissed off at throwing the match with 10 to 20 mins remaining 

2 minutes ago, shen said:

I've not previously noticed it from you before, but you didn't half pull the panic lever since last night. I worry for people with this mentality, which is why I find it so ironic when the club's mentality is questioned by the very same people. 

Is the panic lever solely pulled based on last night or recent seasons or more alarmingly a fair few of our 90 minute performances against Leeds (both games), Ipswich (both games), Middlesbrough’s first half performance was honking.

Football is emotive so might be fuelled a bit by that but we have hit a mini blip at a terrible time in the season.