Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

3 hours ago, Pub breath said:

7 and then 2 more at home vs Wednesday in the first game in September before we started to gel.  We would likely spank them if we played that match now.

Oh cool didn't realise that's how it works. So we'll deduct the cov defeat and Ipswich draw last month because we had players away at AFCON and would likely have spanked them if we'd been at full strength. Or does that only apply if several decades later you still sing about winning a champions League final you lost 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Oh I hadn't realised Leeds apparently had some issues at the start of the season?

You should've said earlier!

Because we were in absolutely great shape coming down weren’t we! 

Can’t believe their fans are moaning because we actually proactively appointed our guy, got business out done promptly to get incomings done so we were somewhat ready for the season!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Because we were in absolutely great shape coming down weren’t we! 

Can’t believe their fans are moaning because we actually proactively appointed our guy, got business out done promptly to get incomings done so we were somewhat ready for the season!

Yeah....We'd have loved to have done the same.  Only you didn't have an owner who completely ****ed up the sale of the club that meant we couldn't recruit a manager or sort out the transfers until 3 weeks from the start of the season, did you?  Apples and apples etc.

I'll leave it at that because I agree with the other poster that I'm ending up repeating the same shtick with every reply I get.

As I said above.  The people I've seen not accept the impact of that situation are the fans of the clubs around us in the table.  Everyone else can see it clearly.  You have to ask why that could be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Because we were in absolutely great:Dshape coming down weren’t we! 

OK.  If you lost 6 players to Afcon and we smashed you 7 nil, would you just accept we were miles better than you, despite clearly being hamstrung?

You don't need to answer.  :D

23 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Yeah....We'd have loved to have done the same.  Only you didn't have an owner who completely ****ed up the sale of the club that meant we couldn't recruit a manager or sort out the transfers until 3 weeks from the start of the season, did you?  Apples and apples etc.

I'll leave it at that because I agree with the other poster that I'm ending up repeating the same shtick with every reply I get.

As I said above.  The people I've seen not accept the impact of that situation are the fans of the clubs around us in the table.  Everyone else can see it clearly.  You have to ask why that could be.

All I’m saying is I don’t know why you’re coming on a Leicester forum, trying to convince us all you’re better than us and not liking the response you’re getting!

Everyone knows the season starts in August and the window is open. Regardless of circumstances, it’s not our problem you weren’t ready. There’s also no guarantee you’d have picked up more points in that time, you are making out like you’re guaranteed to have got full points.

Injuries, AFCON, transfer windows are all factors. We have been a different side with Ndidi, pretty much won every game with him playing I think. He’s been missing around 3 months of the season. Vardy has had a couple of lengthy absences too. You don’t see us wanting to only count the games Ndidi played in do you? You have put out the same side week on week pretty much so it doesn’t appear you’ve had any injuries of note.

You mentioned AFCON. We actually didn’t end up particularly affected there. Daka was a miss as he’d come into form but Cannon looked decent. Fatawu didn’t go but ended up suspended the first game after he’d have gone until he’d have been back anyway! Ndidi got injured for months so we’d have been better off if he had just gone to AFCON and came back! We also had Casadei called back from Chelsea so we are Ndidi and Casadei short in the centre of midfield and were unable to bring anybody else in. But again, we are dealing with it.

I don’t buy the narrative we are miles better. I think from what I saw on Friday, we are probably a fair bit better ability wise. But I think your squad is tougher mentally. That turnaround wouldn’t have happened in reverse had we been 1-0 at the KP (well it didn’t when that was the case).

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

A few things can be true at once: 

- Leicester were the better side vs Leeds for most of the game 

- Leicester capitulated in the final 10 mins

- Leeds got the job done and found a way to win 

- Leeds are in great form and currently the in form team

- if you arbitrarily look at the post-August table, Leeds have more points than Leicester 

- if you look at the actual table Leicester have 6 more points than Leeds 

- @Pub breath is obsessed with August and overstates how much of a disruption it was lol

Note that Leeds have had 4 game runs with a worse points return that their August, which kinda renders the whole ‘August’ argument a bit pointless…

Well nope and nope really.  The worst run we have had was the first 5 games and any other bad runs were this present team.  The bad run at the start of the season had fewer than half the present team in at at times.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

A few things can be true at once: 

- Leicester were the better side vs Leeds for most of the game 

- Leicester capitulated in the final 10 mins

- Leeds got the job done and found a way to win 

- Leeds are in great form and currently the in form team

- if you arbitrarily look at the post-August table, Leeds have more points than Leicester 

- if you look at the actual table Leicester have 6 more points than Leeds 

- @Pub breath is obsessed with August and overstates how much of a disruption it was lol

Note that Leeds have had 4 game runs with a worse points return that their August, which kinda renders the whole ‘August’ argument a bit pointless...

All perfectly valid points however you seem to be forgetting that many other people in football agree with him, including journalists? 

Finally watched the extended highlights back. Lovely couple of assists by Vestergaard to be fair :D 

That lay off for Roberts goal was very tidy.

Mavidi looked like our main goal threat, odd to see him come off. KDH and Pereira can feel very unfortunate not to come off that pitch with assists as well.

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

All I’m saying is I don’t know why you’re coming on a Leicester forum, trying to convince us all you’re better than us and not liking the response you’re getting!

Everyone knows the season starts in August and the window is open. Regardless of circumstances, it’s not our problem you weren’t ready. There’s also no guarantee you’d have picked up more points in that time, you are making out like you’re guaranteed to have got full points.

I mean, to be fair, that's not even what was being discussed.  What was being discussed originally is you being head and shoulder better than us.  I made the point that we had a very different team in August and that if you compare the present team and their results to you, we've gained more.  Not that we would have definitely gained more in August.  That can never be proven.

That really isn't an outlandish suggestion in any way whatsoever but is naturally not one that you want to accept. 

9 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Well nope and nope really.  The worst run we have had was the first 5 games and any other bad runs were this present team.  The bad run at the start of the season had fewer than half the present team in at at times.

Try again. 

6th August Leeds vs Cardiff 2-2

12th August Birmingham vs Leeds 1-0

18th August Leeds vs West Brom 1-1

26th August Ipswich vs Leeds 3-4 

5 points out of 12

16th December Leeds vs Coventry 1-1

23rd December Leeds vs Ipswich 4-0

26th December Preston vs Leeds 2-1

29th December West Brom vs Leeds 1-0

4 points out of 12

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Try again. 

6th August Leeds vs Cardiff 2-2

12th August Birmingham vs Leeds 1-0

18th August Leeds vs West Brom 1-1

26th August Ipswich vs Leeds 3-4 

5 points out of 12

16th December Leeds vs Coventry 1-1

23rd December Leeds vs Ipswich 4-0

26th December Preston vs Leeds 2-1

29th December West Brom vs Leeds 1-0

4 points out of 12

Well Jon, you can discount the match where we drew against  Wednesday at home in September if you like but it was definitely dropped points and definitely part of a run at the start of the season.

So...Still nope.

Edited by Pub breath
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I mean, to be fair, that's not even what was being discussed.  What was being discussed originally is you being head and shoulder better than us.  I made the point that we had a very different team in August and that if you compare the present team and their results to you, we've gained more.  Not that we would have definitely gained more in August.  That can never be proven.

That really isn't an outlandish suggestion in any way whatsoever but is naturally not one that you want to accept. 

I’m not sure anyone in this top 4 is head and shoulders above one another anyway. 4 very strong teams. I maintain that Southampton for example, would be doing much better if they didn’t have Russel Martin in charge. Ipswich have some very good players as well.

I think if you said simply that you think your 11 is similar to us that is probably fair. But talking an out August and coming across as playing victim hasn’t helped you is all I’m saying.

As for the head to head games, don’t underestimate the fact Ndidi was not playing either time whilst you had your strongest 11 out. Absolute beast for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Well Jon, you can discount the match where we drew against  Wednesday at home in September if you like but it was definitely dropped points and definitely part of a run at the start of the season.

So...Still nope.

Are you for real? lollollol

You've been banging on about August all this time...

Of course I discounted it. You've been the one obsessed with August and 'once this team of Galacticos was assembled by 29th August' and now the cold hard facts don't fit your arbitrary narrative you're now saying 'oh can we count some of the results I didn't like in September too?' 

It's quite simple. You LITERALLY played 4 league games in August. You got 5 points out of 12. 

You've had other 4 game runs that have UNCONTESTABLY resulted in fewer points - 4 out of 12

Edited by Les-TA-Jon

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’m not sure anyone in this top 4 is head and shoulders above one another anyway. 4 very strong teams. I maintain that Southampton for example, would be doing much better if they didn’t have Russel Martin in charge. Ipswich have some very good players as well.

I think if you said simply that you think your 11 is similar to us that is probably fair. But talking an out August and coming across as playing victim hasn’t helped you is all I’m saying.

As for the head to head games, don’t underestimate the fact Ndidi was not playing either time whilst you had your strongest 11 out. Absolute beast for us.

We didn't have our strongest 11 out in either game but that's fine.

I agree and that's literally all I've said.  You aren't head and shoulders better.  Not that we are superior.  If the season has taught us anything, it's that we're very closely matched.

Disagree about the victim thing.  Really not the slant at all.  Just mitigating circumstances that have been well reported on.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Are you for real? You've been banging on about August all this time...and now you're saying 'oh but actually part of September counts too!'

It's quite simple. You LITERALLY played 4 league games in August. You got 5 points out of 12. 

You've had other 4 game runs that have UNCONTESTABLY resulted in fewer points - 4 out of 12

Eh?  So a draw and dropped points at home to relegation fodder that was came after 4 games in August, doesn't count because it wasn't in the same month?

You're confusing two things.  I mentioned August because thos team were not all acquired until September.  You mentioned runs, not me.  Our bad run did not end until we played Millwall.

Don't purposefully conflate stuff because you got something wrong bud.

Edited by Pub breath
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

So...Still nope.

Also, hilariously, you're entire 'August narrative' has been predicated on 'Since August Leeds have taken more points than Leicester' 

But now that you're discounted the first game of September too it's actually 66 points each

You've had a mare lol

Just now, Pub breath said:

Eh?  So a draw and dropped points at home to relegation fodder that was came after 4 games in August, doesn't count because it wasn't in the same month?

You're confusing two things.  I mentioned August because thos team were not all acquired until September.  You mentioned runs, not me.  Our bad run did not end until we played Millall.  

Don't purposefully conflate stuff because you got something wrong bud.

You've literally been saying all this time 'August, August, August'

You also specifically mentioned 29th August as the date when this team was assembled. 

I was literally using the terms that you used. 

Since you were talking about August, I had to use games in August. You played 4 and got 5 points. 

Now you're also counting games in September....? 

6 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Also, hilariously, you're entire 'August narrative' has been predicated on 'Since August Leeds have taken more points than Leicester' 

But now that you're discounted the first game of September too it's actually 66 points each

You've had a mare lol

Oh gosh Jon.

The reverse.  I've always included rhe Wednesdsy result in that even though we were clearly a newly cobbled together team and still gelling.  If you took that game out, we have even more points since than Leicester amassed.  Bur it's always been in there because in fairness, that team was together by then.  So yes, we have gained more points with the Wednesday game in still.

Sorry mate.  It's you who has had a mare there and got it all skewed.

Edited by Pub breath