Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

Most of the game we were great but lacked finishing. Then the first goal went in and we wet the bed. Hangover from Rodgers mentality. 

Side note, congrats to Leeds on their title win, which, as far I can tell from Sky, they secured tonight. 

• Like 1

If that’s what is chasing us I have no worries at all. This’ll be wrapped up by the time they play Southampton and they will have moved on to telling Saints fans about how big they are, even though no one ****ing asked 

• Like 3

Said they’d beat us in the pre-match thread and got laughed at. 

They’re in form. We’re not. 

Still think they’ll win the league. 

Daka and Mavididi’s misses killed us. Plus the offside. 

I’m done. 

• Haha 1

Btw we can ramble about luck or whatever, proper sides get that over the line easy. Comparisons between this side and Pearson’s promotion side are obvious, the latter could grind it out. They were in that same situation and won a game 2-0. These ****ers are incredibly soft 

We don't take chances when it matters, and we don't have it in us to hang on when we miss them against anyone decent.

We may well go up this season still, but these traits mean we'll go straight back down unless something changes.

Mentally frail. The opposite of clutch. Infuriating to watch.

• Like 1

Not sure what's more frustrating - the disallowed goal or the fact that even without that we should still have been three nil up, or once again a ridiculous piece of luck costing us points.

Or maybe just Leeds celebrating like they've won the league - which no doubt their fans now believe they have as good as done.

• Like 1

Just now, An Away Move said:

I have no time for supposed Leicester fans who think we bottled that game. We had a disgusting ref who ruled out a perfectly good second match winning goal and then suffered two deflected goals against which have to go down as bad luck. We were played really well and **** anyone who thinks we collapsed or are bottle jobs. Leeds were lucky. 

Leeds were lucky. A perfectly good goal ruled out and two deflected goals.

However, we squandered easy to very easy chances. We put pressure on ourselves by not controlling possession in the final third near the end of the game.

Leeds were lucky, sure, but should have pressed our advantage. We didn't, and they did. And then we lost the game. 

That's on us.

Probably the most undeserved scoreline I've ever seen. I thought our performance was really good, especially 2nd half, but our finishing was utterly abysmal. We should have been 3/4 up before they equalised and been our of sight. Based on that performance though, there's no danger we won't go up, we are miles better than Leeds even though the scorenline didn't reflect that. Enzo will be so disappointed as on the one hand the players have put in a Real performance but on the other hand they've let him down badly with the poor finishing

• Like 1

Social media going off for a week.. can't bare the Leeds fans bragging. Fair enough if they deserved it, but they didn't.

Poor officials for riccy yellow and daka goal

But we're our own worst enemy.. mav and daka misses unforgivable it should've been game over. Ridiculous