Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

Didn’t know which thread to post this in but my biggest concern right now is that teams only seemingly have to play well in 5 minute periods to beat us in two games we’ve crumbled completely and lost to both Coventry and now Leeds.

If we crumble under this small amount of pressure in a game how are we going to cope now the pressure is about to become red hot from the chasing pack. If we drop out of the top 2, how are we going to deal with that pressure of not only being in the pressure cooker atmosphere of the play-offs but also having the pressure of having blown a lead in the top 2.

Praying for miracles today.

I was hoping after a sleep I’d be able to shake this feeling but I haven’t been able too and still feel completely numb.

Maybe I’m thinking irrationally due to the pain of last night. 

Edited by WinslowFox
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Perspective FC out in force this morning 🫡

People dont want to hear anything but positivity, which I get to a degree, no one wants to hear that 20 mins of yet another collapse against good opposition, and missing at this level, easy chances, we lost, but yeah for 70 mins we were great.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vazman said:

People dont want to hear anything but positivity, which I get to a degree, no one wants to hear that 20 mins of yet another collapse against good opposition, and missing at this level, easy chances, we lost, but yeah for 70 mins we were great.

We played well for 70 mins, leeds played well for 20 mins and beat us 3-1? That’s why we’re annoyed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

I'm not so sure.

It's like when a team starts regularly letting goals in from corners, there seems to be an uneasiness amongst the players, not just the fans, when there is a corner to defend.

For a while now, we have let in quite a few late goals, that have cost us, when we seemed to be in control, starting with Sheff Wed away.

In more recent times, Ipswich home and away, and Cov away.

As soon as Leeds scored last night, as a fan, I'm thinking "oh no, I know what's coming next", and while yes, the players will be playing the moment, it's only human for the players too,  to think back to recent games  when it's all gone pear shaped at the end.

Not helped by so many of those late goals taking deflections.

Faes's face after their second goal last night, had that resigned look on it, as if to say, here we go again!

His face was more that he could believe they’d score off two deflections. Let’s face it Leeds didn’t massively threaten,  Vesty didn’t clear for the first goal, second was freak deflections that could have gone anywhere. It’s not like we were being over run. If I were Leeds I’d be worried defensively. We cut them open just couldn’t finish. 

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Is the panic lever solely pulled based on last night or recent seasons or more alarmingly a fair few of our 90 minute performances against Leeds (both games), Ipswich (both games), Middlesbrough’s first half performance was honking.

Football is emotive so might be fuelled a bit by that but we have hit a mini blip at a terrible time in the season.

It's obviously fuelled by past seasons of incompetence. Add to it an apprehension of our playing style and a lack of composure among our fanbase akin to that of Daka, Mavididi and Fatawu.

If we had been terrible for 80 mins yesterday and been as reliant as Leeds were on the officials and opposition letting them off the hook, would that have been more reassuring?

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

It's just not true. But I suppose there are large discrepancies in what football fans are looking for. 

I think everyone acknowledges that our finishing was shit and that losing games late is as disconsolate as winning late is euphoric. 

I might be naïve as to what a supporter is, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include abuse or OTT criticism.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I'm not usually that fuming after a loss, but I'm still livid with Pawson and the officials. 

Pawson was dreadful yet again, as was the linesman, who called offside for Dakas goal, but as usual nothing will happen, I wouldn't be surprised if we didnt as a club say anything either, I know Enzo tried at the time, bless him, but it should and needs to be addressed, it 100% effected the outcome of the match which makes it more enfuriating.

Upgrade on Daka needed . Would Cannon have put those chances away I wonder . We were brilliant for long periods to go on and lose and concede 3 is hard to take . We now go on a long winning run to ease the pain . keep the faith . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shen said:

It's obviously fuelled by past seasons of incompetence. Add to it an apprehension of our playing style and a lack of composure among our fanbase akin to that of Daka, Mavididi and Fatawu.

If we had been terrible for 80 mins yesterday and been as reliant as Leeds were on the officials and opposition letting them off the hook, would that have been more reassuring?

It's just not true. But I suppose there are large discrepancies in what football fans are looking for. 

I think everyone acknowledges that our finishing was shit and that losing games late is as disconsolate as winning late is euphoric. 

I might be naïve as to what a supporter is, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't include abuse or OTT criticism.

I see where you’re coming from on the 80 minute performance BUT a game of football is played over 90 minutes so not sure how “great we were for 80 minutes” should give as much comfort as some make out.

Obviously it’s better than getting out played for 80 minutes but it also could mean that like a percentage of fans (as it appears to be) Enzo/players could be ignorant to our obvious flaws which is our complete lack of ability to weather any pressure without folding like a pack of cards.

A big, ball winning DM offering protection is something that we need (in either league) next season but is that “the Enzo way”?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not usually that fuming after a loss, but I'm still livid with Pawson and the officials. 

If you lose a game without controversy then you can just take it on the chin. The disallowed goal was a prime example of the errors VAR is meant to address.  

3 minutes ago, shen said:

To be honest most of the abuse is aimed at those who dare to mention anything negative, in a constructive  manner, but yes there have been some OTT negative comments as well with no content, supporters will either blindly follow looking at everything in a positive lite, or will pick away at what they feel is a continuing issue, my point is I acknowledge we played well for 70 odd mins, but we also collapsed in a big match, which we have a tendency to do against better teams. Emotions  are running high I really wanted to beat these and thought we were going to, then the same old frailties kicked in, for me personally I am pissed off beyond belief at this, and in particular against a Leeds team that I didn't think were all that. But I have not been abusive to anyone that thinks different to me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Costello said:

His face was more that he could believe they’d score off two deflections. Let’s face it Leeds didn’t massively threaten,  Vesty didn’t clear for the first goal, second was freak deflections that could have gone anywhere. It’s not like we were being over run. If I were Leeds I’d be worried defensively. We cut them open just couldn’t finish. 

We did cut then open with ease, but they won't be playing us again, I don't think they will be too worried defensively, with the rest of the shite in this league, that they still have to play.

That said, it's highly doubtfull they won't drop any points between now and the end of the season somewhere.

Same with us though, we just have to make sure we don't drop 6 points more than them.

We seem to react very badly to conceding a goal or conceding first.

How many times have we come back to win from conceding first since the early months of the season, Millwall at home?

50 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Leeds would have took more

Don’t get to as many aways as I used to because I play Saturday afternoon.

Seemed like a genuinely good group. Loud. Credit to the club.

Took our lass (Leeds fan, doesn’t know anything about football). Asked an old couple if we could stand in the bit of space near them, they asked if our tickets were for there, hers was, mine wasn’t. 

I said I’d not get in there way and stand in front of the unoccupied seat a couple of seats away. The old fella just stood in my face until I moved. Strangest experience at an away game I’ve ever had. I was polite and asked if I could stand near my girlfriend. 

They ended up with the lot who packed about 20 into a 5 seat space, ended up stood with them. Good group and never shut up :scarf:

Looking back on the game, I thought we played well. Controlled the game if not possession. Pleasure to watch Winks and KDH. Daka, miss aside, thought he linked play really well. Wingers, good, no idea why Mavididi passed when through. 

Defence, think they played Faes well but he still did ok. Vestergaard, outstanding. Full backs good. Hamza, solid, reliable. 

Subs, Cannon… had nothing. McAteer, not sure what he offers at all. 

Pawson, think he was on the wind up. Assistant near us was an absolute joker. Looked like a parent picking up the flag reluctantly and waiting for the ref to point. 

Could've won 5-0, lost 3-1. Genuinely can’t complain about too much. They ended up being worth 3 points and we weren’t. 

Play like that for 12 games and we’re fine. 

Edit - Actually really like Farke, seems like a genuine bloke. Hate Gnonto but don’t mind the rest of their side. Begrudgingly hope they go up. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It definitely wasn’t a foul

Nope it was clear as day a perfectly timed challenge and only after contacting the ball did the opposition player clatter into Ricardo’s legs. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Nope it was clear as day a perfectly timed challenge and only after contacting the ball didn’t opposition player clatter into Ricardo’s legs. 

Great challenge and right under his nose. Absolute joke of a referee. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

It definitely wasn’t a foul

Totally agree it wasn't a foul and a booking just showed what we were going to get from the officials, who then somehow fashion an offside out of nowhere, its not like it was even a close call or anything they are literally saying they've seen something that never happened! That to me smells of bias or corruption 

• Like 4

We played very well last night but yet again failed in front of goal.

This has become a common theme this season, this I believe is

because we are bereft of quality strikers, our current strikeforce 

are not up to it. End of………

Big money required for the Premiership next season or we don’t survive.

Edited by Rupert Von Suckalemon

A great away day ruined by the result, but on to the next one. 

Some of our build up play before their 1st goal was superb, but those misses at this level are unforgivable, and the way we crumble under pressure is more than worrying. 

Was nice to see Danny Simpson sitting not far behind us. 

Their crowd was pretty dire until they scored, but by the time the 3rd went in it's one of the best I've seen in years. Why can't the KP be like that?

15 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I see where you’re coming from on the 80 minute performance BUT a game of football is played over 90 minutes so not sure how “great we were for 80 minutes” should give as much comfort as some make out.

Obviously it’s better than getting out played for 80 minutes but it also could mean that like a percentage of fans (as it appears to be) Enzo/players could be ignorant to our obvious flaws which is our complete lack of ability to weather any pressure without folding like a pack of cards.

A big, ball winning DM offering protection is something that we need (in either league) next season but is that “the Enzo way”?

It gives comfort because on the basis of probability, we will win games where we are on top and creating big chances throughout. If we were relying on the incompetence of others, then our luck would eventually run out.

Thankfully, we've outplayed nearly all teams and won the vast majority of games quite comfortably.

I'm calm about Enzo. He knows far more than the average fan. He will know what issues we have and to be fair, he's addressed the vast majority of them already this season.

• Like 2