Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

Just now, shen said:

It gives comfort because on the basis of probability, we will win games where we are on top and creating big chances throughout. If we were relying on the incompetence of others, then our luck would eventually run out.

Thankfully, we've outplayed nearly all teams and won the vast majority of games quite comfortably.

I'm calm about Enzo. He knows far more than the average fan. He will know what issues we have and to be fair, he's addressed the vast majority of them already this season.

We’re going to have to agree to disagree so won’t add anything further than comfort when this group of players in previous seasons and more alarmingly this season can’t handle pressure means a lot less comfort for me.

I guess it stops it from being boring and stops the record nonsense that was becoming nauseating to me.

All I have ever cared about is promotion from this league.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Vazman said:

To be honest most of the abuse is aimed at those who dare to mention anything negative, in a constructive  manner, but yes there have been some OTT negative comments as well with no content, supporters will either blindly follow looking at everything in a positive lite, or will pick away at what they feel is a continuing issue, my point is I acknowledge we played well for 70 odd mins, but we also collapsed in a big match, which we have a tendency to do against better teams. Emotions  are running high I really wanted to beat these and thought we were going to, then the same old frailties kicked in, for me personally I am pissed off beyond belief at this, and in particular against a Leeds team that I didn't think were all that. But I have not been abusive to anyone that thinks different to me.

Good on you.

I get that emotions are running high, they did for me too. I was cheesed off all night. 

But those emotions should stay just that. It shouldn't cloud the facts or make us turn against our own team or fanbase. Especially considering the season we're having. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

We’re going to have to agree to disagree so won’t add anything further than comfort when this group of players in previous seasons and more alarmingly this season can’t handle pressure means a lot less comfort for me.

I guess it stops it from being boring and stops the record nonsense that was becoming nauseating to me.

All I have ever cared about is promotion from this league.

Fair enough, but remember that a large part of this group and staff were not even here last season... 

I hope you still get to enjoy the remaining part of the season :thumbup:

We played some great football & should have been out of sight. Poor finishing/bad luck to blame.

Ref I thought was lousy for both sides. Thought at the time that Perieras’ tackle was excellent & was staggered it was given as a foul let alone a yellow! Seen it back on tv now & it was a terrible decision.

Proper game of football though & the atmosphere was electric. Glad I went, & I enjoyed the game, but obviously crushingly disappointed with the result. 
I still think we’ll win the league.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

We played very well last night but yet again failed in front of goal.

This has become a common theme this season, this I believe is

because we are bereft of quality strikers, our current strikeforce 

are not up to it. End of………

Big money required for the Premiership next season or we don’t survive.

Totally agree. Our 4 centre forwards between them have missed so many chances & it has cost us a number of points.

We definitely need a quality striker for next season

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WinslowFox said:

Didn’t know which thread to post this in but my biggest concern right now is that teams only seemingly have to play well in 5 minute periods to beat us in two games we’ve crumbled completely and lost to both Coventry and now Leeds.

If we crumble under this small amount of pressure in a game how are we going to cope now the pressure is about to become red hot from the chasing pack. If we drop out of the top 2, how are we going to deal with that pressure of not only being in the pressure cooker atmosphere of the play-offs but also having the pressure of having blown a lead in the top 2.

Praying for miracles today.

I was hoping after a sleep I’d be able to shake this feeling but I haven’t been able too and still feel completely numb.

Maybe I’m thinking irrationally due to the pain of last night. 

I get how you feel, but it sounds like it's taking it's toll, more than it should (I'm not being judgemental). 

Next season will, more than likely, be a fight for survival, a difficult season.

Personally, I'm not not really looking forward to it. I dislike The Premier League for many reasons, VAR & the bias towards 'The Big 6'  being just two of them.

1 hour ago, WinslowFox said:

Didn’t know which thread to post this in but my biggest concern right now is that teams only seemingly have to play well in 5 minute periods to beat us in two games we’ve crumbled completely and lost to both Coventry and now Leeds.

If we crumble under this small amount of pressure in a game how are we going to cope now the pressure is about to become red hot from the chasing pack. If we drop out of the top 2, how are we going to deal with that pressure of not only being in the pressure cooker atmosphere of the play-offs but also having the pressure of having blown a lead in the top 2.

Praying for miracles today.

I was hoping after a sleep I’d be able to shake this feeling but I haven’t been able too and still feel completely numb.

Maybe I’m thinking irrationally due to the pain of last night. 

The two games you mention turned on two officiating decisions. We were controlling Cov til the Fatawu dismissal and if Daka's goal is allowed Leeds don't have a comeback. You can probably go through the league and find a dozen games from a dozen other clubs that have all had turning points like that. Miss at one end, get punished at the other, get a player sent off when in control of a straightforward game etc.

Some might say that's football for you.

• Like 2

Why our board/owner doesn't release a statement of what happened yesterday? Yes we collapsed the last 15min, yes we missed a lot of clear chances but what was happening from the 1st minute officiating wise was a disgrace. If this was Liverpool they would have released already a 2h video of Hollywood blockbuster quality about it. 

I'm afraid we'll go back to the PL like a lamb waiting to be sacrificed. 

I'm not sure what more Enzo can do with the squad we have. Take the obvious starters out of it and it's a bit hit and miss from what's left.

Is it just me or does Cannon look extremely slow for a young man. He strikes me as someone more suitable to the support role rather than main Striker.

Regardless of what happens in the Summer with Vardy etc I think we need another Striker with proven ability.

• Like 3

Maybe clutching at straws... 

Leeds (for most of the game) looked ordinary. We were much better imo and, until last 10 mins, arguably looked like a side in first place. Their fans knew it too. They were subdued until the closing stages. Leeds made lots of mistakes. Their keeper looked worried and so did their defence. Maybe they start to question themselves and doubt creeps in for Leeds. They could go on a dodgy run. :fc:

A good striker yesterday would have finished those chances. Just imagine 2013 14 season Nige had options of... vardy, nugent, wood, phillips, taylor fletcher and waghorn plus Schlupp could act as a striker when required.

Enzo this season as an aged Vardy, Daka, Ineanacho and Cannon. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Maybe clutching at straws... 

Leeds (for most of the game) looked ordinary. We were much better imo and, until last 10 mins, arguably looked like a side in first place. Their fans knew it too. They were subdued until the closing stages. Leeds made lots of mistakes. Their keeper looked worried and so did their defence. Maybe they start to question themselves and doubt creeps in for Leeds. They could go on a dodgy run. :fc:

Absolutely! Leicester hands down better team playing the better football. We made Leeds look one dimensional and ineffective.

some said they were not as good as in the first game I disagree - they were the same.

first game we made them look good with our sleepy start. This game we made them look like headless chickens chasing shadows. What happened is we either got bored, lost focus, tired, let the pressure get to us or all the above. Why? Maybe past mistakes comes ba k to haunt us and affect confidence? The 1-0 lead is like a curse for these players. Unless they can get another 2 or 3 goals they simply cannot hold on.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

A good striker yesterday would have finished those chances. Just imagine 2013 14 season Nige had options of... vardy, nugent, wood, phillips, taylor fletcher and waghorn plus Schlupp could act as a striker when required.

Enzo this season as an aged Vardy, Daka, Ineanacho and Cannon. 

How many teams in the championship would be crying out for those players.

Close to 350k per week on wages 

55 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm not sure what more Enzo can do with the squad we have. Take the obvious starters out of it and it's a bit hit and miss from what's left.

Is it just me or does Cannon look extremely slow for a young man. He strikes me as someone more suitable to the support role rather than main Striker.

Regardless of what happens in the Summer with Vardy etc I think we need another Striker with proven ability.

Cannon is  no where near as quick as Daka, but seems to me at least, that most of the shots he gets off, are on target.

I think as time goes on, we will find that Cannon is a far better finisher than Daka, but what we gain from his finishing, we lose in pace, and at the moment, the link play of Daka, which is really important in the way that Enzo wants to play.

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I’m not. Middlesbrough executed a game plan that worked. Leeds didn’t. 

Fair enough if you think losing at home to a mid table side is better than losing away to second who are the form team. 

15 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Cannon is  no where near as quick as Daka, but seems to me at least, that most of the shots he gets off, are on target.

I think as time goes on, we will find that Cannon is a far better finisher than Daka, but what we gain from his finishing, we lose in pace, and at the moment, the link play of Daka, which is really important in the way that Enzo wants to play.

Tend to disagree, he’s played Iheanacho there plenty of times this season and Cannon is quicker than him.