Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds United (A) 3-1 - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You've literally been saying all this time 'August, August, August'

You also specifically mentioned 29th August as the date when this team was assembled. 

I was literally using the terms that you used. 

Since you were talking about August, I had to use games in August. You played 4 and got 5 points. 

Now you're also counting games in September....? 

I never once mentioned runs of games.  You did so I then corrected you.

You can't confuse two things and then spit your dummy out when corrected.

OK.  You can but you probably shouldn't.

4 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Oh gosh Jon.

The reverse.  I've always included rhe Wednesdsy result in that even though we were clearly a newly cobbled together team and still gelling.  If you took that game out, we have even more points since than Leicester amassed.  Bit it's always been in there because in fairness, that team was together by then.  So yes, we have gained more points with the Wednesday game in still.

Sorry mate.  It's you who has had a mare there and got it all skewed.

But the hard truth is that it doesn't matter how many points you acquire over a set time, it's a while season. Hard fact is that you're 6pts behind had a poor start, but now you have momentum. 

More points in a set time is not relevant to the big picture. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

Just now, Pub breath said:

Oh gosh Jon.

The reverse.  I've always included rhe Wednesdsy result in that even though we were clearly a newly cobbled together team and still gelling.  If you took that game out, we have even more points since than Leicester amassed.  Bit it's always been in there because in fairness, that team was together by then.  So yes, we have gained more points with the Wednesday game in still.

Sorry mate.  It's you who has had a mare there and got it all skewed.

What have I got wrong or skewed? 

You keep moving the goalposts. 

Which is it? 

A) 'Leeds have been the better side since August' then its 67 points to Leeds vs 66 for Leicester. But the argument that your bad start 'cost' you (5/12 points) is a bit silly, since you've had 4 game runs since your team of world beaters was assembled, with (4/12 points)

B) 'Leeds have been the better side since 'our arbitrary bad run at the start of the season' then it's 66 points each. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Oh cool didn't realise that's how it works. So we'll deduct the cov defeat and Ipswich draw last month because we had players away at AFCON and would likely have spanked them if we'd been at full strength. Or does that only apply if several decades later you still sing about winning a champions League final you lost 

It wasn't the Champions League. 

6 hours ago, Pub breath said:

Because fewer than half of the team playing now were playing in August.  That seems fair if we are making a comparison of who the best team is.  You know, actually comparing the teams and not a load of players who aren't actually at the club.

I think both teams are pretty even in terms of player quality, it will be interesting if we do both go up how well both teams recruit as if we are honest, neither is good enough for the prem without serious recruitment. Both teams have certain players that are good enough for the prem and both teams have players that aren't yet/might never be at the prem standard. Whilst he had a decent game on Friday, I still think meslier is your weak link and Hermansen is head and shoulders better than him. Probably the only area where we are better than you over the pitch, other areas we are pretty similar I'd say although you men do have deeper options in attack than we do. 

1 hour ago, Pub breath said:

Fine.  As long as you believe that if Leeds had brought in Farke at the same time as you brought in Meresca and the ownership change hadn't resulted in our business being a car crash and at the end rather than the start of the window, the table would still look the same as it does now....then fine.  You're right, in your own mind.

I don't believe that and nor do many other people in football.  The affect it had has been spoken about by every pundit and columnist that covers the league   They all agree that it screwed our start up.  As would you without your blue tinted glasses :)

The one thing I can guarantee is, if the situation was reversed, you'd be making the EXACT same argument.

As long as you believe mate, nobody can take your truth away from you.  Just make sure you keep the specs on at all times ;)

You're living in a different world, which is fine, but you're the only one living there. 

If my auntie had bollocks, she'd be my uncle. You don't get to ignore parts of the season because they didn't go as well as you expected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

What have I got wrong or skewed? 

You keep moving the goalposts. 

Which is it? 

A) 'Leeds have been the better side since August' then its 67 points to Leeds vs 66 for Leicester. But the argument that your bad start 'cost' you (5/12 points) is a bit silly, since you've had 4 game runs since your team of world beaters was assembled, with (4/12 points)

B) 'Leeds have been the better side since 'our arbitrary bad run at the start of the season' then it's 66 points each. 

Jon.  There are two points in time.

The point in time that our squad was completed.

A point in time when our worst run of the season ended.

Those two points in time are different.  Because, you know, they are different things.

Those two points in time have different discussion points.

It's not complicated.

I'm off for a run :D

13 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

We didn't have our strongest 11 out in either game but that's fine.

I agree and that's literally all I've said.  You aren't head and shoulders better.  Not that we are superior.  If the season has taught us anything, it's that we're very closely matched.

Disagree about the victim thing.  Really not the slant at all.  Just mitigating circumstances that have been well reported on.

Go on then, who were you missing from both games as they look like pretty much strongest sides to be but I’ll stand corrected!

As I say, (in my view) we clearly even in defeat showed we are better ability wise (and I’m a more pessimistic supporter). But you have some strengths we don’t seem to have and with the momentum and fixtures left, I’m pretty sure you’ll finish top and genuinely be able to say you were the best side. 

5 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Those two points in time are different.  Because, you know, they are different things.

It's not complicated.

Oh OK then so literally no counter argument or demonstration of where I was wrong. Well done again mate. 

Hope your run goes well. If you're not happy with your time or distance I'm sure you'll find a way to count it how you like. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I think both teams are pretty even in terms of player quality, it will be interesting if we do both go up how well both teams recruit as if we are honest, neither is good enough for the prem without serious recruitment. Both teams have certain players that are good enough for the prem and both teams have players that aren't yet/might never be at the prem standard. Whilst he had a decent game on Friday, I still think meslier is your weak link and Hermansen is head and shoulders better than him. Probably the only area where we are better than you over the pitch, other areas we are pretty similar I'd say although you men do have deeper options in attack than we do. 

Be more a test of managers

One who has never managed in the prem and one who has the following record

Screenshot_20240225_153100_Samsung Internet.jpg

7 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Do Leeds fans ever talk to Leeds fans about Leeds after Leeds win? On a Leeds forum? Or is it just the rest of the world that has to suffer as we get lectured too without respite about why Leeds are so brilliant. What do you all actually want? Are you expecting us all to wax lyrical about the mighty Leeds and say you were the bestest team we ever played, and had the noisest, most passionate fanbase, and it was a privelidge to see Farke's galacticos scoring the most incredible double deflection goal the world has ever seen outside of Portman Road. If you are expecting everyone else to like and respect Leeds, well that's not going to happen - mainly because your fanbase is so insufferable.

Why are they all here? Why are they all over the comment sections of the Youtube videos? Newspaper match report comment sections would be understandable. The EFL's highlights would be understandable. The LCFC highlights is slightly less understandable. But they are all over the Enzo Maresca post match interview, on the LCFC channel. Who does that? Who watches opposition manager post match interview videos and comments on them, 5 minutes after they are uploaded?

-

You do realise we didn't see a single Middlesborough fan here after that game, when we lost. You don't even get Liverpool and Man Utd fans giving it the biggun on here, and they are the worst glory hunting plastics on the planet. What happened in Leeds to make you all like this? Don't you all think it's a bit weird?

Leeds Utd are massive and the best team in the championship. Didn't you know that they didn't get sorted until September and if it was August they would be top of the league and absolutely brilliant? Didn't you know that they have the best squad and the best manager in the league? 

I think that covers all that they can say. I'm with you it is a bit odd. If they were that big, they'd be in the premier League. All we can do is.... 

51HI8gctpQL.jpg

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I never once mentioned runs of games.  You did so I then corrected you.

You can't confuse two things and then spit your dummy out when corrected.

OK.  You can but you probably shouldn't.

I know Leeds beat us, helped by our legitimate goal being disallowed, and two deflected goals, within a frantic last 10 minutes, when we lost control of a game we should have been 4 or 5 up in, but out of interest are Leeds always that average, or did we just make you look that way.

I'm interested because I don't watch your games, i can't really be arsed, but in the two games that we've played you, I thought we were both poor in the game at Leicester, but the result could easily have been the other way, or even a draw, and the game on Friday night, either we played you off the park in your own back yard, or it was because Leeds are really a bit average, and made us look better than we are.

Also that young Archie Gray, is he always that crap, or was it a one off?

To be honest, I was disappointed when you switched him over to the left, to save him from more ridicule, that we didn't start playing more down the right side with Fatawu, and let him rip Gray a new one too.

Massive weak link he was for you, I was just wondering if he is always that crap, and if Leeds are always that average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pub breath said:

It's not complicated.

Keep running and running until you don't come back on here you Yorkshire pudding

• Haha 1

@Pub breath I’ve only just read some of your posts but not sure what you’re actually trying to achieve by coming on a Leicester forum spouting off about “forget August and we’d be better than 70’s Brazil, more of an attraction than the Harlem Globetrotters blah blah.

Have a word with yourself mate and think why you’re even on here? 

We love opposition fans on here and have numerous regular posts from top opposition fans btw.

20 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

@Pub breath I’ve only just read some of your posts but not sure what you’re actually trying to achieve by coming on a Leicester forum spouting off about “forget August and we’d be better than 70’s Brazil, more of an attraction than the Harlem Globetrotters blah blah.

Have a word with yourself mate and think why you’re even on here? 

We love opposition fans on here and have numerous regular posts from top opposition fans btw.

I'm not here for any reason.  I usually have perfectly normal and reasonable exchanges with your more balanced posters.  I enjoy the exchanges.

The problem with discussions like this is that the original point being made gets missed and people read posts and start making their own version of what point is being made up.

I certainly didn't expect such a strong defence of the poster I responded to originally but that's what happened.  I expected most on this forum would see him as the man making unfathomable assertions, not me.  I read the room wrong, it would seem but I don't think I've said anything unreasonable or out of order, have I?

So happy to turn it around.  All I said was that Leicester don't have a case to say that they are head and shoulders better than Leeds.  To me, that can only mean Leeds now.  Not Leeds when half the players who were playing for us, aren't even at the club.

As it was me who was pilloried and not that poster, I'd be interested in some reasonings why he's right as obviously most posters agree.  Even if we discount August and who has played easier teams, 6 points (a two game swing) can't surely be "head and shoilders".  Can it?  Over to you then.

5 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I'm not here for any reason.  I usually have perfectly normal and reasonable exchanges with your more balanced posters.  I enjoy the exchanges.

The problem with discussions like this is that the original point being made gets missed and people read posts and start making their own version of what point is being made up.

I certainly didn't expect such a strong defence of the poster I responded to originally but that's what happened.  I expected most on this forum would see him as the man making unfathomable assertions, not me.  I read the room wrong, it would seem but I don't think I've said anything unreasonable or out of order, have I?

So happy to turn it around.  All I said was that Leicester don't have a case to say that they are head and shoulders better than Leeds.  To me, that can only mean Leeds now.  Not Leeds when half the players who were playing for us, aren't even at the club.

As it was me who was pilloried and not that poster, I'd be interested in some reasonings why he's right as obviously most posters agree.  Even if we discount August and who has played easier teams, 6 points (a two game swing) can't surely be "head and shoilders".  Can it?  Over to you then.

For clarity none of my comments today are about the ‘head and shoulders’ narrative. 

they’re about your other posts recently and today. 

you said recently ‘there’s a case to say Leeds are the best team in the league since both teams had settled squads (ie after August). Indeed if Leeds beat Leicester then is 67 vs 64 points gained since August’ 

My retort was that, if you’re going to arbitrarily ignore the August games (5 in 12 points) why not the worse run in December (4 in 12 points) 

you then turned around and said ‘oh…I also meant to include the 1st game of September in our bad run’ 

which even if we ignore the shifting of the goalposts, that then counters your initial premise, because if we do also ignore the first game in September it’s actually 66 vs 66 points gained each since then 

14 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

For clarity none of my comments today are about the ‘head and shoulders’ narrative. 

they’re about your other posts recently and today. 

you said recently ‘there’s a case to say Leeds are the best team in the league since both teams had settled squads (ie after August). Indeed if Leeds beat Leicester then is 67 vs 64 points gained since August’ 

My retort was that, if you’re going to arbitrarily ignore the August games (5 in 12 points) why not the worse run in December (4 in 12 points) 

you then turned around and said ‘oh…I also meant to include the 1st game of September in our bad run’ 

which even if we ignore the shifting of the goalposts, that then counters your initial premise, because if we do also ignore the first game in September it’s actually 66 vs 66 points gained each since then 

Jon, I have no idea how to explain this for a third time, that makes any more sense than before.

August-Because we are comparing teams and our team was not in place until it was out

September- For rhe end of the bad run because that carried on one more game when the squad was in place.

I never moved any goalposts.  We had a discussion about one thing and then a different thing.  You conflated the two and then made that my responsibility. 

If that doesn't make sense then best we leave it mate.

• Haha 1